PDA

View Full Version : Magic Christmas in Alsace - France

light-of-midi
December 7th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Yesterday we visited the Christmas market in Colmar (Alsace, France). That was soooo beautiful! The old city of Colmar looks like a fairy tale! I want to share my photos with you ... hope you'll like it.

Queen-of-Hearts: Zauber der Weihnachtszeit im Elsass - Impressionen aus Colmar (http://creativity-forever.blogspot.de/2014/12/zauber-der-weihnachtszeit-im-elsass.html)

Ginny B
December 7th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing

grannyann
December 7th, 2014, 09:00 AM
What a beautiful place to be able to visit. Thank you for sharing your photos with us.

Bubby
December 7th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Fantastic pictures...thank you so much for sharing!

Sylvia H
December 7th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Thank you for sharing! I would love to be there. We have a town called Colmar in Pennsylvania. Now I know where the name came from.

Juliet Taylor
December 7th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Ohhhh Christmas in a city as I would love to and I've always imagined!
Thanks for sharing! It's gorgeous!

MayinJerset
December 7th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Just like a beautiful fairy tale village sparkling for Christmas. Thanks for sharing your photos.

nell
December 7th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. Would love to visit one of the Christmas markets someday.

Eriepatch
December 7th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Just Lovely!

Sandy Navas
December 7th, 2014, 10:56 AM
What a very special way to celebrate! Thanks for sharing.

quiltingtrish
December 7th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I would love to come back to France and Germany someday. I spent 2 years in Germany - wish I knew then what I know now. I do remember going to a ChristKindle Market in Mainz. Wish I could go back.

Hugs,

oldsewer
December 7th, 2014, 11:38 AM
fantastic, thanks for sharing with us.

Granny Fran
December 7th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Each photo was better than the last. It looks so magical. Thank you for sharing.

Andrea F
December 7th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Oh wie schön, da kommt ja richtig Weihnachtsstimmung auf :)

Beautiful, I haven't even made it to the christmas market in my home town. I'm lacking christmas mood but seeing your wonderful pictures triggers a few christmassy feelings.

Live to Quilt
December 7th, 2014, 04:35 PM
That was a photo journey, then some. Thank you for sharing, makes me dream of going their. Thanks

knitandtink
December 7th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Thanks. I just learned today that Alsace (and more in Strassburg) is where the idea of the Christmas tree started -- though it was very different than todays trees and glitter.

sassygranny
December 7th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us.

buckeyequilter
December 7th, 2014, 10:02 PM
It's beautiful!!!

bkthomas
December 7th, 2014, 10:11 PM
So beautiful!!! Thank You!

mommamarsh
December 8th, 2014, 04:08 AM
So beautiful ,like a storybook ! Thank you for sharing with us .

Over40momma
December 9th, 2014, 01:49 PM
I thought the same thing May did......a fairyland!!! Beautiful and so very glad you shared it with us.

csarina
December 9th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I went to Colmar many years ago. It was February and there was snow on the ground, it was a magical place then. I would love to go back, but there is not really much chance of that happening.

We travelled through the Vosges mountains from Strasbourg via a little wine making village of Riquewihr where we had tasted some delicious wines. Many of the Alsace towns and villages are so pretty with their black and white half timbered buildings.