PDA

View Full Version : 2nd grade homework....

bubba
December 3rd, 2014, 09:26 PM
Math was never, ever my subject!! I had to pick up the 3rd and 2nd grade grandkids today and Alex has, yes, you guess it....MATH!!

It must be my lucky day! Bunga what is a hexagon? What is a pentagon? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Score points for Bunga!!!

ilive2craft2
December 3rd, 2014, 09:31 PM
I love math, so if you need help, just send me the question and you can be the hero!

I think my 3 year old nephew is going to be great at math. His mom (my sis) asked him if he wanted chili for lunch and he said "only if I can have more of those hexagons" - oyster crackers - they are hexagons. Yep, that is my little professor.

AuntieVic
December 3rd, 2014, 09:31 PM
Oh the world of quilting has helped us with our math skills. Yeah.

bubba
December 3rd, 2014, 09:40 PM
When Tyler was little and we had custody of him, MM travelled a lot so Tyler and I were alone during the week. I can remember going to the grocery store with him once and I told him he could pick out the meat we would have for dinner that night. He was having trouble so I asked what was wrong. Seemed he wanted to try cube steak but could not figure out why it wasn't square!

Sandy Navas
December 3rd, 2014, 09:59 PM
There is something so very special about the totally uncluttered mind of a child . . .

Miss Sheri
December 3rd, 2014, 10:03 PM
I feel your pain with math! I'm pretty sure my kids pass up my math skills by the end of 4th grade. I loved the comment of how quilting has helped our math skills, but thank heaven for RK quilting apps!

Carrie J
December 3rd, 2014, 10:55 PM
Pat, had to work my tail off with math, BUT don't know too many times I've ever had to use Algebra in daily life, ya know? Geometry, another subject altogether, that made sense! Kids, gotta love them, oh to be able to see thru the eyes and mind of a child!

Sonic
December 4th, 2014, 12:12 AM
Pat, had to work my tail off with math, BUT don't know too many times I've ever had to use Algebra in daily life, ya know? Geometry, another subject altogether, that made sense! Kids, gotta love them, oh to be able to see thru the eyes and mind of a child!
LOL...and I'm the opposite!
Algebra? Oh yes please!!! Used it all the time.
Geometry? Ge wha?
Uh huh...building things around the farm is a little more challenging for me.

Thankfully kiddo is pretty good at both- he checks my geometry for me.

SuzyQue
December 4th, 2014, 02:38 AM
I am so thankful that I am done explaining and doing Calculus! Math was never my strong suit, but home schooling the kiddos helped me to learn many things that I never thought I would master! Numbers never made sense to me. Makes me wonder where my kids came from, for sure!

IBake
December 4th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Both of my boys were good at math. My youngest learned multiplication in 1st grade when he had finished the math test and aced it, so the teacher did a sticky full of times tables and told him to figure it out....Yup, had it done b4 class was out.

oldest GS is 7 and doing times tables already. I shudder. I only hope that Grandpa is around if they need help...but their dad is a whiz and their Mom is a PhD in molecular genetics so I feel safe!

When my boys were in HS and needed math help the sentence overheard was ..."this is math, ask Dad, remember?" But it is amazing how I can do rings around you in the kitchen..HAH!