PDA

View Full Version : Update on me...

WendyI
December 2nd, 2014, 08:59 PM
First thanks so very much to those of you who have reached out to me and kept me in your thoughts. I have been in a very dark place and just have not had the gumption to get on here and I realize that is not very nice. Everyone here is so kind and caring and I love you all and I've been so busy in my own distress that I have not thought of all the troubles everyone else must be having also. So I'm sending ((((((HUGE HUGS)))))))) to everyone who needs them and to those who have been staying in touch. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Things are settling down somewhat. Our house is on the market and we have received one ridiculous offer that we have refused to even entertain. The house went up on Monday last week and we have had four viewings, an offer and another viewing tomorrow so fingers crossed it will sell soon. I have found an absolutely gorgeous apartment to rent as I cannot afford to buy. It's a bit pricey for me but so nice that I have to take it and it will be ready exactly when I need it to be in May. Please keep me in your thoughts and send lots of good vibes that this place works out. Not knowing where Liam and I will be living has been a huge source of my anxiety so if this works out it will help a lot.

I have been off work due to severe anxiety and depression trying to cope with all of this and get meds sorted. I see a psychiatrist on the 18th and I sure hope he can help me get figured out. At this point it looks like I will be off until the New Year which stinks because being home alone sucks. I miss my colleagues at work a lot.

I promise to try and get on here more often and try to get caught up with everyone. Love and hugs to everyone. I miss you all terribly and promise to try not to be so absent. Thanks for checking up on me and keeping me in your hearts. It means more to me than you can possibly know at a time when I feel very alone. Thank you. xoxoxox

ilive2craft2
December 2nd, 2014, 09:04 PM
Glad to hear from you! I have been worried about you. Hoping that the house sells soon for over asking price and that the apartment that you found works out. Knowing where you will live will hopefully help with lessening the stress and anxiety. Totally understand that when you are in that dark place, it is hard to participate in the forum. Just know that you are loved and missed. Hugs, Lisa

Amy R
December 2nd, 2014, 09:10 PM
Thank you for the message Wendy, we have been worried. It is a rough time for you right now and I hope your healing mind body and spirit goes quickly for you.
You are in our prayers and thoughts.
Stay strong lady!!!

Kgrammiecaz
December 2nd, 2014, 09:11 PM
It is so good to hear from you. So sorry to hear that troubles exist. You do not need to apologize for being absent, you need to do what is best for you. And always remember, what you are going through is hard on you, no less than what someone else may be handling. And, When you need us we are here.

A positive note about your apartment. I lost my house years ago during that crappy market, lost my job, etc., Out of that I finally found the apartment I love. A little pricey, but worth every penny. You will find those few extra dollars sometimes are needed to pay to have the perfect place. Once you move in, make it special, buy something new, even if its just a pretty candle. Of couse you can always buy fabric to add to your new home.

Hugs Wendy. Take care of you!

Navy Wife
December 2nd, 2014, 09:19 PM
So good to hear from you. We all worry when you are absent, though we know the reason why. I hope your new Doc will help with the dark days. Many of us have had those times and know how hard it is to keep your chin up. Hang in there!

JCY
December 2nd, 2014, 09:25 PM
Hi, Wendy ! I hope things get better soon. Sometimes it takes a while to work through all the "stuff" till you can move emotionally to a better place. Meds. & a good dr. will help. DH has suffered off & on through the years from depression, so I can sympathize. Holidays are a difficult time for lots of folks. Hope you see the light at the end of the tunnel soon. (((Hugs!)))

irishrn
December 2nd, 2014, 09:41 PM
So glad you popped in! You are loved here and missed! Collectively I know huge hugs are headed your way!!
So smile my friend!! It looks good on you!,:-)

BellasQuilts
December 2nd, 2014, 09:42 PM
Wendy, so glad you are back. We were going to send out the Canadian Mounties to track you down, girl. Sorry for your troubles, but here is the place to share, and cry, and laugh, and well, that other thing - quilting, oh yeah!

Glad you got some help and things will get better, hon. In all my years this is what I have seen - things do get better.

So, sending you a cyber hug right back at ya, and we expect to see you around here more now, eh? LOL.

quiltingtrish
December 2nd, 2014, 10:06 PM
Wendy - good to see you here. I'm sorry you are going through all that you are and I will keep you in my prayers. I'll also include that your house sells at what you want for it and that the apartment you are looking at comes through. Know we all miss you here, it truly is good to see your smiling face.
((((HUGS))))

Annav
December 2nd, 2014, 10:14 PM
So sorry to hear you are having trouble, but glad things seem t be getting better for you and that you are getting help. Hoping for a speedy recovery for your health and also they your house sells soon for whatl you need it to sell for.

mallorypm
December 2nd, 2014, 10:42 PM
Wendy
This might help. when I first became disable and had to quit my job I would stay away from my front window in the morning so I could not see everyone else going to work. I Loved my job and didn't want to leave. Seeing everyone else go to work in the morning was the worst part of my day. So I started to sew, (this is when I got back into sewing) and it helped more than any doctor could.

Find a happy place in your heart Wendy, depression is not easy. But you CAN get though this one day at a time. And take only one day at a time, Don't look to far ahead.

Good Luck on the house:)

alliek
December 2nd, 2014, 10:47 PM
So happy to hear from you. I am sending thoughts to you for peace for your heart and mind. Keep looking forward, head up. ((()))

SallyO'Sews
December 2nd, 2014, 10:50 PM
So glad to hear from you, Wendy! Been keeping you in prayer and thinking of you often, and will continue to do so.
Love, hugs, and blessings,
~ Sally \0/

Midge
December 2nd, 2014, 10:56 PM
Wendy, it is so good to see your post today. I've missed you and been worried about how things are going. Don't feel obligated to post here, just lurk if that's all you can manage right now. I do hope that will change soon, though, and you will feel like posting or emailing. Those early days of a long term relationship ending are so wrenching, so grueling, I know that sometime it's all you can do to get dressed and put together a dinner for Liam. Good to hear there is interest in your house, and I sure hope you get a sales contract soon. Having a little certainty about the path ahead may help just a bit, eh? Good luck with the new psychiatrist, dear. Will email you soon.

Annette Ackley
December 2nd, 2014, 11:18 PM
Hugs to you Wendy!! Hope you get to feeling better and things work out for you!!

songbird857
December 3rd, 2014, 12:01 AM
Hugs and prayers hon :)

Claire OneStitchAtATime
December 3rd, 2014, 12:10 AM
Good to hear from you, Wendy. And yay for seeing a psychiatrist. I hope he or she can help balance things out.

Dollyquilts
December 3rd, 2014, 12:36 AM
Wendy, what you're experiencing will definitely put you in a dark place. Been there, done that, but didn't want the T shirt. I'm here to tell you that you will come out on the other side. There were times I doubted it, but it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Hugs and all the good vibes I can muster,

Dolly

GuitarGramma
December 3rd, 2014, 12:57 AM
Dearest Wendy,

I am so sorry to hear how tough things are for you emotionally. I hope it helps to know that we here on the M* forum love you to pieces (no pun intended). I know that there are many others here who were as happy as I was to see a posting from you. I'm so glad that you reached out to let us know how life is going. I truly wish things were better for you.

I hope you'll keep us posted, good news or bad. We're here for you.

Toni

Grandma Nan
December 3rd, 2014, 01:07 AM
Hi Wendy- I have been wondering how you are. Glad you were able to update us and let us know you are plugging along. It is difficult to see any positives right now but who knows what the future holds for you. Stay strong and stay in touch with your forum family when you can.

mommamarsh
December 3rd, 2014, 01:15 AM
Wishing you peace and comfort . Hang in there.

Ginny B
December 3rd, 2014, 01:31 AM
So glad you stopped by to say hi. I hope your house sells for a good price soon and that your apartment works out. Such a difficult time you are going through. {{{{{hugs}}}}}.

Mpyles
December 3rd, 2014, 02:13 AM
Good to hear from you Wendy! Lots of good thought heading your way! One day at a time....things will get where you want and need them to be.. Peace & Hugs!

Simply Quilting
December 3rd, 2014, 03:27 AM
Wendy {{{{HUGS}}}} Thank you for popping in to give an update. I've been wondering about you.

stationarymom
December 3rd, 2014, 03:39 AM
Wendy I'm so glad to see that you stopped by,I've been wondering how you are doing.Anxiety can be such a terrible thing to try to deal with.Have you had your hormone levels checked to see if that might be part of your problem?My mother's first symptom of the change was anxiety.I will keep you in my prayers,I hope you find some relief. Make sure to drop in as hard as it feels you will feel better after you have.

Learner quilter
December 3rd, 2014, 04:27 AM
:icon_wave: . :icon_hug:

snippet
December 3rd, 2014, 05:16 AM
Hang in there Wendy. You'll get through this somehow. After all, look how far you've come already. I have my own dark places and know how hard it is to be among happy people when you are just pretending to be.

Just know that we care for you and are here when you need someone to talk to or a place to get away from the darkness.

MayinJerset
December 3rd, 2014, 07:12 AM
Good to see you here, your M* pals were wondering how you were doing. The right buyer for your house is right around the corner and once the house is sold you'll be moving on to a brighter future.

Carol336
December 3rd, 2014, 08:33 AM
I've been thinking about you Wendy, and hoping that things were working out for you. Good luck with the house, and your new apartment. I hope your days begin to get bright again soon.

Blondie
December 3rd, 2014, 08:37 AM
huggggsssssszzzzz

First thanks so very much to those of you who have reached out to me and kept me in your thoughts. I have been in a very dark place and just have not had the gumption to get on here and I realize that is not very nice. Everyone here is so kind and caring and I love you all and I've been so busy in my own distress that I have not thought of all the troubles everyone else must be having also. So I'm sending ((((((HUGE HUGS)))))))) to everyone who needs them and to those who have been staying in touch. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Things are settling down somewhat. Our house is on the market and we have received one ridiculous offer that we have refused to even entertain. The house went up on Monday last week and we have had four viewings, an offer and another viewing tomorrow so fingers crossed it will sell soon. I have found an absolutely gorgeous apartment to rent as I cannot afford to buy. It's a bit pricey for me but so nice that I have to take it and it will be ready exactly when I need it to be in May. Please keep me in your thoughts and send lots of good vibes that this place works out. Not knowing where Liam and I will be living has been a huge source of my anxiety so if this works out it will help a lot.

I have been off work due to severe anxiety and depression trying to cope with all of this and get meds sorted. I see a psychiatrist on the 18th and I sure hope he can help me get figured out. At this point it looks like I will be off until the New Year which stinks because being home alone sucks. I miss my colleagues at work a lot.

I promise to try and get on here more often and try to get caught up with everyone. Love and hugs to everyone. I miss you all terribly and promise to try not to be so absent. Thanks for checking up on me and keeping me in your hearts. It means more to me than you can possibly know at a time when I feel very alone. Thank you. xoxoxox

CarolynK
December 3rd, 2014, 08:39 AM
Good to hear from you, Wendy. Sending lots of hugs!

Bubby
December 3rd, 2014, 09:00 AM
It's good to hear from you....HUGS to you, Sweet Girl.

MRoy
December 3rd, 2014, 09:02 AM
Sending cyber-hugs your way.

Madeforyouinma11
December 3rd, 2014, 09:19 AM
Wendy, I'm so glad you checked in. I've been thinking of you and wondering how you've been doing. Sending many hugs your way.

Preeti
December 3rd, 2014, 10:24 AM
I had been wondering about you. Thank you for the update. Sending hugs, best wishes and good cheer your way.
We may be apart but you are not alone :icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug:

amartin24
December 3rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Thinking of you Wendy and praying all goes well. Perhaps in the long run after this is behind you, it will be a nice change and you can look forward to a fresh start! God Bless!

Grandma G
December 3rd, 2014, 10:38 AM
Wendy - glad you checked in with us. I know you feel as though you are in an almost impossible situation right now but I think once you see your doctor and get that sorted out and once the house sells everything will start to fall into place. In the mean time take it one day at a time. That's all anyone can do. Know you are thought about often and there is a lot of love for you from this forum.

Take care, sweet girl and keep in touch so we all don't worry so much!

Sending hugs to you and Liam.

Over40momma
December 3rd, 2014, 11:08 AM
My dear sweet Wendy, this is what I really wanted you to see. You are truly not alone. One of the worst things about depression is we isolate ourselves. Thank you for coming here so that you can really know how many hearts and minds are thinking about you and cheering you on!
I've battled depression too, so have many others here.....we do understand and that can really make it easier to feel comfortable knowing there are folks who really do understand the fight you are in. I am so proud of you seeking help, that is a HUGE step and I know you are probably a bit scared of it. It is never weak to need help, it is smart. Depression simply means (to me anyway) that a person has been strong too long on their own.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you with that apartment. Sounds like it was made for you and Liam!!! Keep us up-to-date whenever you can. :icon_hug:
P.S. And don't think I won't call the Mounties to hunt you down if you try to disappear on us. ;):lol:

ravelim
December 3rd, 2014, 11:43 AM
Oh Wendy, I've missed you so much. Hope your house sells quickly. Sorry about your problems. Life is so hard sometimes.

Glad your are back. BTW did you know that you were my first friend on the forum?

Ahamblin
December 3rd, 2014, 12:04 PM
Wendy - thank you for checking in. I have thought of you often. A lot of us have been through similar situations. It's tough but you will get through this. Glad your house is on the market and praying that it sells for what you want. I am glad that you have an appointment and hope that it helps you. Remember you are not really alone - you have this whole forum to talk to and who will give you support. Take care of yourself and stop by when you can.

rebeccas-sewing
December 3rd, 2014, 02:25 PM
Thanks for sending us an update, Wendy. We all miss you. I hope things work out for a GOOD sale on the house. Life will get better. I hope you find a good doctor to help you get your depression under control so you can get back to work and move on with your life. I'm glad you've found an apartment that you like. That should certainly relieve some of the stress.

CARRIE M
December 4th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Wendy I'm so glad we found you! Or you found us. Or whatever. So good to hear from you! I have been where you are. One day (soon I hope) you will start to come out of this. You will feel as though a great weight has been lifted from your shoulders. And we are all going to be here to celebrate with you.

Miss Sheri
December 4th, 2014, 01:41 AM
Hi Wendy Sweetie, just sending you some love and happy thoughts. You are a darling, and we love you. Still praying for you and Liam. Just wanted you to know you are loved.

Marty
December 4th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Cyber hugs Wendy.

Marebear
December 4th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the update Wendy. I'm so sorry you are in such a dark place, but I hope that things look up for you very soon! Many good thoughts going to you and (((hugs)))

klgls
December 4th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Wendy - sorry you are in such a "dark place" but be assured there are many praying and having good thoughts your way.

WendyI
December 4th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Well i am sitting here bawling as I read all your wonderful replies. I have been feeling so very alone and you all made me feel so very loved! THANK YOU!! You all totally made my day! I wish i could hug every one of you in person. Thanks for lifting my spirits and letting me know I can make it through this! I am trying hard. Once the house sells and i know the apartment is mine it will be a very big relief. Love and hugs to everyone! Xoxoxoxoxxo

Klasien
December 4th, 2014, 02:47 PM
So glad to see you back on here, I have been thinking about you a lot.
Hang in there XOXO