PDA

View Full Version : LOL!!!

irishrn
December 5th, 2014, 07:55 PM

What are your code words?????

Carrie J
December 5th, 2014, 08:00 PM
LOL, Eileen, don't have any, just say "Headed to the fabric stores, bye!" followed by a long mournful groan from the Hubs!

Juliet Taylor
December 5th, 2014, 08:07 PM
"Just giving a look" to the husband :D

irishrn
December 5th, 2014, 09:36 PM
When I leave for the fabric stores, I come in and drop the bags in the washing machine on my way in
( always making sure it is empty and opened when I leave.) DH will never be near it!!
Days later after I have sorted the items, to be washed from don't need washing I take the fabric up to the sewing room and serge the cut ends
When I bring it down to wash if DH asks, I tell him it's fabric I've had for a while
If he does happen to see me unpack the car, I tell him it's for my DD or my GF. Works every time!!!

Sandy Navas
December 5th, 2014, 09:50 PM
TRUE CONFESSION TIME: I am married to an enabler. But he's cute . . . stinking cute.

ilive2craft2
December 5th, 2014, 09:57 PM
No code words other than - isn't that cute! That would make a great quilt for so and so...... I have a very understanding husband who helped me put the shelving units together when my stash started overflowing the small set of shelves it was on. :)

Bratbear
December 5th, 2014, 11:15 PM
No code words, no excuses, just say I'm going. Thankful he doesn't mind.

Grandma Nan
December 5th, 2014, 11:43 PM
No codes for me. I am like Sandy, I am married to enabler and fortunately for me my hubs doesn't look through any of my stuff so he really doesn't know exactly how much I have.

mpattylou
December 6th, 2014, 01:10 AM
When UPS drives up....hubs always asks....Is that for me? Nope dear...it's mine. Doesn't even ask what it is.

Simply Quilting
December 6th, 2014, 01:15 AM
No code words here either. He has actually went all day shopping with me a couple of times. He helped to pick out the fabrics from the two quilts that I made him.

bubba
December 6th, 2014, 01:20 AM
I need the shirt!!!!

CarolynK
December 6th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I used the word "stash" on the hubs and he immediately caught on. He said he knows about stash and didn't say another word. I used to tease him about his stash but after our cement mixer motor quit in the middle of a project and he just so happened to have another motor in his "stash" so we could finish, I decided that I would never tease him again. He loves that I quilt and never says anything when I head for the quilt shop to buy fabric and/or my M* order arrives!

Sandy Navas
December 6th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Yesterday, when my M* order arrived, Al brought it to me and stood patiently while I opened the box. His comment? "I love to see how tickled you get when new fabric arrives . . . " Got to love a man who finished that statement by telling me he needed to make a quick trip to Loews to buy some lumber.

Sonic
December 6th, 2014, 11:31 AM

What are your code words?????
LOL...I stand there with a blank look on my face and proudly exclaim... "I don't know yet, I'm just learning how to sew."
Shuts them right up. ;)

buckeyequilter
December 6th, 2014, 02:27 PM
I think next time I'm buying fabric for a girly quilt and they ask me at the store what I'm making...I'm going to tell them a shirt for DH.

I usually don't buy for stash because I have a project in mind - now whether or not it gets made is another story.