PDA

View Full Version : Getting Sawyer's First Christmas Tree

HandsomeRyan
December 7th, 2014, 04:23 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0262_zpskkrkvvlh.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0262_zpskkrkvvlh.jpg.html)

Tabatha, Wiggles (aka: Sawyer) and I went out this morning and cut his first Christmas tree (and her first ever live tree).

It was cold enough to be uncomfortable but warm enough to be a muddy mess on the farm. We had fun in spite of that though. We picked a modest sized Douglas fir and I got to work sawing it down.

The first ornament that went on it was actually from the M* Ornament Swap. We're still working on decorating it but I'm pretty happy with how it looks in the house. Hopefully we remember to keep it watered and it doesn't dry out to early.

I hope everyone is having a nice holiday season regardless of what or how you celebrate!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 7th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Wonderful tradition you've started! And look at that blue sky! Haven't seen that around here in quite a while!

Sandy Navas
December 7th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Not only that, Jean, but did you notice he managed to get a wee bit of the earth upon that left knee? Teaching Sawyer how to get dirty at a young age. It doesn't get much better than that!

What a wonderful way to start his first Christmas memories.

Genny
December 8th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Great pic...great tradition...hes going to love seeing the tree all decorated.

CountryHut
December 8th, 2014, 02:20 AM
-- dirt is a good thing -- it makes you grow :)

can't believe it's Sawyers 1st Christmas already . . . how times flies . .

MayinJerset
December 8th, 2014, 03:02 AM
Good way the start our family's Christmas traditions by cutting down your Christmas tree, Sawyer is going to love it with the lights and ornaments,

mommamarsh
December 8th, 2014, 03:48 AM
How wonderful !

Blondie
December 8th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Way to go, Daddy Boy! Love the pic, your precious family and the devotion you have to them. Big hugs and kisses for Wiggles. Never forget to let DW know what a good job she is doing. We already know that you are.
Blessings to you Ryan

Simply Quilting
December 8th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Great way to make some family memories and start a great tradition.

Over40momma
December 9th, 2014, 01:28 PM
These are the moments that mean so much as you grow up. Wiggles is a going to have so many treasured memories....so are his mom and dad.

lauratreky@comcast.net
December 9th, 2014, 01:33 PM
What a great start to the many years of joy you will have with your little Wiggles! May the blessings of the holidays embrace you and your family!!