PDA

View Full Version : what a night.....

bubba
December 10th, 2014, 03:10 AM
MM did not sleep well and got up earlier than normal. That said, I suggested we head to Ikea. We also stopped at a sewing store on the way because I wanted a new chair and that is the place to buy it. I have never, ever seen so many sewing machines in one place at one time......holy cow!!! I would be surprised if there were less than a hundred there!

Onward to Ikea. We were barely in the door when we came across two ill bred misbehaved boys, about 7 and 11 years old. Unattended, no parents anywhere around. When they made the poor decision not to respect or listen to us, I asked MM to go get an employee and they both ran to the door. Well, I can't move that fast, but MM can! He followed them out into the parking garage and found their mom. The older one was filling her with lies and by the time I got there, Roger was giving her an earful. I walked up and told her she had one of the rudest, mouthiest children I have ever come across and she told him he needed to apologize to both of us. Well.....that went over like a ton of bricks and all either of us got were glares of death. Roger then turned his words to him and chewed him a new one. I thought the kid might actually cry! I nearly did!!! He got done with what he wanted to say and we went back inside, never saw them again. I halfway think she took them home to beat them within inches of their lives. Either that or she purposely did not cross our path again!

Got a new table top and some table legs for Jill so he can adapt it for her to fit down inside and also bought another smaller table to go back in the corner for the embroidery machine which I will hopefully start using and the Scan & Cut to share. On the way home he asked where Jack was going.....uh, I had forgotten about him! He will have to share the smaller table and take turns with the others! I am a bad mother!

So, now all this is sitting out in the back of my vehicle in my garage and hopefully it will make it in the house tomorrow. I'm kind of excited!!!

kaydee
December 10th, 2014, 03:28 AM
What did the kids do that made you reprimand them in the first place?

bubba
December 10th, 2014, 03:53 AM
They had gone inside the store to where the shopping carts are kept and were rolling them all over playing bumping cars and didn't care who got in their way.

Monique
December 10th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Good for you. Parents should have control of their children.

Doloris
December 10th, 2014, 09:17 AM
why in the world were the kids inside the store and the mother outside the store. I am glad you stepped up and did something about it. Hopefully the mother follows through and those boys have a consequence for those actions. maybe not within an inch of their lives, but something that will help them remember not to act like that again.

sewelegant
December 10th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Deloris, my thoughts exactly! Why would 2 children be in Ikea while the parent was @ her car? Good for MM!! More people need to be confronted for the unruliness of their children. Oblivious!

CarolynK
December 10th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Well, I would have done the same thing Pat. I find it more and more that kids these days have much less respect for adults than we did as kids. With five of us, all my parents had to do in public was give us the look and we knew that we'd better straighten up and fly right or else.

Carolyn
December 10th, 2014, 10:52 AM
I too remember that look. When you got home that look had a lot more to say. I believe we are all better people for it today. I do not believe we were abused either.

bubba
December 10th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I don't think we were abused either. And if another adult told me to knock it off, you did! This kid (the older one) was rude, mouthy and in a couple more years, I'd be afraid to cross his path! MM even said to him, I don't know where to behave like this, whether it was from your parents or what, but it is no acceptable. You don't talk to adults like that and one day you are going to talk to the wrong person like that and you will be sorry you did. His mother just stood there and did not say anything except that he needed to apologize, which of course he did not do and she did nothing to make him. Were he my child, he would not have been happy.

Liberty
December 10th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Wow, I would think by that age children should have enough sense (especially the 11 year old!) to behave themselves.

I doubt the mom did anything. She has raised children to behave like that. Could have been a fluke sugar enduced craze, but more than likely it's lack of discipline.

Way to go, Roger, putting them in their place!

rebeccas-sewing
December 10th, 2014, 03:02 PM
I would bet Dad was in the store with them. He probably got engrossed in something totally forgetting to keep an eye on the kids. It doesn't make sense, otherwise, that mom would be in the car if the kids were in the store. Was she on her phone? Maybe she got a call and told the kids to go in the store so she could talk on the phone uninterrupted. That wouldn't surprise me in the least. I feel sorry for the children. The parents aren't raising them to be responsible human beings and they will ALL pay for it sooner rather than later. Many children are truly victims when it comes to the parents they have been saddled with. I feel so lucky to have been raised by intelligent, responsible and well-manored adults. I hope my daughters would say the same about Joe and me. I get sad sometimes when I think how many important rules of etiquette and proper behavior have totally gone by the wayside in the case of many people walking this earth.

bubba
December 10th, 2014, 03:18 PM
She had gone out to get one of the flatbed carts, which are not kept inside by the normal carts. In my opinion, they should have gone with her.

Live to Quilt
December 10th, 2014, 05:27 PM
I am so glad MM did something. My #2 son had one of those looks LOL. I have a friend not real found of young children and she love being with these 2
So thank you MM maybe you opened mothers eyes.

alliek
December 10th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Amen! I agree with all. You did the correct thing. I'm glad the mother was at least receptive to the fact that these two boys were in the wrong and needed to apologize (even if they didn't). Roger did them a favor and I hope the mom too. Behind the "look" we got when we were kids, was the fact that this would be followed up with a good paddling if we did not conform to that which we KNEW was correct behavior (albeit not as much fun). Were we abused? Absolutely not. We were civilized, and made to see that there were others in the world beside us and they mattered too.