PDA

View Full Version : Saturday is a good day...

MayinJerset
December 6th, 2014, 09:29 AM
to put up our Christmas tree and get the house in a festive mood. Less decorating each year but still wouldn't be Christmas without a tree and a few old favorite decorations around like Old Santa and his sack, Naivety, Christmas wall hanging, tablecloths and placemats. Not to forget some holiday dishes too.

Cathy F
December 6th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Morning all,
Sitting here enjoying the quiet before the start of my day.
Last night my granddaughter came over and washed all the baseboards for me. She is an angel and always is willing to help. She stayed for dinner with us, ordered Chinese food and just had a really enjoyable time with her. Once they get driving and older we don't see quite as much of them.
Today I hope we'll get the other tree up in the sunroom and finish up the decorating. My daughter and son in law are due to come out some time this weekend so hoping I get it done before they arrive.
Took advantage of a DD yesterday and ordered a few more things to go with it. Wanted to get a bit more of a certain fabric line while it's still available.
Well, my coffee is calling to me, don't know what the day has in store for me yet but I wish you all a good one!

Monique
December 6th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Good morning. A grey looking morning here. We might get freezing rain, I hope not.

Tonight is hubby's Christmas party. I am hoping to get my tree up today or tomorrow.

Other than that, not much going on.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Sandy Navas
December 6th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Yes, yes, yes - a very grey and gloomy day here, too. I'll have to see if I can add a bit of personal sunshine (oh, how I wish).

Li'l Sis and I are headed to a somewhat LQS this morning for an Open House, party-time and good deals. Not that I need a single thing other than patience and I don't think they sell that there (not that I've seen packaged anyway). I need to learn it, adapt the feeling, and ride the waves. (Can you tell I was having major issues with a project yesterday . . . slow down, I move too fast . . . I should play Simon and Garfunkel when I sew).

Other than that, nothing in the way of excitement happening.

. . . when there are no words, just remember that the silence is carrying thoughts and prayers from all who love you.

Carrie J
December 6th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Good Morning, sunshine actually woke me up this morning, what a novel feeling!!! AND no wind, double bonus! Waiting for coffee, then peruse the Forum a bit. Nothing on the schedule other than perhaps family phone calls today, and a wee visit to a GF's on Sunday Will deliver two kids quilts to BFF for Christmas gifts she needed. Other than that, I'm playing in the fabric. What few decorations I felt like putting up were done the Friday after Thanksgiving, I really need to do a yard sale next Spring as I've downsized a great deal in that department. Going to enjoy the day and the sunshine, plug in some CD's I ripped yesterday while cutting and sewing. Love starting new projects, issue is, waiting for it to be done and fresh out of the dryer. Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially those that need them! :D

buckeyequilter
December 6th, 2014, 11:37 AM
http://www.imagesbuddy.com/images/102/2013/08/rock-n-roll-heaven-have-a-great-weekend-glitter.gif

Good morning....

It's a rainy day here so a nice day for turtles. So I'm going to put the music on make turtles...made a practice block, it's going to be cute. I think this one will be easier than the last quilt I made....even with hand sewing buttons on.

When I need a break from turtles I will work on one of my Christmas projects. That's about it for my day.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

Lonna
December 6th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Good Morning all,

Haven't been around much the past couple of weeks. So much drama going on all around me I don't know which way to turn. Asking that you all please keep my daughter and my best friend Sue in your prayers. Daughter just quit her job which I do not blame her at all. She was a supervisor for a security company which ran her into the ground. She was on call and has not had a single day off in the last year with out either having to go into the office, cover a post or deal with the phone calls. When they said on call 24/7 they meant it . I honestly believe that she was on the edge of a mental breakdown. This morning she is going over to Baton Rouge to apply to the Louisiana Culinary Institute. So praying she can get in and what ever grants and student loans that she can possibly get as I am afraid this Mom can not help any financially. Sue is my dear friend who came and moved in with Wayne and myself five years ago. She was a God send she was here to help me with Wayne as he was battling his cancer and now I do not know how I would manage to make it with out her here with me. We are our own little Golden Girls here. Any way her Mother passed away last month and then yesterday she go a call that the house that she still owned in W.V. burned to the ground. So if you wonderful ladies and gentlemen will please keep these two in your prayers. Myself I feel at a lost as to what I can do to help either one other. Thank you all.

I guess today I will try to put up a small table top tree this year. It has been several years since we have had a tree it may be the year to put one up.

Wishing all a very wonderful day.

Angelia
December 6th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Sandy, I haven't seen packaged patience either, but have them check the stockroom--maybe they have an old roll, and we could buy it by the yard. :)

Best wishes to all who need them today.

Sandy Navas
December 6th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Special prayers for Lonna, her daughter, and Sue!!

irishrn
December 6th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Well good morning all!
I should get the tree out today and get it up.
Not much more decorating than that planned. The kids will be here Christmas Eve for lunch as they have plans the rest of the week. So no need to go crazy!!
Also looking around the house for the things needing to be stored away. Since we lost our dog Shannon in September I haven't been very concerned about things. But tomorrow we are going to a local rescue to meet two smaller dogs needing a home.
I think it will pick up DH's spirits a bit. But he agrees that another dog almost 90 pounds is too much. These two dogs are under 25 pounds.
The female comes from an abused home and needs a lot of work. The male is a surrender from an apparent loving home and is much better adjusted. The adoption counselor thinks the female may not work for us but is willing to let us meet her. So we will see!!
So I'm getting out the food bowls, washing up the dog bed covers and getting prepared just in case!
I miss Shannon terribly and I wasn't planning on getting a dog quite yet, but DH seems a bit too depressed without his girl so we will see if this perks him up!
I'll keep you posted!
Hope everyone has a great day!!

GrammaBabs
December 6th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Prayers of support and strength for you from me... sometimes things just get too overwhelming don't they... put up the tree if it makes you smile and take deep breaths..hopefully this will pass and all will come thru ok...

Cathy F
December 6th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Lonna, sending prayers for you and your loved ones.

MayinJerset
December 6th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Lonna, Setting up the small tree is just the thing to brighten up all your spirits, good luck to DD and hugs to you and Sue.

Angelia if you find any packages of patience I sure could use a big one. Just spent an hour trying to redeem my credit card points because site didn't recognize anything I entered. Finally got my account updated and on to the rewards page. All that time spent and all I could get was one $25 gift card. I used to be able to get a few and I'd give them to DH for Christmas as he likes ones to Barnes & Noble and chain restaurants but one measly card! Bummer. Back to putting up our Christmas tree before I lose my Christmas spirit.

toggpine
December 6th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Lonna, Sometimes, there isn't anything you can DO, you just have to be there for them. Knowing someone you love is in your corner, supporting your decisions, and rooting for you to succeed is priceless.

We have a few things on the schedule today.
We made gingerbread dough last night and Em & I will cut and bake them today. *Question for Bob- Does your Lebkuchen recipe have eggs or dairy in it? I can't find my recipe from German class all of those years ago in high school.*
Hubby will make a run into town to trade in old car/boat batteries at the feed store. (They give you a $10 gift card for each battery!)
Later this afternoon/evening we are going to the neighbor's house for a Thanksmas dinner party. We'll bring some of the smoked turkey we made, a plate of deviled eggs, a few jars of pickles from the garden, and some of the gingerbread.

So if I want any time in the sewing room, I had better get to it this morning. I have to go top off the coffee, as the first cup came out too sweet. (My eyes weren't open enough when adding the caramel syrup!) Ugh. I can get two good cups out of this one!

Have a good day and share those smiles. Maybe we can start an epidemic of happy!
Big hugs to all of my quilty friends! -C

Sandy Navas
December 6th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Starting the Happy Epidemic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Simply Quilting
December 6th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Good Afternoon! We went to a friend's house today and got to look through books that she was getting rid of. I got a box full of books for the children. As soon as we got home, they got into the box and started reading. Who need new toys when they are having a blast with new to them books. One son was so excited that the box had the next book in the series that he is reading, younger son grabbed the science books and is now going, "Mom, did you know....?" and the youngest picked up a book and headed off to the couch to read.

The weather is gray and gloomy but I'm hoping to work on something today. Debating whether it will be the one quilt I have left or cutting blocks out for another small project. On a very cherry note, my package arrived from my Secret Santa. I'm looking forward to opening it at Christmas. I'm waiting on my Christmas ornament to arrive from MO* that I ordered on Monday. It ended up going to Topeka, KS and out for delivery then has went to Kansas City. So hopefully, it will arrive soon. Usually I get packages from MO* the day after they ship it. The package has traveled more than I have lately.

Lonnie, Hugs to you, your daughter and your friend. Sometimes all you can do is just be present and listen.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone :)

Bubby
December 6th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Lonna, I will be praying for your DD and Sue. I think it would do you good to put up a little tree this year. Good hearing from you.

Ginny B
December 6th, 2014, 06:28 PM
....to travel to our favorite B&B in CT. And that's what we did! They have a Light Parade every year and we try to make it up for that. It was scheduled for tonight but because of the rain, it has been changed to tomorrow evening. We are staying until Monday so we will still get to see it. Not a bad trip up. The traffic was light and it didn't rain too hard for most of the ride. Its pouring now but we are nice and cozy in our room with the fireplace going. We stopped at Hobby Lobby on the way up and I got some material for a couple small projects and checked on my craft booth here in town. We will just relax the rest of the day before the festivities and shopping and parade tomorrow. We are hoping to get a good bit of our Christmas shopping done over the next few days. We are both off until Wednesday.

It is good to have my car back. I had to bring it in because of a recall on the power steering and it turned out that instead of the usual fix, my car needed an additional part that they didn't have and had to order it. A supposedly 2 hour job wound up taking 3 days.

Lonna, sometimes being there for our loved ones is what they really need. Being there to encourage them and also being there to listen to them as they vent, cry and verbalize their thoughts. I'll certainly keep both your daughter and your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

Eileen, good luck with the dog situation. I hope you find a good match.

If anyone finds out where to get some of that patience, let me know. I'd like to have some of that in my stash.

I'm off to sew binding down on some potholders. You know I have to have some sort of project along with me. And I love that I have my tablet now so that I can still check in on what's happening here.

Enjoy the rest of the day. Stay warm and cozy.

Iris Girl
December 6th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Good Afternoon all. Finally getting a min to stop in. Sending healing thoughts to Lonna for all her loved ones. Rain here all day , cold rain but stayed above freezing. Got the food shopping out of the way. Followed my son to the garage to drop off his car (muffler fell off). Got all that done by noon. Just finishing up the 3rd load of laundry. Had to make a pitt stop in walmart for some flannel. Son was asking what I had that could be a fast quilt he gets cold at night. He already has one on his bed , but bed is against the wall and cold. So I pulled out the labyrinth quilt top and we bought some cute snowflake backing in flannel for it.94301 This is 90 x 90 so will be a floor to floor bedspread on his bed :)
This will do for him for winter then he can design what he really wants..PLUS it gets a UFO done. Got ribs in the oven cooking for dinner and I am beat. Got the Star BOM for Dec cut out ready to sew.
Have a great evening all and hugs to those in need.