PDA

View Full Version : Friday!

Blondie
December 5th, 2014, 08:13 AM

Good morning, Folksies!

Let's welcome the weekend! Big plans? Christmas shopping? a run to the LQS? A date with your sewing machine?

The other day Hubs came home from work with his Secret Santa at work name. Of course it is his least favorite co -worker! Naturally. sighs. He would prefer to feed an alligator by hand. I told him to nose around and find out what her favorite colors are, etc. He resisted saying he would give her an old sock filled with lumps of coal. Poor fella. This woman is the bane of his work day and he has been consistently looking for another department to work in because of her. I tried to get him out of his grinchy mood, telling him to kill her with kindness. So, I am planning on making her a tote out of purple camo and put in a few little handmade goodies. He rolled his eyes and is accepting his lot. He is such an Eeyore. Which is why he needs Pollyanna Me! See, I really can find something good in anything. there you have it.

Yesterday morning I received a call from Mom shortly after I posted here. I had stayed the night with her and she seemed okay and sleeping. She sounded terrible with a cough and when she called she told me she needed medical attention. She felt she could wait until the dr office opened rather than ER. They are treating her for acute bronchitis until her chest xray comes back. Poor dear. I think we caught it in the nick of time. She slept a bit better last night. We were told that if she is not remarkably improved by Saturday, then bring her to the ER. thanking y'all in advance for your prayerful support. we really want to keep her out of the hospital because she always comes home with something worse than what she presented with. I will be staying with her this weekend and hopefully pull out her old machine to work on that camo tote. Yay, yet another good thing that can be found with the help of purple camo. If I can get the old gal sitting up long enough, I may hand her a crochet hook and a pattern to make something to put in the stocking so that she can keep me company whilst I sew.

But before any of that, I need to get ready for shampooing hair today. Thankful once again for working so close to home.

The top picture is for our precious Monique. I couldn't resist posting it, sweetie, made me think of you. lol.

MayinJerset
December 5th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Glad Mom has gotten treatment and hopefully she will be better by Saturday. You are just so kindhearted to make DH's Secret Santa gift for that co worker, it will be so awesome she may change her attitude towards him. Maybe you could send that cat to Monique to help with her mouse problem.

Up really early this morning and over the cold that had me sleeping Wednesday away. I hadn't been eating much this week so I must be better because I woke up hungry and made myself a bowl of oatmeal while the coffee brews, it should be done soon so I'll going for a mug of it and some toast.

Did some online shopping yesterday and while it saves driving to shops and standing on lines it does has it's drawbacks. Asks you to go back to fill in something on the previous page then it wipes out most of the stuff you've already entered. Worth the trouble yesterday because I got a nice 3 piece outfit for newest great grandson in CA, some great scarfs for DGGirls in CA and threw in a pair of earrings for myself so my total was enough for free shipping. Hey, I could use a nice pair of inexpensive, fake gold, on sale earrings as I can't find clip on ones that nice anymore. Off for my coffee and may be back later.

Monique
December 5th, 2014, 08:56 AM
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_ rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Okay that me laugh out loud this morning and thank goodness my mouth was not filled with coffee. Thank you Blondie. And thank goodness I don't own a cat.

Went to the city yesterday and got a lot of Christmas shopping done. I really don't have all that much to buy this year it seems. I certainly don't mind. I work this morning and then I think we are going to put the tree up this afternoon. Les has his Christmas party tomorrow night. I guess I will be the DD AGAIN. Oh well, we will see who feels better Sunday morning. hahahah

Have a wonderful day friends.

Bubby
December 5th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Morning Everyone,

Friday again? This week flew by for me. After Jeff leaves for work I plan to make some biscuits for the Girls. They are seriously low on their favorite treats so I think I'll make a double batch while I'm at it. Bob, I wish you would make these for me!

It's raining this morning and they say it will continue through today and tomorrow. Jeff will be going to Cuba tomorrow and I will stay home. I'm trying to limit my exposure to people right now, which is hard at this time of year.

Blondie, so happy to hear Mom is responding to the meds. Hopefully you caught it early and that she will be 100% by Christmas.

Have a blessed day everyone.

Tina W
December 5th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Blondie I had a cat that did that but what she brought me was still alive, she was upset with me because I yelled at her. My peaches was a great cat.

Blondie
December 5th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Blondie I had a cat that did that but what she brought me was still alive, she was upset with me because I yelled at her. My peaches was a great cat.

Tina, I also had a cat who presented me with un christmas and un birthday gifts. what a treat.

JAM
December 5th, 2014, 09:25 AM
You are a sweetie!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 5th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone! My cat has brought me so many exotic wildlife gifts, many still quite alive but wounded. Try chasing a bloody lizard out from underneath the living room couch! Not fun.and I was truly ungrateful for the gift!

Working a little bit each day on the UFO PILE. I got one bordered and quilted but not bound, and another backing on the quilt frame, need to do the borders and quilting and binding. Then another JRR2 to quilt, no borders on this one. Hope my energy holds out to get these two done. Then the major UFOs will be done and I can move forward on two big Christmas projects.

It's raining here, supposed to be an all day rain, so sewing and a nap or two are on the agenda.

dwil23
December 5th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Just the other day I had just laid down to take a "nap" before going to work. I was dead tired as I didn't get but about 3 hours of sleep that day. My big fluffy Roo was sharing my pillow with me when we heard Timmy (our handicapped kitty) thumping down the hall. Roo sat bolt upright and then jumped off the bed and ran out the door. Within seconds I hear DD screaming "what have you got?". It was a lizard - a huge black lizard - and Timmy was bringing it to me! By this time I was on my feet and Timmy continued into my room and up on the bed with it in his mouth. I grab him up, lizard and all, and yelled for DD to open the patio door. About three feet down the hall, he dropped it - right on my foot! Then the fun began. After a few minutes, I managed to trap it between the broom and the dustpan and get him outside. Three days later the cats were still searching for him! I think I hurt Timmy's feelings.

Well, got a lot done yesterday, but still much to do. I have to pick up DS from school at one, so that 2+ hour round trip will put an end to my day, as I have to get ready to go back to work tonight.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day - prayers for Momma Ruth and all in need......

CarolynK
December 5th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Good Morning!

That also made me laugh, Blondie. I did have a cat that used to do the same thing, and then we happened to see a mouse in the kitchen at our other house and killed it, threw it out the door where Sneekers was sitting. He just looked at me, left it sit there and walked off. He didn't kill it so he wasn't going to play with it.

Work for a while today and then will try to get Christmas decorations up later. I am going to see my Mom tomorrow and check on her, maybe take her shopping if she wants to go. Then I will tackle my own Christmas shopping.

Blondie, prayers that your mom gets to feeling better!

Hugs and prayers to all! ~~~~Carolyn

Madeforyouinma11
December 5th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Good morning everyone!
Checked my email first thing this morning for the info to pick up our new little puppy on Saturday. I can't wait to meet him. I'll post pics on Sunday or Monday.
Today will be in the sewing room and some cleaning. I have 15 more diagonal lines to sew to finish off the quilting of my woodlands quilt. Couldn't finish it yesterday because I had little Julia for the day so we went for breakfast and then some shopping. Then I will sew the binding to the front so tonight I can hand sew it to the back, get it into the wash and out the door. Love the quilt, but I'm really happy it's almost done.
Then I need to do a good cleaning before the new puppy arrives...cleaning his crate, washing the floors and making sure there is nothing that he can get into. Then maybe I can get my decorations up....I'm late this year!
Blondie, hoping your mom gets better fast.
Hoping everyone has a great day and remember to be the happiest you can be...'Tis the Season!

EnumclawGramma
December 5th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Good Morning! Friday! It came FAST this week! I don't feel like I've been busy this week, so why does the time fly so fast?

I started on a Christmas table runner for my daughter in law yesterday, had to set it aside and order some "go with" fabrics. It's going to be SO pretty, I can't wait to finish it! Still working on my periwinkle and my tumbling charms but I do love my holiday sewing! I love Christmas fabric.

Wednesday I spent with my Grands. I was able to teach them to make the no sew ornament. I was so proud of the efforts of each of them and amazed at the results! These are some crafty kids and I think I see a couple quilters in the group!

Blondie I'll be sending prayers your way for your Mama. Barb, it sounds like you may be feeling a little better? I hope so!!

Off to start the day. Hugs and Prayers to all in need here, have a wonderful day!

Navy Wife
December 5th, 2014, 10:36 AM
When we lived on Pensacola, our Punkin used to bring squirrels for his daily offering of love. The squirrels in FL are mostly small and he thought they were big rats! None in the house, thank goodness.

It's still cloudy and damp here. Expecting heavy rains tonight and in the morning. I have to clean the living room today so the tree can go up, and then a trip to the grocery store for snacks for the big kids tomorrow. DH will get BBQ for dinner... that's the only reason they agreed to put up the tree. Bribery will get you lots of things!

Blondie, I hope your Mom starts to improve rapidly. ER visits are no fun with an elderly patient. I have become an elderly patient, and I know I would be a terrible in the ER. I have been fortunate to find good walk-in clinics for my minor problems on weekends and after hours. Saying a prayer for both of you.

I may have to stay up all night tonight or tomorrow to finish Grace's quilt. I have that dreaded feeling that she is going to be born before Christmas. I just pray that she lives long enough for Jenny to hold her for a while.

irishrn
December 5th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Good morning all!
Had one of those up and down nights. Tried to go back to sleep but didn't get much more than another hour! I'll regret it later!
Went to make DH's coffee while my tea pot was boiling.
Took a coffee filter out of the closet but as I was closing it a large can of crushed tomatoes came flying out with a half filled bottle of olive oil and promptly crash, bang, boom!!
There was glass and olive oil all over the counter, floor, kitchen rug and me!!
Tomatoe can smashed my left arm. Nice bruise going there!
Finally got it all cleaned up but that olive oil was a mess on the tile floor!! Can we say slippery!!!!!!
Good thing I had slippers on- rarely do!!!
So now coffee is made, tea is at my side and mess is all cleaned up!
Going back to bed is looking good!!
Hope all have a great day!!!

share60
December 5th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Prayers for your Mum,I am sure you light up her day with your love and care thank you for brightening mine
Cheers
Shareen

Amy R
December 5th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Blondie, prayers for mama's quick recovery!
Eileen, ouch, hope your bruising isn't too bad. What a mess !

I have almost the first row of hand quilting done, I think the second row will be a different design to set off a little variation. As there will be no crescents I think something different will be nice.
Third row crescents with repeat of first row. I'll have to post a pic in work in progress thread.

Tonight methinks is finally Domino's pizza! We eagerly await the 50% off any pizza when you order online deals as the pizza we love is close to 14 usd. This way it's under 7 and we are happy. Payday treat!!!!
Sewing is in my weekend future, and moving the master bedroom around. That should be really fun, our king bed and the dog's love seat. Yes, he has his own love seat as his bed. We had gotten a new couch at goodwill for 40 bucks and so it needed a new use.
The cat regally sleeps in the pillow space between my and dh's head, I'm sure he's thumbing his paw at Niko saying Ha Ha sucka!
Little one continues to have trouble sleeping, nightmare again. I don't think there's anything I can do other than tell her don't be afraid, it's not real, tell them (the spiders) to leave your room. Is there?
Prayers and hugs to all. I know we all need them.

ravelim
December 5th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Hugs and prayers for everyone. This Nana wants everyone to be comfortable.

One of our dogs brought in a tiny little baby bunny that was lost. She was so concerned about this baby. It was so cute.hubs took back to finding place and saw the mommy taking the baby.

Going to try to sew today. I don't hurt like I did yesterday.

One more cup of coffee and then I'll get cracking ...that. doesn't mean my bones a cracking. Lol.

Have a great day.

Sandy Navas
December 5th, 2014, 11:09 AM
94124That's for Momma Ruthie!!

It's also wet here - rain must be covering Missouri - but at least it isn't freezing. I do prefer me a bit of sunshine though.

A quick run to JoAnns and some grocery shopping yesterday were the highlight of my existence. Did get a special little present made and ready to ship off to someone very special. Oh, and sent someone a special early BD present from M*. You don't know who you are, but if you have a birthday coming and see this . . . it may just be for YOU.

Back to the sewing room today. Quilts put to the side. Al asked that I make a Mr. Long-Legs McFlurry for his Aunt who lives in California. Need to finish it and get it in the mail soon.

Special thoughts, hugs, and prayers to all in need. Be safe, be warm, be happy, and be well.

Cathy F
December 5th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Morning all,

Blondie, glad to hear mom got medical treatment before she ended up in the ER, sending healing thoughts for her.

Today it's cold out there, don't think I'll want to venture out. I need to get in the sewing room and get a moving. Still have a few things I want to finish up and want to stitch out an embroidered snowflake for my tree. I've made dozens I've given away but yet to keep one so maybe while I'm sewing I'll let the embroidery machine stitch one up for me.
Did a little on line shopping yesterday and took advantage of some sales, don't usually buy many gift anymore as the grandkids are all teenagers now and two are driving so money is always appreciated to buy what they want or put gas in their cars, nice and easy and no returns for me to do. Then I always make them a handmade something. This year the girls are getting cosmetic bags, and my grandson is getting his fishing pillow.
getting the house cleaned up and started slowly decorating. Maybe the trees will get up this weekend, we'll see how energetic we feel!

Hugs to all that need a few extra, Wendy, you're in my thoughts and prayers along with some other forum member going through some rough times or fighting illness.

Dollyquilts
December 5th, 2014, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=irishrn;641826]Good morning all!
Finally got it all cleaned up but that olive oil was a mess on the tile floor!! Can we say slippery!!!!!!
Good thing I had slippers on- rarely do!!!

I've done the same thing with the olive oil. What a mess!

Dolly

Cfrankl
December 5th, 2014, 11:23 AM
The first year in our new house at the farm, the dog brought me 2 dead muskrats!! Those were nice to find on the front step!!

CountryHut
December 5th, 2014, 11:29 AM
**looking for my word counter*~

oooooh there you are :)

just barely 9 a.m. . . and the Hubby is FULL of conversation . .*smacking forehead*~ . . the man must dream of words all night - so he's ready for a chit chat session 1st thing in the morning

Good Morning one and all . ..

I have *maybe*~ .. just one more blanket to make this morning and I believe I am done with making blankets for the Holidays . . I've been making blankets for this ONE lady since the middle of August -- I've made so many of them for her I lost count - but it has to be close to 14 or 15 of them . . I'll met up with her around Noon to deliver 2 more

between 3 online e-stores - online sales are waaay down - - Sept was pretty good - Oct was Great - November 1/2 of what Oct sales were and Dec is not even looking anywhere near promising . . *the hubby is still talking*~ .. . L*~

well, since the Friday before Thanksgiving my son gave me a gift that keeps on giving . . . lets put it this way . . I've gone through 3 rolls of TP and 1/2 roll of paper towels and I'm on a 3rd bottle of Dayquil and 2nd bottle of creomulsion cough syrup
. . and he gave me 2 of his season tickets for the next Jaguars game *I sweat someone is paying them to be loser*~ . ugh~* . .
but I can't go . . I'm afraid I might make the whole stadium sick with what I have . . that would not be a good thing . . the whole city of Jacksonville sick . . *ut Oh*~

Do you believe -- the hubby just called from his cell phone to ask me if he paid the light bill *he seen the meter reader coming down the road*~ . . WHAT . . he is STILL talking . .

he's almost out of words for the day . . . ooooooh my goodness*~

anyway . . I've GOT to find something to get me into the Holiday spirit . . with this cold - its a debbie downer -
one would think with a neighborhood of freaks, hoarders and a pot growing nudist -- there would be more holiday decorations
so far the hoarders are winning - their front yard looks like they made a deal with Sanford and son . . of course this ''isn't''' including their holiday decor . . L*~

well, I suppose I should get busy with making a fresh pot of coffee -- I am s o o o o sure that the hubby will be calling to remind me . .

everyone have a wonderful day and '''Make it"" a good day

just Diane here :)

Jean Marie
December 5th, 2014, 11:55 AM
All your stories remind me of a time when the kids were little. My husband & I rented a farmhouse in the country in wisconsin. We had 2 mixed lab puppies about 9 months old. Being out in the country, the dogs ran lose and stayedon our property. No houses near us. Well, one morning the pups were barking their fool heads off at the back door. My husband and I went to see what all the commotion was and there they were.............wagging tails, prancing around, stupid looks on their faces with tongues hanging out. So proud with their catch lying at the door..........a skunk! Hubby got rid of their catch and couldn't possibly yell at them,......they were so proud!

songbird857
December 5th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Goooooooood Morning! :)
I smile because God is good...
Blondie - I sure hope mama is feeling better soon.
Eileen - big ouchie! I dropped a plate last week and my first thought was 'where's the dog?' Don't want her little paws getting cut.
Amy - I'm praying for your little one - nightmares aren't much fun.

Sooooooooo.... last night I took my lovely daughters to Kohls, as 22yoDD needed some sneakers for work and she is a broke college student ;) I had earned some significant Kohls cash with black Friday online shopping, so off we went. So we hit the shoe dept first, then gloves, then undergarments... when 19yoDD (the other broke college student) says to me in a panicked voice - 'Mom? Did you see where I put my purse down?'
Um. No dear. I stopped paying attention to your stuff when you were about 10. I worry about mine.
Long story short - we retraced our/her steps and not a sign of it anywhere. oh boy. Notified customer service (called them this morning - no purse), called the cel phone company so the phone service is suspended and the phone will show up as stolen if anyone tries to activate it with any company. Called the bank to cancel the debit card. Went online for the DMV and printed out the form for lost ID. She'll need a new school ID too... Oh, and my husband was not a happy camper running to Wally World and changing all the locks on the house at 11pm. Unbelievable how important that small purse was. We live in the city (lots of unsavory characters here), so waiting was not an option. I told my hubby that now we have an extra set to bring with us when we buy our house in the Berkshires....... :) He was not very amused. He did hug my daughter and told her it would be ok. Good call dad.
Anyway - more cleaning for me today. I did realize that I have enough fabric for multiple large quilts - boy that happened fast! So I'm going back on my fabric diet to coincide with my weight watchers ;) 10.2 pounds down as of this morning after 2 weeks... Feel so much better already. :icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo:
Have a great day all... hope everyone gets some sewing in.

Eriepatch
December 5th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Hoping everyone manages to find a reason to smile today in spite of the many problems.

Blondie, I certainly relate to you and your mom. My mom lived with DH and me for 2 years
before she passed away and it seemed like there was something everyday to deal with.
Now we have my 95 year old MIL and DH's 90 year old aunt. They don't live with us, both are
in assisted living facilities but still there is something every day. DH is a gem and sees them
everyday but it does take it's toll. I know there are others that know what it's like.

On a lighter note, my Mini has brought me over the years 5 Wood Rats. I always think it's a dog toy
until I look closer! They look like gerbils thank goodness and not like "real" rats but still.......UGH
She is only doing what Miniature Schnauzers were bred for so I know she is pleased even if I'm not!

Grandma Nan
December 5th, 2014, 12:26 PM
ok I give up. Something going on with my internet. I have written very thoughtful and profound entries for the last two days of Blondie's start ups and neither day have they shown up. They were both long so I think my internet went out while i was composing these masterpieces. Ok sending a short note to tell you all I am still here just my internet being very intermittent.

Carrie J
December 5th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Morning All! Another dark and dingy, drippy day here.....I need some sunshine!!!! Blondie, hope your Mom is better soon! Bronchitis is nothing to mess with for the elderly. Eileen, ow!, and what a way to start the day, just glad you didn't receive a bad cut! Amy, hope the issues with your little one's nightmares resolves itself soon. Comfort and reassurances from Mom tho will help ease that transition.

Had to crack up at the stories do what our beloved pets bring us as "surprises"! Cats are much more capable of giving disgusted, disdainful looks than dogs. We had a Manx cat that would do the same, only it was wounded birds........invariably the stupid thing would fly into the house upon opening the door off our dining room to the garage. We became experts at catching hopping, flapping partially flying winged creatures in the house. Meanwhile Satchmo would sit there and give us the "REALLY? It was a GIFT!" look! All I had to do was yell incoming, after awhile, Hubs knew we had another winged intruder, compliments of Satch.

Working with the cuddle cloth, it's been a learning experience, BUT, find that I'm loving this stuff (fuzzy minions and all), and will finished be today......,I hope! Otherwise, hunkered down putzing with some totes, mug rugs, and scarves. Not much more left to do really for Christmas. And still awaiting delivery of templates ordered. LOL, Donna my mail Lady graciously rings my doorbell and s
Always says, "Sorry Carrie no goodies today.". She's such a sweetie pie. Well off to the sewing room, Hugs and blessings to all, and especially those that need them!

toggpine
December 5th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Amy have you tried a room fragrance spray to work as a nightmare/spider repellant?
Spiders really don't like peppermint oil. We have a commercial spray that we spray in the barn around the milk machine and other areas where I have to stick my hands on occasion without being able to see what's behind.
I don't know if that would help or not.
The little boy we had here as a foster for a few months would wake us up screaming. Sometimes he would wake up, other times we could stop them by just rubbing his back and talking to him. I don't know if he ever got over them.
Our daughter had them for a few weeks as a toddler, but they didn't last long.

Best wishes on getting past this. It's no fun.

Amy R
December 5th, 2014, 03:06 PM
There aren't actually any spiders in the room, and she likes them during the day. She had a halloween toy that she loved til I put it away. I'll try a spray though as a deterrent and also to help her.
Before the spiders it was "monsters" in her room, and Daddy told her Hi Yaaaa!!! them (karate kick).
So the spray or a "spider trap" of some kind may be useful :D
I just feel so bad for her.

RockinLou
December 5th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Blonde- best wishes for mom's steady recovery.

Amy- not much more you can do but comfort them, sometimes waking our daughter made her nightmares worse, but for our son, it helps, so it's hard to say what is right other than every child is different, so if you are there to love on her and reassure her, it will work out, she might also be sensing stress in her life that she can't understand or express. Times were very hard for us not long ago and DD was more anxious and had more bad dreams, no matter how much we tried to shield her from it all.

It's goodnight from me here... We had 6 inches of snow last night, it's a good thing we live 50 yards from work!

We went out to dinner tonight and spent too much money on a WONDERFUL plate of sushi. With fries, of course, for our 3 year old. It was nice to be out.

Tomorrow I have to work part of the day, need to make a pumpkin pie too... As I am having some girls over for pie and movies.

Sunday I'm not leaving the house. There will ba a Christmas skirt for my 5 year old and 'hopefully* a little snowman table runner in my near future. I did finish my son's shirt in time for him to enjoy it already this week....

Sandy Navas
December 5th, 2014, 03:37 PM
There aren't actually any spiders in the room, and she likes them during the day. She had a halloween toy that she loved til I put it away. I'll try a spray though as a deterrent and also to help her.
Before the spiders it was "monsters" in her room, and Daddy told her Hi Yaaaa!!! them (karate kick).
So the spray or a "spider trap" of some kind may be useful :D
I just feel so bad for her.

Amy, Febreeze has a Sleep Serenity spray that is a milk and honey fragrance. Tell her it chases the spiders away . . . it is very, very relaxing. Never would have thought of it if Cathy hadn't said something above.

Simply Quilting
December 5th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Good Afternoon! We avoided rain but had heavy fog until about 1PM. It's been a busy morning around here - not necessarily productive. I was trying to get quilt tops finished up to get to the long arm quilter today. I think that I spent more time ripping out than I did sewing. I don't think that I've ripped out that much all last month. But I did finally get one of the two D9P quilt tops to done. There is just one more left which the way my day has went, I might just wait til tomorrow to sew on it.
The two quilt tops that I have done, I did deliver them to her this afternoon. I told her I was not in a huge hurry as I'm not even sure when we are going to do Christmas yet.
The only other project before Christmas is the various small gifts.

I will probably spend a lot of the weekend sewing. But sometime we are planning on going to Eagle Days over at Squaw Creek near Mound City, MO. If you are anywhere around northwest Missouri this weekend, Eagle Days is a neat chance to see eagles up close and in the wild. There are also usually snow geese around and other wildlife.

When we lived out in the country, we had a cat that loved to bring the mice into the living room and play with them on the floor. He never was very happy when we would take them away. He was an excellent mouser which was great to keep the mice out of the house.

Blondie, I hope that your mother feels better soon.

{{HUGS}}} Amy, we use to have a child that had night terrors. It made for a long night. You might try to lavender to help her stay in a restful sleep.

Hugs and prayers to those who need them.

Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend everyone :)

Over40momma
December 5th, 2014, 07:12 PM
TGIF and lovin' it! Just got back from putting my 2 kids on the train to go see their Grandma. It is harder to tell who is more excited....the girls or Grandma. :lol: They had the day off school and I am letting them play hookey on Monday as they won't be back til late afternoon. Well, Christmas with Grandma is more important! She is having a particularly rough go as this will be the first Christmas without my Dad so all the love and cuddles and hugs and kisses will be the perfect remedy.
Now I am just going to kick back til hubby comes home and have a nice quiet evening with the old boy. We don't get many of these moments and I intend to take full advantage of him....er it! :icon_whistle:
Have a great evening everyone and a fantastic weekend.

brook
December 5th, 2014, 07:25 PM
My poor cat does the best she can for being indoors. She brings string, feathers and stuffed animals to her food bowl. : )