PDA

View Full Version : request

diane_827@hotmail.com
December 8th, 2014, 05:03 PM
I would like to see a tutorial on Lemoyne Star quilt and also one on the carpenter star or wheel.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 8th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Hi Diane-- I saw you asked for this in another thread. Just wanted to say that your idea is great and may very will be worked on as a tutorial, but you might need to wait a while until it is developed and filmed. They figure out how to make the project using precuts, and if a special tool is needed, they have it manufactured. Then a number of sample quilts are made, directions and materials list developed and then the tutorial is filmed. So you see it could be in process for a while! I can see that the Carpenter's a Star or Circle could be done quicker because it is made with half square triangles. I think the Lemoyne star is also-- but does that take a special ruler? I know they worked for quite a long time to develop the technique to make the Missouri Star, so it is a process that takes some time to complete! Here's hoping one or both of your ideas can be made into tutorials! Thanks for suggesting them!

Pandabear
December 8th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Are you looking for something like this? Or am I mixing up my blocks?? It's not a complete tutorial, but it may give you an idea of what to do.

http://youtu.be/6xVvXDcjThc

mpattylou
December 9th, 2014, 01:09 AM
There is a special ruler that can be used to make the Leymoyne Star block. It costs about $30 for the ruler.

scooter15650
December 9th, 2014, 01:58 PM
There is a tutorial on the Lemoyne star on Youtube. Look under Daniella Stout's video's. She own Cozyquilts.com. It is really easy and she also has a pattern for it also. It is all done in jelly roll strips. Good luck

MomGram
December 9th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Also watch Jenny's Big Stat quilt video. You can change the size of the block by changing the size of the squares you start with.

soul60s
February 20th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Also watch Jenny's Big Stat quilt video. You can change the size of the block by changing the size of the squares you start with.
The problem with that is the Big Star that Jenny does is not the same as the Lemoyne Star. The angles of the pieces are completely different. I personally love the Lemoyne Star. I would love to see Jenny do a tutorial on this.

Kajenkids
February 26th, 2015, 11:44 AM
I would LOVE a Jenny tutorial on a wedding ring quilt!!