PDA

View Full Version : Monday!

Blondie
December 8th, 2014, 08:00 AM

Happy Monday!

Good Morning. Wake up. Shake a leg. Time's a'wasting. Rise and shine. I will stop annoying you right now. No one really likes getting woke up with loud or happy voices. Dear husband knows this and just waves coffee in my general direction. No words need to be spoken. Just the silent resignation that if I have to be up, there is a reward involved.

The weekend went far too quickly, with not enough accomplished but Sparky did get the Christmas lights on the shop. It doesn't matter that we live on a country road and that I sometimes think it is a waste of energy for him that I could put to good use on something else. The lights make him happy and he gets so much joy out of it, that how could I even entertain the thought of him helping me with anything else. I've heard the measure of a man's patience is told by the way he assembles a kid's bicycle, lights on a Christmas Tree and add to that house lights. I have a very patient and Christmas-sy man.

Mom seems to continue to respond to the meds, thank the good lord. I will carry her back tomorrow for a follow up. Thanking everyone for the prayers.

Off to find that half full coffee pot. Blessings, hugs, prayers and SMILES to each and every person.

Monique
December 8th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Good morning. Work today at two different post offices. One this morning and the other this afternoon. I may try and skip over to Renfrew and pick up a gift that Greg wants. They are calling for snow this week. And then I work all week.

I did some quilting on the other square in a square quilt for my brother in law. I need to hurray and finish that for Christmas.

Our resident Oma, who would have turned 106 next week, passed away this weekend. She certainly has lived a long life. She was Oma to everyone here in town. I used to think her name was Oma until I found out what that meant. lol.

So on that note have a wonderful day friends.

Bubby
December 8th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Morning Everyone,

I have a load of sheets washing, Jeff just left for work and the Girls are napping. I may just play all day if I can stay awake...lol! I find that the more naps I take the more naps I want to take.

Other than a little holiday baking we're all set for the holidays. My DD's Grand Opening for her esthetician business this past weekend was a total success and she's off and running. I'm so proud of her for going back to school and following her passion. I wasn't able to be there (sob) but we Skyped and I got to see her studio and all the visitors.

Blondie, so happy to hear that your Mom is responding to her meds. It seems like everyone around here has colds or bronchitis.

Wishing everyone an excellent and productive Monday.....

Ginny B
December 8th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Good morning all. Waking up to the smell of coffee brewing downstairs here in our favorite B&B. Even though I drink tea, I love waking up to that. We have had a nice time here the last couple of days. Very relaxing. We got some Christmas shopping done yesterday in Mystic and we will hit the outlets on the way home today to do some more. It was cold last night for the Light parade but we still enjoyed it.

Off work until Wednesday so today will be a travel and shopping day and tomorrow the weather is supposed to be real nasty so I will spend it in my sewing room for the most part.

Time to go downstairs for breakfast. Have a good day all

Lonna
December 8th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Good Morning All,

Off to a slow start this morning but then again it is my day off. Just about time to go and jump into the shower and get moving. I smell the pot of coffee that Steven has got going. That boy is up every morning around 4:30 putting that pot on. I may indulge in a cup this morning. I need to go this morning and pay the Attorneys office the last that they need to get DD paperwork filed for her divorce then the rest of the morning and afternoon will be spent on the Harley Davidson quilt I am doing for my brother. This evening I have to go over to a co-workers home to help her with her new embroidery machine. Not sure what help that I can be as I do not have one myself or ever touched one. But will help her figure it out to the best of my ability.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

Grandma Nan
December 8th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Good morning all

Happy to say that I will probably finish my shopping today. If the shopping angels are anywhere near me I will do it. I do enjoy retail therapy but this time of year I am just about at my limit. I am heading off to New York state for my therapy cause I love cross border shopping. The downside is that our dollar is not so good right now so things are less of a bargain but it is still fun to go.

I have decided to go to my favourite bakery and buy their tray of goodies a couple of days before Christmas. I am only making shortbread and hello dollies to give away. DH and I don't need it and if it is in the house we will eat it so hoping to protect our blood sugars by not having it around except for a couple of days. I'll let you know how that goes. LOL

I just picked up my kit for a mystery quilt (8 months) so pretty excited to get started but I have Christmas things to complete first. I have never participated in a mystery quilt before so looking forward to this adventure.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and I will shop til I drop to finish today.

Nan

songbird857
December 8th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Been laying here catching up on forum stuff!! Gotta go get some coffee and bring DD to school :-) who knows what today holds - a little cleaning, some sewing, and my beautifully talented DD's (22 & 19) final semester concert for chorus tonight! Have a fab day everyone :)

Amy R
December 8th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Morning! Weekend was super busy.
We totally rearranged and cleaned out our bedroom, it's so open and airy now it's wonderful! Lots of cleaning and hanging out with the little one.
Washing machine broke down Saturday but luckily we have a warranty on it so it will be fixed Thursday. I was more upset about my quilt with cat puke not getting clean. It's one more thing on the plate but it will be resolved. And my quilt was able to squeak through one last wash before the machine said seriously no more.
The people said over the phone it was either a problem with its computer or the lid lock mechanism. so much for technology. I'm boiling water for bathing and dishes, might as well hand wash too? Nah!

Working on mama's quilt still. I received the fabric for brother and sill's placemats from M* and it looks gorgeous. Can't wait to play with it! LOL

We started spraying a "sweet dream" spray in little one's room, it seems to have helped with her nightmares the past few nights. Hey if a shot of perfume stops a bad dream I'll do it!
Prayers and hugs for all.

pcbatiks
December 8th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Good morning friends. My to do list is longer than I want it to be. First on my list is a call to the dreaded cable company about a payment they say they didn't receive but it was taken out of our account.......not the first time the bill has been wrong and too high. Also waiting for a callback about our heating unit......it wasn't running correctly yesterday. Thankfully, it hasn't been very cold here but we need to get it fixed. Then, we need to get new flooring ordered for the kitchen, utility room & small hallway in between. The floor we put in about 7 years ago is not holding up well at all.

After that fun stuff and need to put it in high gear and get Christmas decorations put up and hopefully start on our tree. Also need to finish another wall hanging that has been sitting on my cutting table for waaaay too long. And I really, really want to work on my Grinch quilt.

If any of you forum friends wants to come clean up my house...........I promise I will make you a batch of cookies! :D

Hope everyone has a great week!

MRoy
December 8th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Good morning! I'm off to a slow start but I've got to ramp it up soon. I'm meeting my carpool rider at 11:30. Quilt guild is taking a road trip later to a local restaurant for Christmas lunch followed by a visit to the new quilt shop in the area. I hope to find some white fabric with little black prints to use for my mystery quilt blocks.

DH and I went to Walmart yesterday and he bought me a convection toaster oven for my birthday. Romantic, huh? LOL! It's just what I wanted because the old one died and I use a toaster oven for baking more than I use the big oven.

ravelim
December 8th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Morning! Weekend was super busy.
We totally rearranged and cleaned out our bedroom, it's so open and airy now it's wonderful! Lots of cleaning and hanging out with the little one.
Washing machine broke down Saturday but luckily we have a warranty on it so it will be fixed Thursday. I was more upset about my quilt with cat puke not getting clean. It's one more thing on the plate but it will be resolved. And my quilt was able to squeak through one last wash before the machine said seriously no more.
The people said over the phone it was either a problem with its computer or the lid lock mechanism. so much for technology. I'm boiling water for bathing and dishes, might as well hand wash too? Nah!

Working on mama's quilt still. I received the fabric for brother and sill's placemats from M* and it looks gorgeous. Can't wait to play with it! LOL

We started spraying a "sweet dream" spray in little one's room, it seems to have helped with her nightmares the past few nights. Hey if a shot of perfume stops a bad dream I'll do it!
Prayers and hugs for all.

For some reason I thought about your little one all weekend. Your idea of spraying the air is a stroke of genius. Good job Mom.

ravelim
December 8th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Finished DD quilt yesterday. Sandwiching the DGD quilt this am. I am almost done with Christmas gifts.

Today I'd hubs birthday. We celebrated with DD last night. He made strawberry cupcakes. We had a lot of fun.

Blondie, glad your mom is hanging in there. Amy your little one will get over that but how cute to spray away her fear. Smart mommy.

Smile hugs and prayers for all who need them. Love you.

MayinJerset
December 8th, 2014, 11:45 AM
We had a nice day yesterday. First Sunday in December is my family's annual visit to our parent's and youngest brother's grave. Sister Patti laid down a beautiful evergreen blanket and we all said prayers for them and rest of family and friends who have departed,. We remembered my DIL Debbie who passed last year as well as welcoming her new grandson born in CA. Debbie was DS#1's wife and he was with us at the cemetery this year. Next year it's my turn to make arrangements, buy the grave blanket and notify everyone of date and time.

Afterwards we went to Patti's son's house for a lunch and a talk fest with us older ones remembering many family events and childhood friends. This gathering is the beginning of our Christmas season as we all have children and grandchildren who live far and near and it's difficult for all of us to get together closer to Christmas day. I used to host a big gathering between Christmas and New Years with at times 30 or so attending but don't have the energy for it any longer.

My sister Carol and I exchanged little gifts as she has been my quilting student, a student who has surpassed her teacher to be sure. She made me a collection of quilt labels by ironing on a pattern on to muslin and then coloring in the lines with permanent pens. Beautiful labels and I have already selected one to be on the quilt I'm working on now. I gave her a big mug with quilting terms written on it and in the cup were some small quilting items, an appliqué scissors, prewound bobbins, Gutterman thread and a few other small items. New items to her to try out. Sister Patti gave me an infinity scarf and I gifted her, Carol and brother Jim with their annul fruit bread.

Snow/ice and rain predicted to begin overnight so I better get this week's food shopping done today, that way I can stay in most of the week working on a quilt, finishing Christmas tree and baking some cookies to send to DGD and family in CA with their gifts. Only baking cookies as needed for gifts because like Grandma Nan DH and I would be eating most of them ourselves. Didn't join annual Cookie Exchange this year as it takes place week before Thanksgiving and close to Christmas hardly any cookies were ever left to share with others.

Have a good day everyone, Hugs and Good Thoughts going your way, May

MayinJerset
December 8th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Myrna wrote: "DH and I went to Walmart yesterday and he bought me a convection toaster oven for my birthday. Romantic, huh? LOL! It's just what I wanted because the old one died and I use a toaster oven for baking more than I use the big oven. "

Sometimes a practical gift is necessary. This year DH is getting ourselves a DVD player. Told him I still expect some little personal gifts. Already have most of his, gift card to Applebee's, The Bully Pulpit by Doris Kearns Goodwin and if I can find it a twirly chef's whip I saw on TV last night - supposed to be available at Walgreens. He asked what I'd like/need and told him gift card to Joann's or LQs and the light scent I have been using for several years, Este Lauders White Linen. Yesterday had to cross it off my gift list as I seem to have developed an allergy to it. Short story - was wondering why my sinus cold has been coming and going past month or so. Realized my nose starts running and ears feel funny about a hour or so after I got anywhere, restaurant, people's homes, etc. I usually give myself a little spray or two after I'm dressed. Didn't do that all last week and no runny nose, etc. Tried an experiment yesterday and sure enough a short time after I got to nephew's house it began again. Only gift card to Joann's and LQS still on my list and I'll go with that.

Wwena
December 8th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Christmas lights are not to be frowned on, this darkness needs some light! Over here it's dark around 3 pm now and we're not at our darkest time of year yet.

The darkness can be put to good use though! I went swimming this morning and they had lit only some of the overhead lights, soft music playing and candles in big candelabras by the side of the swimming pool. That was wonderful. :)

Carrie J
December 8th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Good Morning All! Blondie, glad your Mom is improving and will continue to do so (prayers and hugs included :D), Amy, glad to hear your little one is responding to scent therapy, this too I hope continues!

Woke up to sunshine, 30 minutes later........grinchy cloudy stuff showed up! Oh well, at least I'll be comfy in the sewing room today. That's the best thing abut being retired, I can officially thumb my nose at the dreaded Monday syndrome! LOL! It's the small things that matter, ya know? Yesterday was lovely, did tea with the GF's, Hubs had the day with football and his recliner and leftovers for dinner, win, win. Pam, hope all is resolved with the cable company, furnace and flooring, love ya to pieces, but your on your own with housecleaning, unless there's some étouffée of some kind involved, muahahahaha! Food incentive, nothing like it ;)! Cut out 4 purse patterns, or totes rather for the girls, should be able to kick them out quickly and get them ready to deliver. Looking forward to a productive week, and looking forward to more packages in the mail! Hugs n Blessings to all, and especially those that need them! :D

ilive2craft2
December 8th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Good Morning all! Blondie, glad to hear Mom is responding to the meds - they are such worry, aren't they? But so worth the time and effort! DH had some personal time he needed to take by the end of the year, so he took today off. I decided this morning that I would do the same thing, notified work and then went back to sleep.

Had my sister's kids both Saturday and Sunday - she is sick and her hubby was working. She has a sinus infection and pink eye - which started with her son. Hoping that it doesn't spread to anyone else! She is starting to feel better today after a trip to the doc in a box yesterday.

Still sitting here sipping on a cuppa, but need to get moving since I have this unexpected day to get things accomplished. Heading out the door to get some towels to make hooded animal towels for the 2 newest members of the family for Christmas, but will probably need to make new ones for the older siblings as well as theirs are probably a little worse for wear. These are made from a large bath towel, not the ones for babies.

Hugs and prayers for all!

songbird857
December 8th, 2014, 01:32 PM
The darkness can be put to good use though! I went swimming this morning and they had lit only some of the overhead lights, soft music playing and candles in big candelabras by the side of the swimming pool. That was wonderful. :)

Um. Yes. That sounds wonderful :)

Simply Quilting
December 8th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Good Afternoon! I stayed up way too late on Saturday but the quilt for my Dad was going together so well that I didn't want to stop. So the top is finished and went off to the long arm quilter (seen her at church yesterday). Now the only thing left is small gifts which I will probably cut out the fabric today.

We have sunshine today which is wonderful to see after several days of gloomy weather.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

ceiliam
December 8th, 2014, 06:54 PM
you are all wearing me out only thing have done today is starting to iron all the scraps I have rounded up , took some of the junky ones to sewing teacher at college, the kids use them for their reference on how to do something ... good use for stuff you wont put in quilts also do this with some of the batting for stuffing projects with for them . wrapped up empty boxes for same teacher for decorations. got laundry started and am going to lay down back is acting up hope you all have a wonderful monday

Iris Girl
December 8th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Howdy all! Too busy of a day. Got hubby off to work, got myself showered and ready for work. Sandwiched sons quilt before work. Then headed to work where my car rebelled half way and started to over heat (its been having some issues but we expect that it is 15 years old) Called hubby , called the kids and called work telling them I wouldn't be in. Dumped some anti freeze in it and was gonna head home when a mechanic from a garage 1/2 mile away stopped to see if I needed help. He offered to check it out at no cost to me so I let him. His result looks like a blown head gasket. So we dropped it off at our mechanic and picked my sons car up . Tomorrow we will find out that result. came home and finished pin basting sons quilt. I'm beat. Discussed with hubby car options not many new car is out of the question till his is paid of in sept.

Amy R
December 8th, 2014, 07:32 PM
April, that is a super bummer :( I hope it's nothing too serious and costly to fix ><