PDA

View Full Version : A nightmare finally over, and a problem solved!

Divine Daisy
August 21st, 2011, 06:19 PM
On thursday my husband had his final chemotherapy. Together we have navigated a very dark road, first my own diagnosis and chemo and no sooner was that over but he was diagnosed. I would like to thank everyone here for their support and thoughts, it has been a great help and my quilting has given me focus and distraction. Now we wait for a scan to see how things have gone and with good luck and a following wind he will be back at work by the end of September and able to resume his career which is very important to him.

At the same time as all this was happening, as many of you know, my youngest daughter has been preparing for her wedding at Christmas. We bought her first wedding dress (yes i did say her first!) last year. After much thought and debate she decided it wasn't right (it wasnt) and so we bought another which she was thrilled with. Last weekend she had a very busy three days attending a total of 3 weddings. All of the guests were made up of mostly the same group of friends. The middle wedding was just getting under way and all was lovely as the bride entered....... wearing Sarah's beautiful dress! She was at first stunned with shock and then pulled herself together and said nothing. Said nothing to me later either until her chief bridesmaid called me and told me. Long story short when i asked her directly she broke down..............absolutely devestated.

And so.....on friday, with her Pa's euphoric end of chemo blessing we went out and bought a third dress! End result......we are now very poor lol but we have a happy and overwhelmed girl who fought the need for another dress but was finally persuaded she too deserved to be a queen on her day.

If anyone is in need of a wedding dress........i will have three in my wardrobe after christmas!

Once again, thank you all for your friendship and support dring this difficult time

Loonwatcher
August 21st, 2011, 07:04 PM
Daisy. So glad your DH's chemo is over and praying that his follow up scan is perfect.

The wedding dress story is amazing. Put those extra dress on ebay or craig's list, with the story of course.

Sandy Navas
August 21st, 2011, 07:27 PM
Daisy, sorry I wasn't up on your chemo problems - but have added you and your husband both to my prayer list.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry with your daughter's wedding dress story, but if I were you I'd dye the second dress what every complimentary color she's using in her wedding and ask the lady who chose the same dress to be her Matron of Honor and tell her she already had the dress picked out!!

Hugs!

BellasQuilts
August 21st, 2011, 07:32 PM
So happy that your husband's chemo treatments are done. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all is now "clear"! Love the story about the dresses! Hugs and have a blessed wedding as well.

mamaquilt
August 21st, 2011, 07:33 PM
Well I'm glad for you and your husband that his chemo is over. We'll have one more to go tomorrow. That will also be DH last, so far. Hope that everything turns out right after all the rest of the examinations (scan and analyses) I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of them.
We have a proverb here that says in French: Jamais deux sans trois. So that should be the final dress for your daughter. Wishing her a happy marriage with all her 3 dresses.

sewmuchjan
August 21st, 2011, 07:46 PM
Prayers to you and DH, and to Mamaquilt too.
And as for the 3 wedding dresses I am with Sandy on that!!!! Toooo funny!! :) :) :) Happy Christmas Wedding!!!

God Bless and Keep you all in His love.

Monique
August 21st, 2011, 08:09 PM
Here's hoping that there is NEVER any more treatments to go for. Happy health to both of you.

That is so sad about the dresses, but yes she does deserve to be queen for the day. Sell the others on EBay.

meemeecyn
August 21st, 2011, 10:05 PM
Thoughts of you continue to be sent, Daisy. So sorry to hear what a difficult journey you have been on. You sound like a very strong lady......Bless you, your DH and the soon-to-be bride! What a dress story! Someday she will laugh about it. (maybe!)

Bubby
August 21st, 2011, 10:37 PM
I'm rejoicing with you that your DH has completed his chemo. I was on the same path once with my DH and I know what an emotional rollercoaster it is. My prayers will continue to be with you. The wedding dress story is really something...and I thought my daughter's wedding was a nightmare....it was nothing compared to yours. Hang in there Miss Daisy....Barb

RFREE
August 21st, 2011, 10:53 PM
Prayers going out to you and your DH. May god bless you both.

quiltingtrish
August 22nd, 2011, 12:45 AM
So great to hear your wonderful news Daisy! It sure sounds like a large roller coaster you two were on. Can't wait to hear he has started back at his job next month.
The wedding story is funny to us and I'm sure she will find it funny in later years. But, I can't imagine her going to a wedding and seeing the same one on someone else.

Hugs,

Txgrandma
August 22nd, 2011, 04:25 AM
You and your DH are still in my prayers Daisy, for a good scan and a return to his career. What a story about the dresses, and to see a friend in the same one had to be a shock. Wishing your daughter a beautiful wedding and I agree with the others put the other two on ebay.

janluna
August 22nd, 2011, 10:38 PM
Prayers to both you and your husband Daisy. And also for your husband mamaquilt! Hugs, Jan L.

SuzyQue
August 23rd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Prayers for you all. What a wonderful momma to buy 3 wedding dresses for one lucky daughter. She does deserve to be the belle at her own ball. I hope it is everything she dreams of and that you can sell those dresses and recoup some of your expenses.

quilter.martha
August 23rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
Thanking God the chemo treatments are over and will pray they are finished forever. Your daughter's wedding dress story is amazing. Something to laugh about later on, but for now it must feel tough. Here's to no more glitches for her wedding.

debinmalaga
August 23rd, 2011, 04:50 PM
Daisy, I'm so happy for you and your DH, that you've finished this chapter. Best wishes for successful scans!

Loved the wedding dress story!