PDA

View Full Version : Don't Hate Me : )

brook
December 7th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Sorry if you don't want to hear this, but I finished ALL of my Christmas shopping today! Such a relief!
As I was standing in line to pay for the gifts, I was sharing this news with the lady behind me. She look directly at me and said, "We hate people like you." She was smiling and so was I.

On another note, I came home and my cat had gotten into one of the gift bags. She was able to hunt down and find the one that had a stuffed animal inside. I thought that was pretty good that she could find it. Not thrilled with the torn tissue all over the floor, but it would have been funny to watch. : )

Gina
December 7th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Ha! Your awesome! I say every year I will be done by Thanksgiving! The only thing I have bought is fabric to make a few quilts...I better get to shopping!!

Eriepatch
December 7th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I can't seem to put away my sewing things long enough to shop. Bah Humbug!

Terri
December 7th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Good for you! When my kids were little, I had everything on lay away by September, so technically I was done. :) Now the older I get, the longer I put things off. This year I don't have one speck of Christmas spirit in me. If it weren't for my grandson, I wouldn't even put up a Christmas tree. Seems like the last few years, it has been an every other year thing for me. One year I am all gung ho about Christmas all things Christmas and the other years (like this one) I could care less. :( I guess it may be because I am getting older and time is just flying by....one year is just melting into the next. I am NOT a "bah humbug" kind of person, but when places like Hobby Lobby have Christmas decorations up in June or July it really puts a damper on the old Christmas spirit! I remember when the holidays actually were celebrated in order!!! And I am not a hundred years old either, I'm only 53!

songbird857
December 7th, 2014, 10:53 AM
No hate here, just admiration ;)

Sandy Navas
December 7th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Must be a catnip stuffed toy for your furry friend to go nuts over it! Wouldn't you have loved to see that one up close and personal?

Snip Snip
December 7th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Terri, I think I know how you feel. I miss that elusive "magic" that this time of year is supposed to have: that magic that everyone on TV seems to have 24/7.
The truth is, the rate of depression and discontent goes up around the holidays. I always get depressed, and this year will be worse, with my mom having passed this year.
It helps to keep busy and find something to do for other people. I have a feeling that anyone we know in a nursing home would just appreciate a visit, and kids would appreciate time spent with them doing something on their level.

Monique
December 7th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Good for you.

ilive2craft2
December 7th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I am happy for you! Wish I was that on top of it! I started early in the year making quilts for my son and siblings and I have all of the tops done, but only the son's t-shirt quilt is actually quilted, but still not bound. It is the 7th already!!

Will probably give everyone the quilt top and then take them back for quilting - take some stress out of the holiday. :)

cyndiofthevortex
December 7th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Good for you! Now you can relax and enjoy the rest of the holiday season. I'm baking cookies and making fudge to give as gifts this year, so I don't want to start too early. It will be a lot of work right before Christmas but I love doing it and have some helpers here to make things go smoothly.

Bubby
December 7th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Where's the hidden camera when you need it! I know Dottie & Olive party when we're gone. Congrats on having all your shopping done!! Mine is done, too.

Carrie J
December 7th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Hate you? LOL, nope I say Congratulations! I can just visualize the "cat burglary", LOL!

Divine Daisy
December 7th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Ok.....if I tell you I have been done for a month will I have to run and hide?

Whispers........I HAVE been done for a month. Not wrapped a thing though!

Andrea F
December 7th, 2014, 03:33 PM
I'm jealous...

mommamarsh
December 8th, 2014, 04:15 AM
Good for you ! I have to leave bows off until the package is in the truck. Cinco thinks they are His special toys ! And he is so much help with the wrapping !

mpattylou
December 8th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Put up the Christmas tree today and waited until 4 yr old grandson was here to put up the 2nd (little)tree with his help. His lil sis (19 mos) was a little help...ha!

Simply Quilting
December 8th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Good for you :) Now you can just relax and enjoy. I'm not done but know exactly what I have to pick up.

Altairss
December 8th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Glad I am not the only early bird my family always snarls at me. This year I did drag it out some and I tend to pick up little extras here and there. Everything else though is wrapped and under the tree and all stocking stuffers are wrapped and waiting till Christmas eve to go in the stockings lol

Sharyn J
December 8th, 2014, 10:30 PM
I'm not finished yet, just a few items left. I am very thankful for computers and online shopping since I never put on a pair of shoes or a bra while shopping! :D