PDA

View Full Version : Luli has arrived finally!

Divine Daisy
December 7th, 2014, 02:50 PM
What a great (if tiring) day. Finally, our Border Collie Luli has arrived to be with us. It has been a very long and frustrating time jumping all the hurdles to be accepted as her new family but at last its done and she is here.

Seamus is somewhat disgruntled. More to do with waking up and finding a huge dog in his sitting room than anything else. He is officially offended. He will come round in a day or two.....he really loves dogs.

She is utterly divine and has been a delight all day. She is a bit nervous but has eaten and been for a walk so I am hoping she is good for the night apart from a quick wee later. I am veryyyyy tired!

I made one mistake...........it seems she is afraid of the clicker!. I was showing her where her bed was and clicked and gave her a treat when she got in it............or at least I would have given her a treat if she hadn't bolted and hidden at the sound of the clicker! Sooooooooooo.....no clicker then. Also she is really not keen on the camera so I won't attempt to take one for a couple of days. Sorry guys........just take it from me she is beautiful.

Will keep you up dated hopefully with a photo soon.

stitching woman
December 7th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Great news. Hope everyone settles in very quickly.

buckeyequilter
December 7th, 2014, 03:18 PM
So happy for you. I can't wait to see her!!
Border collies are wonderful dogs.

ilive2craft2
December 7th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Congratulations on the new fur baby! Can't wait to see pix - maybe you can sneak one without flash while she is napping? :)

Bubby
December 7th, 2014, 03:30 PM
There is nothing like having new life in the house. I hope you will all fall in love with each other!

Sandy Navas
December 7th, 2014, 03:31 PM
WELCOME to the forum, Luli!!! We all know that Seamus is inwardly a wonderful fellow, so don't be deceived by his current standoffishness - but beware if he asks you to go pup hopping with him.

Get some rest, Alison - and Luli will show you how she wants things done real soon.

Hugs to the whole family!!

Suzette
December 7th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see some pics of your lovely new girl. :icon_happy:

lmanna
December 7th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Congrats !!! Look at your local pet store for less noisy clickers. They make them. Clicker training is the best!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 7th, 2014, 03:40 PM
How wonderful to have a new member of the family! Can't wait to see pictures!

Live to Quilt
December 7th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Congrats on the new fur baby. Hope to see a pic of both of them.

Slokarma
December 7th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Congrats and I can't wait to see those pictures!

songbird857
December 7th, 2014, 05:26 PM
If you have a camera on your phone, you can shut the 'shutter click' sound off so that it makes no noise when you take a pic! Can't wait to see your new baby...

Vonnie
December 7th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Congratulations!

irishrn
December 7th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Congratulations on your new fur baby!!
Bringing them home is so special, and a time of adjustment.
I just got a little guy today too!
We will see how things go overnight!!
Good luck!

Midge
December 7th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Wonderful you found the right dog. Luli sounds delightful.

Carrie J
December 7th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Congratulations on your new four footed kid! Border collies are really cool pups, and it shouldn't take her long to settle. Seamus will too for that matter, but he must show the indignity of it all, LOL! Can't wait to see pictures of your new gal!

sassygranny
December 7th, 2014, 09:50 PM
How great for you all! Adding a furry family member is sometimes a challenge....but always so totally worth it!

Monique
December 7th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Congratulations. Can't wait to see what she looks like.

easyquilts
December 8th, 2014, 01:26 AM
I'm so happy for you.... Poor Seamus..... He'll come around.... Can 'to wait to see Luli...

Simply Quilting
December 8th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Congrats!!! I can't wait to see what she looks like. Our border collie/lab didn't care for the clicker at first but once she realized that it was associated with a treat, she came around. It is always kind of interesting to see what animals find intimidating.

rebeccas-sewing
December 9th, 2014, 02:59 AM
Congrats, Alison! Can't wait to see a picture.

GuitarGramma
December 9th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Oh, Daisy, how wonderful! I take care of my neighbor's border collie when she's at work. They are terrific dogs and very intelligent.

Iris Girl
December 9th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Grats! Can't wait to see oics of her she sounds sweet. Seamus with come around.

Blondie
December 9th, 2014, 09:12 AM
What terrific news. Never met a Border Collie that I didn't adore.
Remind Seamus that Luli is a d-o-g and his family order is not endangered.
Blessings to you and Mr. Daisy.

Over40momma
December 9th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Awww, congrats on your new Furbaby!!!