PDA

View Full Version : What Was I Thinking?

auntiemern
December 4th, 2014, 05:48 PM
When I decided it would be ok for me to try to climb on a chair to look for something on top of the fridge. Needless to say, it did not end up well. I lost my footing just as I was about to get all the way up. I went backwards and landed on the bottom of my back and butt. (thank God for the extra padding I have put on) Of course DH was not here, he had gone to DD's new house to clean out the shed on the property. I hit really hard, so I just layed there for a bit to see what was gonna really start hurting. The damage is: I tore the heck out of my left arm just below my elbow, tore up 4 of my bare toes (skin tears), and my back and hips right at my tail bone are not feeling great.

I was just trying to get caught up with getting some things shipped that I need to. My SS package being one of them. So never fear my SS gal, I will get them mailed by tomorrow.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
December 4th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Ouch, Marilyn! Heal up soon.

Vonnie
December 4th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Ditto the Ouch!

I hate to say it, but whenever I pull one of these stunts, I always hurt more the next day.

Can you take a long hot bath and soak some soreness out?

Over40momma
December 4th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Ouch Marilyn! You think it hurts today, wait til tomorrow.....that's when those hidden aches really make themselves known. Epsom salts and a warm bath my dear. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. :icon_hug:

kensington
December 4th, 2014, 06:05 PM
You sound like me... I slipped an fell down the basement stairs today, my heel is hurting crazy, my arm is all bloody from the numerous scraps and cuts on it... my neck is aching, my back, and my fanny feel like I have been kicked with boots!

I came up, after I could get up, and took IBprophin right away... good thing too, it hasn't kicked in yet, but my shoulder is needing it. Oh my aching body.

I have so much to do and Martin won't be home for more than 3 hours. Ugh... but at least I know he will cook for me tonight. It will be chili or chili dogs... but I'll eat it. LOL.

I need to heat up a couple of corn pillows I think! Sorry to hear about your fall. We are a pair... Aaay?

Simply Quilting
December 4th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Ouch! Ouch! I'm glad that you did not break anything. But knowing you are going to be sore for the next several days is not going to pleasant. Hope you heal quickly.

kensington
December 4th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Ouch Marilyn! You think it hurts today, wait til tomorrow.....that's when those hidden aches really make themselves known. Epsom salts and a warm bath my dear. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. :icon_hug:

Oh chut up! "Tomorrow"... NOOOOooooo! LOL. I hope I am not worse tomorrow. Ouch!

K. McEuen
December 4th, 2014, 06:31 PM
You need a shorter fridge.

I was this yesterday and started giggling ...

GuitarGramma
December 4th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Marylin--and Kensington--you two take care of yourselves! You're two of my favorite people, and each of your falls could have ended up MUCH worse.

Sandy Navas
December 4th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Is there anything you two won't do for sympathy? Let's cut the circus stunts out - you're both too old to be turning cartwheels.

Praying for quick healing!!! OUCH just doesn't cover it.

Rhonda D. Matzker
December 4th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Are you crazy??? You should have KNOWN better. Am I going to have to come up there and whoop your butt??? Don't be so stupid!!! And don't tell me not to yell at you because you would be all over me like white on rice and you know it.

Grandma Nan
December 4th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Aw Marilyn so sorry to hear you hurt yourself. Hope you are ok. Its hard to be laid up this time of year (as I know with this stupid hand) but be careful. We try to hurry too much and end up taking more time. Isn't that a profound thought.

jjkaiser
December 4th, 2014, 08:14 PM
So sorry about your accident!! Tomorrow you will wake up feeling okay, but it's the day after that when the pain will get you. Better go to Walgreens and load up on the Ibuprofen. And stay off chairs and stepladders!!!

SuzyQue
December 4th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Sounds like Santa needs to bring you a nice sturdy step stool for Christmas and a strong hand rail for Gloria! Be careful!

Iris Girl
December 4th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Marilyn do be careful and take care of those ouchies. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

ravelim
December 4th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Sandy where did you find my picture? I thought I destroyed them all.

Carrie J
December 4th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Maryilyn and Gloria.....................

So very sorry to hear about your falls, and a major OWIE in just reading your posts! I'm just glad y'all are ok. Tomorrow is gonna be fun for both of you, please take care, it could have been really, really bad!

BobW
December 4th, 2014, 08:49 PM
I have gotten to the point I rarely ever try to climb. When I really have to, I get a very sturdy chair and I have a step stool that has a handle to hold onto. I step up on the stool and then into the chair. I've had a number of falls and I feel for you guys. Take care and alternate hot and cold for treatments.

stitching woman
December 4th, 2014, 09:01 PM
You two just have to try to out do each other! Hope both of you are feeling better by tomorrow.

Miss Sheri
December 4th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Oh My! Marilyn and Gloria, wow, I feel for you. I fell down my stairs a long time ago and I can tell you, if your tail bone is involved, you will be 'feeling' it for weeks! I don't know why bruised bones hurt so much but they can really take your breath away. My best to each of you, and please. . . BE CAREFUL!:icon_kiss:

Jean Sewing Machine
December 4th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Please, please, please, don't use chairs for ladders! O k? Heal well, my acrobatic friends!

Monique
December 4th, 2014, 09:50 PM
I feel for ya's. Take care and heal quickly both of you.

stationarymom
December 5th, 2014, 02:45 AM
Marilyn and Kensington ouch!! both of you take care, use ice where needed and heat anywhere else.Try to keep your feet planted on the floor from now on.

SallyO'Sews
December 5th, 2014, 03:18 AM
Marylin--and Kensington--you two take care of yourselves! You're two of my favorite people, and each of your falls could have ended up MUCH worse.

Yup-yup, what Toni said!!

MayinJerset
December 5th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Heal quickly gals, been there quite a few times myself.

Blondie
December 5th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Since you should remember my broken big toe at the beginning of this year, I can say without any further ado - KLUTZ! What were you thinking?!

Be careful sweetie.

When I decided it would be ok for me to try to climb on a chair to look for something on top of the fridge. Needless to say, it did not end up well. I lost my footing just as I was about to get all the way up. I went backwards and landed on the bottom of my back and butt. (thank God for the extra padding I have put on) Of course DH was not here, he had gone to DD's new house to clean out the shed on the property. I hit really hard, so I just layed there for a bit to see what was gonna really start hurting. The damage is: I tore the heck out of my left arm just below my elbow, tore up 4 of my bare toes (skin tears), and my back and hips right at my tail bone are not feeling great.

I was just trying to get caught up with getting some things shipped that I need to. My SS package being one of them. So never fear my SS gal, I will get them mailed by tomorrow.

Bubby
December 5th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Oh, No-o-o-o-o-o! How awful. I hope you mend quickly, but you're bound to be really sore for a while. (((HUGS)))

EnumclawGramma
December 5th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Oh Marilyn! I really hope you're feeling ok today! Not good! (This made me think of Blondie's big toe too! Ugh!)