PDA

View Full Version : And a Christmas tradition gone scary!

Wwena
December 7th, 2014, 01:24 PM
My sister just now posted the gingerbreda house she made with her husband. Are they artists or what! They make a different one each year. I'm guessing their 7-yr-old also had a say in the decorations...! :D

I think they bought the dough, but other than that they made it themselves.

light-of-midi
December 7th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Wow, that looks really great!
I only made one gingerbread house in my life, when my 2 sons where little boys. So much work! ... and they "killed" it in 10 seconds! ;-)

Andrea F
December 7th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Oh my gosh, Anna, I love that! That's really cool!!! Are those 'faces' skulls? My niece would go crazy if she could see that.

Sandy Navas
December 7th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Love making Gingerbread houses - this castle is very special. Somewhere I saw a contest of houses and you wouldn't believe some of the creations! This is beautiful.

Wwena
December 7th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Oh my gosh, Anna, I love that! That's really cool!!! Are those 'faces' skulls? My niece would go crazy if she could see that.

They sure are! And there's a "giant" spider climbing the tower!

Love making Gingerbread houses - this castle is very special. Somewhere I saw a contest of houses and you wouldn't believe some of the creations! This is beautiful.

I know, some are really amazing! We used to go see a contest at a chef's school and those entries would always blow us away. :)

Jean Sewing Machine
December 7th, 2014, 04:24 PM
That is truly a work of cake art!

Live to Quilt
December 7th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Just beautiful, would hate to mess ig up to eat or do they even eat them?

Vonnie
December 7th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Yes - they are artists! Such a fun project!

Wwena
December 7th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Just beautiful, would hate to mess ig up to eat or do they even eat them?

Oh definatly! Usually a few days after new year's, but we're really supposed to wait until the "julgransplundring" ie Christmas tree plundring on (or about) "tjugondag Knut" on Jan 13th. I've not been to one of those parties since I was a kid though, I think they are a disappearing tradition. Alice's birthday is on Jan 2, so that's when we usually eat ours. :)