PDA

View Full Version : Question About Blogs Comment Section

pcbatiks
December 8th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I have a question for the computer wizards. A lot of quilters with blogs have this type of response box on their blog. What does select profile mean? And how do I know which one I should use? I know this is probably a stupid question but I'm asking anyway. :) Some blogs just have you put a name and an email address (that is not published) and then you post your comment. Thanks.

K. McEuen
December 8th, 2014, 06:13 PM
All of those are possible accounts that you might have set up, sort of like when places want you to "sign in with Facebook."
If you have any of those accounts and wish that comment to be linked through there, you choose that account. Personally, I would choose anonymous.

Sandy Navas
December 8th, 2014, 06:33 PM
And I'm here laughing because someone else has Carrie J's number . . .

pcbatiks
December 8th, 2014, 06:56 PM
All of those are possible accounts that you might have set up, sort of like when places want you to "sign in with Facebook."
If you have any of those accounts and wish that comment to be linked through there, you choose that account. Personally, I would choose anonymous.

Karen, so are any of these choices the one to use if you just want to put your email?

pcbatiks
December 8th, 2014, 06:59 PM
And I'm here laughing because someone else has Carrie J's number . . .

Yeah Sandy............Carrie "thinks" she is Santa's favorite! :icon_rofl:

K. McEuen
December 8th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Karen, so are any of these choices the one to use if you just want to put your email?

You might try Name/URL and see what it wants you to enter. Other than that I'd say no.

Sandy Navas
December 8th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Carrie can't be Santa's favorite . . . not yet, anyway . . .

Carrie J
December 8th, 2014, 08:03 PM

Sandy, I'm tellin' ya, I was DUPED....................by PAM no less! My letter from the Elves was sent by HER! Still cryin' over that!!!

I'm sending this guy to her house...................ROFL!
Oh, and we had a bet going how long it would take ya to notice, bwahahaha!