PDA

View Full Version : They say bad things comes in threes.....I hope it's over now

Carlie Wolf
December 7th, 2014, 12:26 PM
The past three weeks have been quite trying. Kind of alternating between good news/bad news.

1. About three weeks ago I finally made the decision to quit my part time job. It was a little year contract and grant with a senior citizens program, simple office work in a small office ...or should have been.(not at the seniors office, one locally) One of the woman got so nasty and disrespectful it got past the point of me being able to ignore it. I woke up one morning and couldn't understand why my legs didn't seem to want to hold me up, it really scared me and I realized it was that my legs were shaking at having to get to work and put up with the craziness. No matter how I tried to adjust, nothing had worked, the woman was just a bully and getting worse by the day. Just not worth it. Good news is it was the right decision and I get to spend more time on quilting projects and I feel a thousand times more relaxed.

2. Got the call that my side of beef was ready at the butcher. I plugged in my brand new 7.0 freezer chest the night before it was coming. Woke up in the morning and it didn't work!!!! Have you ever tried to get a store to replace a product immediately? I had to call the GE company, also call the store I purchased it from to see if they had a replacement and could also deliver it to me by 3PM? I was patient....I perservered. Thank god mission accomplished but it was so frustrating amid the other things that were going "wrong". I did make myself a wonderful dinner that night and the meat is absolutely delicious. My tummy is very happy and Miss Carlie loves her new dog bones.

3. Over the last month I've been in conversations with the mid-arm people. After doing various tests with the encoders we finally determined that one of the encoders was not working. They sent me a replacement last week which I haven't gotten the chance to install yet with all the other negative things that were going on. While we were testing the encoders so I could start using the stitch regulator and going back and forth with that the timing went out and I was no longer able to to use the manual setting either. The Grace Company has been very willing to assist me in fixing that in various ways. They actually did do a video on fixing the timing on the machines, did a nice little video on installing encoders on the machines etc. John the technician is a very nice guy and is more than willing to walk me through the timing issue. I've had to take a deep breathe because I'm finding myself getting frustrated with so much seeming to go "wrong" all at once. After spending a few days at home without the work frustrations I decided to get on the phone to see if I had a sewing technician that is closer to my area then the one I had originally found which was 1 1/2 hrs away. It turns out that there is a shop only a half hr away and the owner who deals with another brand of sewing machines very kindly gave me the name of the tech she has been using for years and I phoned him. Turns out that he has worked on other long arms over the years and he is confident that if I need future repairs he will be able to work with the machine. We set up that he is coming to my house and we will line up with the Grace technician via phone from my house and I'll have the machine timing up and running on Tuesday. As much as I do think I could do this, although it's a learning curve, I just feel so much better and comfortable that at least two people who know what they are talking about, what to expect, will be talking this out and getting it resolved. You know, sometimes when a lot of different things go wrong all of a sudden you temporarily start to lose your self confidence? I think I'm at that point at the moment, hopefully not for long.

I only have one more frustrating thing to get out of the way and that is to get my WV drivers license. So today I'm going to reread the drivers manual and hoping take the written test tomorrow and also the drivers test....and pass. You can imagine that having to get your drivers tests done all over again at 67 is not as exciting as when I was 17. After having moved back to the States from Canada three years ago I was able to still use my Canadian drivers license until that expires but needed to totally redo the tests to get a WV drivers license. My Canadian license expires Christmas day so I've procrastinated that as long as I could. I hope I don't have to take these tests more than once so please say a prayer for me! (Otherwise I'll probably be at the DMV every other day until I do pass).

Soooooo, I could use some good vibs coming my way if you can send them :icon_doh:

BobW
December 7th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Sounds like a month and some rolled into one. I hope you have more restful and relaxing times ahead.

Good luck on your drivers test.

Carrie J
December 7th, 2014, 12:39 PM
It's true what they say, "things happen in threes", but on the bright side, you've resolved two of the issues, and working on the third. Deep breath! Stress always seems to be worse this time of year due to the hustle-n-bustle of the Season, soon all of these will be a distant memory! AND, you've already created "good vibes" by solving one issue to play in fabric!!! Hence the silver lining, they do exist!:D

MRoy
December 7th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Bless your heart! It does seem that trouble often comes in 3s, but you're on your way to getting all 3 resolved nicely. Perseverance pays off! Good luck on your driver's test. I make sure I don't let mine lapse because I don't want to take that test again at my age!

mommadeb
December 7th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Goodness! Shakin good vibes your way.

bscuzz
December 7th, 2014, 01:06 PM
When we're dealing with 'problems' it seems we're all alone, but thank Heavens there's a World full of people out here with other problems that make your problem not quite so bad - and having this Forum to 'talk it out' and have others to help you through is just like medicine for the sick! So good luck with your MAQ machine, it'll work out, and your driver's test, that'll work out, too. Relax a bit and enjoy the Holidays!! "B" :icon_kiss:

Granny Fran
December 7th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Sending good vibrations your way from SW Ohio. When we returned from Europe to Ohio (1978) the DMV here would not honor my international DL...so frustrating, it's harder to get than the OH one, but I know what you mean about getting it done. Had to even get a learner's permit first (after 20 years of driving), Well if I could do it, I know you can.

About the job...you did the best thing in the world. Sometimes if we don't listen to the little voice in our heads, our bodies will remind us to listen. LOL

Have a wonderful week and enjoy the long arm when all is back in order.

Carlie Wolf
December 7th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Thank you Bob, Carrie, Myra, , mommadeb,bscuzz. I thought maybe it was time to "get it outside of me". I've always tended to hold things in, Ms Stoic, you know. Over the years I've learned that even bad things lead us toward roads where we're meant to be. Sometimes it's just so darn hard to remember that while it's going on. I'm still feeling positive but sometimes you just get so darn tired of "stuff".

Yes I can't wait to get the mid arm going I'm still very excited about that. I've been working on piecing a new quilt as a way to "relax" between issues and so far it's looking good and I'm pretty pleased with it. This is my first real quilt and it's going to be just for "moi". :-) Usually I wind up giving things away so I figure it's time LOL

Mpyles
December 7th, 2014, 01:21 PM
About the job....you really should let someone know what a bully she was! Unacceptable in the work place!

Carlie Wolf
December 7th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Thank you Granny Fran. I hope I don't have to get a learners permit too. Yikes! They did tell me back when I first went to check out what to do that if I don't pass then they can't take the Canadian one away from me until it expires so I could still drive. I had been afraid that if I took the test on the spot and flunked that I'd have no way of getting home. At the time I knew NO ONE here!

I did think to myself wow the mind is an amazing thing. Subconsciously it was not going to allow me to continue walking into an abusive situation.

Mary, when I talked to the Senior Center that the grant was with they said that this happens sometimes when they send the seniors out and they didn't want me to continue there. I did wind up giving two weeks notice because I thought that was the "right" thing to do but they let me know that I did not have to complete it. They are not planning on sending another senior there from the program in the future. I think that is important and I'm happy to hear that.

Thank you for your good vibs :-)

vchale
December 7th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Good luck with your test and happy quilting!

Carlie Wolf
December 7th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Thank you Vernona :-)

Claire Hallman
December 7th, 2014, 02:25 PM
It looks like things are headed up for you, good luck with the driver's test. You can do it.

Carlie Wolf
December 7th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Thank you Claire. I did take the time today to look over the driver book again today. I'm thinking, as much as I'd like to get this over with I might do well to shoot for Weds or Thurs to head down to the DMV. This may take a few more days of confidence building LOL We take so many things for granted after a while.

Vonnie
December 7th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Good luck on your driving test. I remember my Dad borrowing my new car to take his road test in. He wanted to make sure it passed inspection - one less thing for him to worry about. A word of advice, pick a quiet time of day like mid morning when the roads are not busy. I felt so bad for my youngest, he wound up taking his test at the DMV that was downtown - all those one way streets.

Good luck with the mid-arm - hope everything is running smoothly after next week.

Navy Wife
December 7th, 2014, 07:59 PM
`I went through the driver's license bit twice in one year. I had a GA license when we went to London. I used my parents address, but they moved to FL while we were overseas! So I had to get a license within 15 days of arriving back in the states. I managed that with a little help from a FL patrolman. The universal signs were just coming in to being here, but had been used in Europe for quite some time. Fortunately, 6 months later when I got my TN license I had no problems. Driving tests were not required if you had a valid license. I can't believe that was in 1969, more than 45 years ago.

Carlie Wolf
December 8th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Vonnie it's a good idea to try to get there during a quiet time of day. I have heard not to go the first week of a month. I'm thinking of trying to get there around 10AM although I could probably go around 9 since I have to take the written test first. I'm shooting for Wed or Thurs this week now.

Navy Wife I didn't think about what a pain in the butt it must be for military people going overseas. I think if you are in the military then they should be gracious enough to give you guys an exclusion.

mommamarsh
December 8th, 2014, 04:00 AM
Keeping good thoughts and fingers crossed on the drivers test . You can do it !

Monique
December 8th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Take a deep breath. Things will get better and I hope your machine gets fixed to your satisfaction.

MayinJerset
December 8th, 2014, 10:44 AM
You may have had some trying times but you seem to have found solutions to most of your problems. Glad they aren't sending any more seniors to the place you were working out, who needs to be abused while trying to help out. Next problem, take the MV exam and drive away happy with your WV license .