PDA

View Full Version : Thank You All!

ligerwolfe
December 6th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to all those who helped me with my class project this semester. The term is finally over and I've finished my essay. It came out to be about twenty pages. And, though I haven't received my grade yet I know that it is in no small part to all of you for the A that I think I'm about to get.

For those of you who are interested, I've included the link to my final paper. It's a PDF file on Google Docs and all of you are welcome to view, read, and comment if you like.

Again, thank you to all those who participated. Your help had not been under valued!

Virtual Quilting Bees (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pK0I7tWaMlazR2enJLTlo0Skk/view?usp=sharing) by Eleanor Runyan

Amy R
December 6th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Nice job! Let us know what your grade is!

Kgrammiecaz
December 6th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Great paper, written well. Would love to hear the grade too. Good luck!

irishrn
December 6th, 2014, 08:30 PM
I really enjoyed your paper! It does describe the community of members here!
I'd give you an A+++
Hope you have a fun semester break!!

Sandy Navas
December 6th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Question: Page 2, second line . . . "quilting business that people from all

over the United States flock to. Seven years and more than two hundred followers later,"

Please tell me you corrected the number . . . PLEASE?

Jean Sewing Machine
December 6th, 2014, 10:48 PM
This turned out great! Here's hoping for that A for a well researched and well written paper.

JCY
December 7th, 2014, 01:01 AM
I, too, thought that number should have been much higher. Do we know the actual no. of participants on the Forum? An interesting article. Hope you get a good grade.

Live to Quilt
December 7th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Really enjoyed your paper except the number totals. Hope grade is the highest possible.

ligerwolfe
December 7th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Thanks for catching that typo. I can't believe I missed it. I was able to fix it before my professor read the paper, though. Phew!

Grandma Nan
December 7th, 2014, 10:00 PM
I found your paper a very interesting read. You were able to incorporate a good story telling technique while still presenting an academically researched and referenced project. Someone not associated with quilting could get a good picture of the forum group.

I always laugh when i start talking about quilts my kids say oh mom you are quilt drunk again. They all laugh and say we (quilters) are like a cult or a coven about our quilting. I just let them go and say, it could be worse.

Monique
December 7th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Very well written and I would give you an A++++++.

My husband calls it a cult too.

Miss Sheri
December 8th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Very nice, and thanks for letting us participate, it was fun, and reading your paper was a treat.

easyquilts
December 8th, 2014, 01:10 AM
I'm looking forward to reading your essay.....and will. As soon as I can see properly again... The doctor says about two weeks.

Don't forget to let us know what your grade is, and what your prof thinks if your work...

Over40momma
December 9th, 2014, 02:22 PM
I think you approached your subject and the conclusions in a very concise and logical fashion. Your research and your background information was used to coroborate your statements as well as providing insight into your own reasons for quilting. (By the way, I loved the Berenstein bears too.....I read them all to my kids when they were babies)
You approached stereo types with humor as well as insight into how many still "judge a book by its cover". Then to show how easy it is to rip that cover off and see the true hearts that lie beneath. But I was very fascinated in how you interpreted the community as a whole as well as the individuality that comprise it.

This is very well written and if you don't get at least an A+, we will sic Jenny on your teacher. ;):lol:

mommadeb
December 9th, 2014, 03:38 PM
That was a very good read. I really enjoyed it. Please let us know your final grade.

Simply Quilting
December 9th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Very nice. I'm looking forward to hearing what your final grade was.