PDA

View Full Version : Is this a cute face or what? Fur baby

BellasQuilts
December 10th, 2014, 11:17 PM
We lost our "terrorist" Shelby this year. Phoebe, black lab now 15, is slowing down. Darcy, 3 yr old chocolate, will be alone probably soon. So, DH saw a Shiba at the airport. He liked the dog and its size. So I started looking around for one to be our new forever dog to be with Darcy and found this little girl. Hoping she will be ours before the end of the year. Pup is about 2 hour drive away. Trying to see how we can meet us for the pass off.

Isn't she adorable! Her name is Bella, the same as my awesome horse that passed away. Can I take this as a sign?

bubba
December 10th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Did you know Shiba's don't bark?

BellasQuilts
December 10th, 2014, 11:24 PM
No, I didn't know that!

MaryD
December 10th, 2014, 11:51 PM
She's beautiful!!

Midge
December 10th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Awwww. Hope this works out for you.

K. McEuen
December 11th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Looks a bit like a heeler with that coloring. I've not seen a merle before,

songbird857
December 11th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Gorgeous colors! Those paws look kinda big - how big will she get?

dwil23
December 11th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Looks a bit like a heeler with that coloring. I've not seen a merle before,

That's what I was thinking. My daughter has Australian Cattle dogs/heelers and they are wonderful dogs. Very smart.

Sandy Navas
December 11th, 2014, 12:01 PM
I think she looks as if she needs a big heart to love her, an big space to run in, and a new friend. Hope it all works out for a perfect match.

Not knowing the Shiba, I took a chance to look and Bella doesn't look like one????????

Auntpiggylpn
December 11th, 2014, 10:01 PM
We adopted my sweet old pomeranian from a rescue that was 3 hours away from us. The rescue agreed to meet us half way so we drove 1 1/2 hrs twice: once to meet Toby Bean and again a week later to bring him home. It was cold & very windy both times so we met and made the deal behind a Walmart!!!

Bella is beautiful; I hope everything goes as planned!

ginger326
December 12th, 2014, 01:48 PM
She is beautiful!!

BellasQuilts
December 14th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Update: DH nixed the pup. Phoebe, old black lab, has been having back end issues and started losing control of her bowels. He loves her so much he doesn't want her stressed with a new pup in the house. I agreed. Bummed.

rebeccas-sewing
December 14th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Are you sure this puppy isn't part bear cub? I bet this little guy is getting lots of hugs and kisses.