PDA

View Full Version : Discouraged customer

BevO
December 8th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I am very discouraged with the shipping of my order from the daily sales specials, I ordered over 8 days ago still not shipped and no reply to emails I have sent, I have sent 3 emails and no reply, my first 2 orders were shipped promptly and thought yahoo..but now I am feeling very discouraged, I have ordered the rest of my quilting needs else where, don't feel I could trust MSQ to ship in time to finish my projects.

In all likely hood I won't be a long term customer.

Thank you.....Happy Holidays!!

Granny Fran
December 8th, 2014, 11:55 AM
I, too, am waiting for one of my 12 days of Christmas orders. The problem may be with the postal system or the weather. Don't know, but they are usually very responsive. Hope it is resolved soon. I never order online for a rush project.

Claire Hallman
December 8th, 2014, 12:22 PM
I get some things very quickly some are slower but it always gets here. I find that if I order cut yardage it is slower. Hope your things come soon.

quiltsRfun
December 8th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Just imagine all the orders they're processing for these specials. Add to that holiday postal deliveries and things are bound to be slow.

Sheep Farmer
December 8th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I ordered on the 1st of December and it just says "printed."
BUT I never expected "Amazon Prime" type turnaround (especially during Holiday season).
If someone needs something in a rush to finish a project, it's always best to pick it up locally.
I'm new to quilting and love shopping here because of the wide variety of fabric and pre-cuts.

Carrie J
December 8th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Bev, don"t be discouraged, nor too quick to judge M*, this is ultimately the craziest time of year for online ordering! I know that they are doing their level best to handle all of our orders and you need to factor in the USPS's involvement as well. This time of year, quite frankly, I would not order something online that I needed to meet a deadline for. Walk a mile in their shoes first......:D

Jean Sewing Machine
December 8th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Bev, there must be a delay because of volume of orders. I ordered from fabric.com and MSQC the same day. I got the MSQC order but the FABRIC.COM ORDER HASN't come yet, for the very same reason, VOLUME of the number of orders. I'm sure your order will be here soon, but I know what you feel like when you need your fabric and don't have it! Don't give up on MSQC, with Black Friday and Cyber Monday, online ordering for all companies is just swamped this time of the year.

You might check your spam folder to see if their email explaining things might be found there. I'm sure your order will be there soon!

Kgrammiecaz
December 8th, 2014, 12:59 PM
I have three orders in three different places for black Friday and have not yet received any. I am with all the others, I do not order anything I need quickly, especially during huge sales. As said already as well, the postal system, as well as the others are swamped. It will surely arrive soon. Customer Service is the best ever with Missouri Star, so the only thing to slow them down is a mountain of sales/orders which says a lot about them. Everyone orders from here lol.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 8th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Work in progress!

1937 St. Louis, Mo main Post office! No wonder our packages came to us smashed!

BevO
December 8th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Thank you ladies....my issue is with customer service, NO replies!! and with MSQC as my order has not shipped yet...NOT a USPS issue in any way....I live 100 miles from the city and do 90% of my shopping on line, I do understand it is a busy season for all, my issue is NO communication, how long does it take to respond to an email for a status update? Maybe a posting on their web-site that they are too busy to answer emails or ship orders, think we all expect their customer service to be BETTER than the rest....Thank you.

Update.. guess i posted in the right section..appears my wheel got greased, I just received an email..Your order has shipped!! Yea!! and I hope the rest of your waiting for your orders also get shipped soon..Thank you MSQC.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 8th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Bev, have you tried calling them at the toll free number? (888)-571-1122

Don't know if that will help, but if you get to talk to someone, you might get a quicker answer.

buckeyequilter
December 8th, 2014, 01:56 PM
I had something similar happen. I had ordered some yardage and all it said was PAID and then I placed another order and received it. Then I e-mailed them and they sent the yardage out right away, I think it had just been overlooked. I have always received a reply to my e-mails, I use the contact form on the bottom of the shop page.

snippet
December 8th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Bev, I agree about the no customer service response. I would want to speak to someone too, but when you can't get an answer from them, well that just makes me even more frustrated.

Glad you got an email about the order though. Happy shopping!

Iris Girl
December 8th, 2014, 03:11 PM
I say patience and you can alsways give the toll free number a call and talk to someone. This time of year is crazy for ALL retail. If everyone had to do a mandatory year of retail/food service work after graduating high school, I think everyone would have a beeter idea what goes on *the other side of the counter* Some things just happen thats life Patience. Spoken from one who has worked retail 30 years and still does. Holidays DO NOT bring out the best in people. Just my 2 cents worth.

kensington
December 9th, 2014, 05:07 AM
Bev, I agree about the no customer service response. I would want to speak to someone too, but when you can't get an answer from them, well that just makes me even more frustrated.

Glad you got an email about the order though. Happy shopping!

They get 1000's of emails a week, and when someone (as the OP said) sends multiple, it bumps it back. They have a few really good customer service women who are trying to field all those emails one at a time. So sending multiples just jams up the works. They read them, try to call the person back, and or find the answer and fix the problem. Each one takes time... Sometimes when you feel frustrated, take a minute to think about what it would be to Walk a while in their moccasins.

Granny Fran
December 9th, 2014, 01:09 PM
I, too, am waiting for one of my 12 days of Christmas orders. The problem may be with the postal system or the weather. Don't know, but they are usually very responsive. Hope it is resolved soon. I never order online for a rush project.

Yea, my order is now on it's way !!!! Thank you M*