PDA

View Full Version : O' Night Owl Tree, O' Night Owl Tree

toggpine
December 12th, 2014, 05:16 AM
I managed to get the house in pretty good shape just in case we lost power. We still have 4 more hours of the High Wind Warning to get through, but so far, so good.

I'm saying prayers for those up & down the west coast who look to have gotten a much worse wallop from this storm front than we have.

I was in working on Dad's quilt and had the Christmas CDs on. It made me wonder what your favorite carols/ songs are.

I'm awed by Martina McBride's version of O' Holy Night, and the Muppets and Straight, No Chaser are always good for a Pick-Me-Up. Of course you can't have carols without Bing and the Rat Pack.

(If I can figure out how to link things on this new 'puter I'll add a few for your listening enjoyment!)

Stay safe out there tonight!
Hugs, Cathy

kimsophia
December 12th, 2014, 05:38 AM
I am following the California weather closely. I'm interested in the improving reservoir conditions.

Got DH's elastic waistband sewn into his new jammies. Hemming is next. :)

MayinJerset
December 12th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Hey gals, Hope those terrible winds die down and everyone is safe.

Cold here and snowing on and off so outdoor tree probably won't get decorated tomorrow. Both neighbors have tons of lights on their houses and foundation plants and we sit here dark with only indoor Christmas tree lights showing in living room window. Once we get our outdoor tree all wired up with the many strings of outdoor lights we have we'll brighten up the whole block. Surprised next door neighbor hasn't commented on our dark house or that he hasn't volunteered to get up on our roof to string lights and put more lights other places - he wouldn't be doing it out of kindness but because he wants the properties near to his house to look almost as good as his thinks his house and property look.

This afternoon DH and I had a nice lunch with friends, got back home in the evening to finish a few loads of laundry. Laundry is one thing none of us ever are "out of". Have another luncheon Friday afternoon with my Granny Cousins, plus is that cousin Toni wants to drive to Staten Island so that's good. Bridge tolls are expensive but she won't accept my paying for them so I'll give her a pumpkin cranberry bread I baked today. I'm making a note in my date book that next time we go to Staten Island I will drive.

Finished my tea so I'll see if I can get back to sleep again. 94656

kimsophia
December 12th, 2014, 08:23 AM
DH's jammies are done and hidden in the sewing room closet...cute fabric! :)
Snuggle Flannel Fabric- Cat & Mouse at Joann.com (http://www.joann.com/snuggle-flannel-fabric--cat-mouse/13457510.html#start=271&sz=90)