PDA

View Full Version : well pooh!!

bubba
December 8th, 2014, 01:39 AM
My mom turned 88 on 12/1 and when we went to deliver her poinsettia plant, she seemed confused to me, but I chalked it up to her age. I was a little concerned when she did not recognize our oldest daughters name when I mentioned her in conversation.

Well, Friday she became quite ill and ended up in the ER. They sent her home after figuring out she has a UTI and giving her iv antibiotics and sending her home w/prescriptions. I talked to her yesterday and she sounded wiped out and tired and was spending the day resting.

Let me now mention that MM and I live five minutes from my mom. The next closest is about ten and two more are about 30 while the one I don't speak to is at least 45 minutes away. I told her again on her birthday that if she needs something to be sure to call us as we can be there quickly. Well, she did not call us today, but called one who lives 30 minutes away when she found she was passing blood. That was at about 1600. This sister told me she was too busy to call before 2000 (when visiting hours ended!) to let me know she had been admitted for at least three days. Seems the blood thinners she is on worked badly with the antibiotics and are causing all the bleeding so they have to take her off the blood thinners and get this all taken care of.

I am just so irritated at this sister (not the first time, and quite frankly I don't speak to her either unless I have to!) for not calling sooner. She was full of all sorts of excuses and I just wanted to reach thru the phone and smack her. So, now I will be going to the hospital in the morning to check on her myself with MM.

Please keep her in your thoughts for me....thanks.

Quiltfreestyle
December 8th, 2014, 02:39 AM
I'll be thinking & praying for you & your Mom.
Hope all is better on the morning.

Kgrammiecaz
December 8th, 2014, 03:04 AM
So sorry to hear. Will add prayers for her as well. I totally get the sister issue. We have one who thinks she should be the only one that knows anything. You might want something on her information with her doctor to be sure you are called as you are the closest to care for her.

And bless her for being 88 years with this world. That is a good thing.

bubba
December 8th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Believe it or not, she has a twin brother still living. Also an older sister that is 92, that was also a twin, but her twin died about 12 years ago.

Thank you.

mommamarsh
December 8th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Good thoughts and prayers for you all . Hope your Mom is home again very soon.

stationarymom
December 8th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Pat sorry to hear of your mother's problem,I think if you realized she is getting confused(maybe due to infection) you will need to be sure to check on her. It is hard to see our parents get old and needy,I know my own father would never call me because he doesn't want to bother me so I always call him if he is under the weather.I will keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers. I have a sister that sounds similar to yours,she would never think out side of herself and think to call us all and let us know she is aware of a problem.I have another one that calls every time (he passes gas I swear) to tell me I have to get him to do something to make him do what she thinks he needs to do. Good Luck with your mom and family.

Gina
December 8th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Sorry to hear of your mom. I will keep her and you in my prayers!

Monique
December 8th, 2014, 08:36 AM
I hope all goes well with your mother. Prayers being said.

Blondie
December 8th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Pat, I am so sorry to read this. Blood thinners and certain anti-b's really do not play well we have learned as well. There is no rhyme or reason when it comes to siblings. Which is why I am so proactive with my own Mom.
Prayers and hugs.

songbird857
December 8th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Pat, prayers and hugs for you, MM, and your mom....

Eriepatch
December 8th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Getting old isn't for sissies and neither is being a caretaker!
Good thoughts going out for you and your mom.

MayinJerset
December 8th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Hope Mom is doing better when you see her.

SuzyQue
December 8th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Prayers for better health for your mom. I have a sister like this, so I understand your frustration. Trust me....I get this!

Carrie J
December 8th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Pat, so sorry to hear this.......elderly folks are so fragile when it comes to their health. Heart goes out to you and your Mom, prayers headed y'all's way.

Simply Quilting
December 8th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Praying for her and you.

rebeccas-sewing
December 8th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Sad when you can't count on your siblings. I understand you are not alone. Quite a few folks on here have trouble getting along with brothers and sisters. Hope your mom is doing better soon.

quiltingtrish
December 8th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Prayers coming for your mom - and you and MM. Siblings - geesh - sometimes they drive us crazy!
I hope your mom is already on her way to feeling better.
Hugs,

Miss Sheri
December 8th, 2014, 06:03 PM
What a frustrating day for you. I'm glad your mom still has you near by. Praying for blessings on you and MM as you work with her and the Dr.s, as well as for you mom.

Over40momma
December 9th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Keeping prayers going for your Mom hun.
As to the sister........want me to come there and hold her down for you? :icon_evil:

bubba
December 9th, 2014, 01:37 PM
As to the sister........want me to come there and hold her down for you? :icon_evil:

She isn't worth the trouble. Found out yesterday she told me a couple big fat lies....I am done w/her!

Over40momma
December 9th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Oh Pat, I am so sorry. I know it can be so hard to deal with some family members......which is why we get to choose our friends! :icon_hug: