PDA

View Full Version : Our Christmas Trees

Juliet Taylor
December 1st, 2014, 08:50 PM
FIrst of all, I really hope this is not a bad topic for a new thread.

I'm not Christian neither a religious person but I love Christmas and the Christmas tree because for me it's an occasion to celebrate family, the ones we love and celebrate love in general (that's me).

I do respect other's opinion, and I hope we can share our Christmas tree for whatever the reason is to make it :)

So if you don't mind I would be willing to start :) I already made mine yesterday, the last day of November, I know it sounds crazy but I'll be working everyday until the 24th having only one full day off (and some half days off) so I wanted to be able to enjoy it :)

Waiting for your approval, I start taking pictures :)

K. McEuen
December 1st, 2014, 09:17 PM
The only discussions not appropriate for this forum are political and religion or other posts of an inflammatory nature.

If you want to share pictures of your Christmas tree which you put up for whatever reason without getting into a religious debate that is perfectly fine.

Myself, I don't put up a tree anymore due to lack of space in my closet sized living room and the fact that I never got help putting it up or taking it down so I went on strike.

Kgrammiecaz
December 1st, 2014, 09:42 PM
I will be making a little fabric tree this week. That will count for mine. I am sure little Zoey would knock down anything I put up anyway. So, I would love to see pics of everyones trees

Carrie J
December 1st, 2014, 09:59 PM
Mine's up, but downsized to a 4ft tree on a little table. The days of humongous trees are gone for me! But tis the Season, so yeah! Will have to take pics manana, that and my fiber optic snowman on the side table. Thank Heavens for poinsettias, LOL!

Hulamoon
December 1st, 2014, 10:02 PM
I was just putting lights on mine today. My kids don't live with me , but I bought a cute 4' alpine tree at the craft store. These lights are never coming off because I hate putting them on. lol

Love Christmas trees!

alliek
December 1st, 2014, 10:08 PM
Sharing Love is never inappropriate.! Enjoy!
:icon_bigsmile:

buckeyequilter
December 1st, 2014, 10:11 PM
I love Christmas....and would love to see the trees! I don't have mine up yet.

New York Sue
December 1st, 2014, 10:24 PM
I just hauled mine up from the basement.
YUP, Artificial....
If it's anything like last year, DH will put the tree up and a 10 day stand-off will ensue. I hate to decorate the tree. I don't mind the putting away, (as I gently wrap every ornament), but the whole idea of spacing them out, and fussiness, NO can do!
He'll do it this year, I think.
He's ALMOST trained to perfection. Took me 37.5 YEARS....

ilive2craft2
December 1st, 2014, 10:35 PM
We put up our big tree yesterday in the family room. We put lights on it as we put it together, so it is just packed with lights. Neither of us have moved off of the couch tonight to start putting ornaments on it. We have a smaller one that goes in the living room, it goes together faster than the big one. Hope to have both finished by the weekend. But for now, I am heading into the sewing room! Have gifts that need to be done to go under that tree!

Can't wait to see pics of trees - I will post pics once they are decorated. :)

Vonnie
December 1st, 2014, 10:35 PM
Stonehenge Wall Hanging Christmas tree with lights. And the boys presents will sit on the floor under the wall hanging. DH and I don't exchange gifts anymore at Christmas. And for birthdays, the birthday person picks the restaurant and the movie.

quiltingtrish
December 1st, 2014, 10:47 PM
We get a very small 3 foot real tree every year. It sits on a card table at the front window and we never get it until about a week before Christmas. I put white lights on it and some ornaments - usually special ones from the kids and loved ones. Oh, and I love the Charlie Brown trees - I think they are beautiful.

JCY
December 1st, 2014, 10:50 PM
We have a small artificial tree, maybe 3-4 ft. tall. I keep it decorated with the lights & ornaments. When Christmas is over, I cover it with a large plastic bag. When it's time to "decorate", I just lift off the bag, set it on the table & plug in the lights! No muss, no fuss. It's just DH & me, and no one comes home for Christmas, so I don't go to the bother any more to decorate the house. We gave away all our extra ornaments & decorations several yrs. ago. One DS got the tall artificial tree. I enjoy Christmas, but it just isn't the same w/o family or kids. Everyone lives too far away to come home, & DH, who has many health problems, wouldn't be able to tolerate the stress of having a house full of family. So it will be a quiet Christmas season around here.

I'm busy putting together my annual Christmas letter, which I've done for 44 yrs. I buy cards after Christmas when they're on clearance, so they're ready to go. I bought Christmas stamps last month. I went through last year's cards & updated addresses. I just need to print the letter & start the production line!

I'd love to see pics of others' trees.

bubba
December 1st, 2014, 10:55 PM
We have a beautiful prelit fake one that I have not seen in about three years. Hope it still lights up because I think it has to go up this year :(

I did see a cloth panel, about seven feet tall of a Christmas tree at Ikea...maybe I will just go get one of those!

Mpyles
December 1st, 2014, 11:19 PM
I like putting up a tree...my problem is the cat....he won't stay out of it! I put it up last year and never hung ornaments on it...because he would not stay out of it...I'm afraid he was too hard on it.....suggestions???

GlendaM
December 1st, 2014, 11:41 PM

My tree, wrapping gifts now!!! I am Christian, so Christmas is very special to me. I LOVE Christmas! Hope you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

mommamarsh
December 2nd, 2014, 02:20 AM
I made a flannel , ragged Christmas tree last month, so we will have a tree this year. Cinco has inspected the tree , has left it alone. No shiny , moving things to kill/play with .For several years , Scroogie Boy didn't see a need for a tree and with 3 to 4 cats in the house I knew I would get to decorate it many time ! LOL. Only have Cinco now . My DS and his family have a big ol' tree for the Season.Loved doing all of it for years , but now I like that clean up will be one bag and a box and I'm done . I may need to make a cloth bag for it. Hmm ,what material ....

share60
December 2nd, 2014, 02:21 AM
We have not put up Xmas tree for a few years but will this year looking forward to seeing yours
Cheers enjoy the Season of Goodwill
Shareen

kensington
December 2nd, 2014, 03:51 AM
I love a good Celebration. And as a Christian I cannot think of anything better to Celebrate than the fact that our Savior was born. I do it big... and with all my heart. I have 15 trees up right now in my home and two waiting to see if I want to put them up or not. Poor lonely things sitting in the attic space. I have about 67 ft of garlands about in various places, 9 wreaths, a Snowman village, my Nativity on display and lights up and down and sideways outside. Even my bedding in my bedrooms is now Christmas. I mean afterall, it's a Celebration... give it all you got! Merry Christmas... Pictures to come later. LOL

MayinJerset
December 2nd, 2014, 04:43 AM
In our early years we had the biggest fresh tree we could afford or had space for. As our children grew and our family shrunk, and we got older and slower, we replaced that big fresh tree with an artificial one. We used to have a big one but this year we'll have a 4 ft tree on a table decorated with lights and our collection of ornaments bought, made or received as gifts. Our big nativity was given to one family and now we have a small one that sits under our tree. Another 5ft tree will be set up in the front of our house and strung with lights. Just enough for a nice Christmas display indoors and out and not too much of a strain on our energy,

I'd love to see photos of everyone's trees.

Iris Girl
December 2nd, 2014, 06:13 AM
We downsized many years ago to a 4 ft tabletop tree. (tiny living room and too much excercise equipment :( ) then we went to nothing. Last few years I put a 2 ft tree up on the hutch above my desk. Hubby is not a christmas person (childhood crap) and I just can't do it big time anymore but enjoy my tiny tree. It won't go up till the week before christmas.
Would love to see pics of your tree.

Blondie
December 2nd, 2014, 07:57 AM
We have not downsized anything, including our waist lines. Sparky, er, I mean Luscious Larry has had the tree up since last week; he has also put lights outside and we are in all of our tacky glory. Who cares if the wrapped presents under the tree are empty? It's all about the sparkle. And that is what makes my man SMILE.

Juliebelle
December 2nd, 2014, 09:15 AM
I also love Christmas, we do a hugh display in our yard for the children in the neighborhood. My husband and I used to do by ourselves but this year our neighbors pitched in and it was like a party. I usually do the inside but my daughter and I do the tree together, we have downsized from a 9.5 to 3 smaller trees. I have been collecting ornaments for 45 years and for me it is not Christmas unless they are all on the tree.

MayinJerset
December 2nd, 2014, 09:50 AM
Juliebelle said, "I have been collecting ornaments for 45 years and for me it is not Christmas unless they are all on the tree. "

That's the problem with downsizing our tree size, have to select which of our many ornaments to put on the tree. I have some from 1955 the year we were married, mostly Christmas balls with winter scenes and only the raspberry left from the fruit ones. A that time most of the ornaments were from Germany.

Right now I'm looking for my Christmas wrappings and bags so I can wrap my grab bag gift for tonight's small group meeting. Not in the closet with regular wraps and bags, I seem to remember thinking it was a good idea to pack them away with the trees and decorating stuff but which box did I put them in?

Midge
December 2nd, 2014, 10:15 AM
Used to do the tree thing, and I still have a lot of antique ornaments. Like some others have mentioned I got fed up with no help setting up or taking down the tree after my son moved out, so I stopped. I do miss it at times, but my cat would not leave ornaments alone. So he stays, and I'm content without one.

songbird857
December 2nd, 2014, 10:34 AM
We will probably get a tree this weekend - it will be interesting to see how my pup reacts to it!

Vonnie
December 2nd, 2014, 10:40 AM
Juliebelle said, "I have been collecting ornaments for 45 years and for me it is not Christmas unless they are all on the tree. "

That's the problem with downsizing our tree size, have to select which of our many ornaments to put on the tree. I have some from 1955 the year we were married, mostly Christmas balls with winter scenes and only the raspberry left from the fruit ones. A that time most of the ornaments were from Germany.

Right now I'm looking for my Christmas wrappings and bags so I can wrap my grab bag gift for tonight's small group meeting. Not in the closet with regular wraps and bags, I seem to remember thinking it was a good idea to pack them away with the trees and decorating stuff but which box did I put them in?

For those extra ornaments, you could put them on some type of garland or string and string them over the fire place or stair way or doorway.

I remember one year we put the tree up in the playpen to keep the baby from playing with the ornaments and maybe toppling the tree over on top of him. This idea should work with puppies - not kitties as they are good climbers.

Plentziana
December 2nd, 2014, 11:24 AM
I love Christmas, but in my country the ornaments are placed from December 8 because our celebretion ends on January 6 whith the arrival of the Magi bringing gifts to children and also for adult, although there are families celebrating Santa Claus and the Basque Country have a mythical character called "Olentzero" and that the December 25 brings gifts for children, but children still waiting for the Kings with more gifts, Home I put an artificial tree about 2 meters high and also a great Belen, because my two daughters and my four granddaughters live in my town and are home every day and I like to enjoy the magic of Christmas family

ravelim
December 2nd, 2014, 11:25 AM
We have our tree up, the first time ever this early in 43 years! Will take a pic and post it later.

Over40momma
December 2nd, 2014, 11:51 AM
Oh I love Christmas trees......whatever the reason, it just makes that little part inside of you still believe in magic and miracles.
Need to rearrange some furniture in our living room before I can get the tree up. That is this weekend's project. I get to string the lights and my girls love to decorate it.

Amy R
December 3rd, 2014, 03:42 PM
Tree 1 of 2 is done.
This one is the clearance pre lit one from Joann's. Since it's clear lights I wanted to do minimal color. I didn't have enough gold ornaments so I added red as well. And my one lone gingerbread man ornament, I love love love gingerbread men. Must work on making some for next year!
Waiting for the step girls to get here to do the multi colored tree.
Not sure about the bow on the top, I like how it looks 85% of the time I look at it LOL

Angelia
December 3rd, 2014, 04:09 PM
I have lots of ornaments, but since I have cats, no tree. :)

Juliet Taylor
December 3rd, 2014, 05:44 PM
This is gonna be a long post to answer :D my, 4 pages while I was away! Lovely!

The only discussions not appropriate for this forum are political and religion or other posts of an inflammatory nature.
If you want to share pictures of your Christmas tree which you put up for whatever reason without getting into a religious debate that is perfectly fine.
Of course! But thanks for answering me so kindly!

I like putting up a tree...my problem is the cat....he won't stay out of it! I put it up last year and never hung ornaments on it...because he would not stay out of it...I'm afraid he was too hard on it.....suggestions???
Sorry no idea… my cat didn’t care about the Christmas tree so we never had any problem with that!

GlendaM: I love your tree! Love the red/gold together!

Tree 1 of 2 is done.
This one is the clearance pre lit one from Joann's. Since it's clear lights I wanted to do minimal color. I didn't have enough gold ornaments so I added red as well. And my one lone gingerbread man ornament, I love love love gingerbread men. Must work on making some for next year!
Waiting for the step girls to get here to do the multi colored tree.
Not sure about the bow on the top, I like how it looks 85% of the time I look at it LOL]

Amy, I love your trees! Both of them! I think the bow is perfect just like it is… and the gingerbread man is awesome! I lovelove love them too! They’re… sweet!

And here is mine :) sorry for the terrible picture, I really can never take a good picture when I need to take one! This is my first tree! A fake one I bought when I started living alone 8 years ago... what an emotion! And now is my hubby and me tree!

This is I made myself a gift... giving a them to my Christmas tree: SWEETS! You can see (kinda) felt cupcakes, polymer clay cookies and truffles with red ribbons, a lot of bows from past years and changing color lights!

How nice was reading about everybody's trees!

lourixe
December 3rd, 2014, 06:08 PM
I love Christmas, but in my country the ornaments are placed from December 8 because our celebretion ends on January 6 whith the arrival of the Magi bringing gifts to children and also for adult, although there are families celebrating Santa Claus and the Basque Country have a mythical character called "Olentzero" and that the December 25 brings gifts for children, but children still waiting for the Kings with more gifts, Home I put an artificial tree about 2 meters high and also a great Belen, because my two daughters and my four granddaughters live in my town and are home every day and I like to enjoy the magic of Christmas family
Actually trees are not a Spanish tradition (neither were they related to Christianity at first, but to a pagan winter celebration), but most families put up a Nativity. We spend Christmas with my Aunt and Uncle since we were kids, and we would not only put the "official" figures (Mary, Joseph, the shepards, roman soldiers, etc) but we would add our own toys and there would be Playmobil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playmobil)firemen, my witch doll... Every day we would move the group of the Three Wise Men closer to Betlehem for them to arrive just on January 6th, when gifts were exchanged.
My aunt still keeps some of our old toys in her Christmas ornaments boxes, and puts them out herself, for the joy of my young nieces.
Where I live, the "Olentzero (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olentzero)" is called "Apalpador". It could be translated as something like the "belly palpate man" as it is said he would feel the bellies of sleeping kids to check if they had eaten properly, and leave them nuts or yummies like oranges and candy.

Navy Wife
December 3rd, 2014, 06:24 PM
My tree will go up on Saturday, thanks to the boys and wives. We don't usually have a tree as we go to DS#1 for Christmas Day and gift exchange. This year they will all gather here, including DD from IL. Then we will take it down quickly to be ready to leave for FL on December 30. I also have to pack the RV by then. Right now I'm cleaning the house and finishing my baby quilt.

It's so interesting to hear the customs of others and especially other countries. We so enjoyed the Christmases we spent in Japan and England.

Andrea F
December 3rd, 2014, 06:36 PM
We always put up a fresh tree. It's kind of a family tradition to put it up on Christmas Eve and all four of us decorating it together. Maybe this year I will put it up a little earlier on the weekend or so. It has to go on January, 6th, the day of the three wise men (? it's called holy three kings over here). I'll show you some pictures when we have set it up.

Claire Hallman
December 3rd, 2014, 07:16 PM
Here is a poor picture of mine. Mostly a picture of the tree skirt and one of the puppy Cookie.940269402794028

Amy R
December 3rd, 2014, 08:33 PM
Claire, Juliet, beautiful!!

Grandma Nan
December 4th, 2014, 12:19 AM
I love a good Celebration. And as a Christian I cannot think of anything better to Celebrate than the fact that our Savior was born. I do it big... and with all my heart. I have 15 trees up right now in my home and two waiting to see if I want to put them up or not. Poor lonely things sitting in the attic space. I have about 67 ft of garlands about in various places, 9 wreaths, a Snowman village, my Nativity on display and lights up and down and sideways outside. Even my bedding in my bedrooms is now Christmas. I mean afterall, it's a Celebration... give it all you got! Merry Christmas... Pictures to come later. LOL

Oh I would love to see this Gloria. I still remember that beautiful quilt you were making with Winter's Grandeur at the Retreat. It was so beautiful. As long as you're adding pictures add one of this too maybe. I would love to see it.

kensington
December 4th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Oh I would love to see this Gloria. I still remember that beautiful quilt you were making with Winter's Grandeur at the Retreat. It was so beautiful. As long as you're adding pictures add one of this too maybe. I would love to see it.

I finished that, and shipped it to the quilter. She finished it and shipped it to a friend who I surprised with it.

jjkaiser
December 4th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Tree not up yet, we get a fresh one and it's a little early. Kids are grown but come home for xmas, they don't live airplane distance thank goodness. Past 5 yrs DH and I take turns picking the tree, but we go together to get it. I like small charlie brown trees that I feel a little sorry for. He likes big bushy trees so tall you have to chop part off to get in the door. Our problem? Neither of us can remember whose turn it is to pick this year!! Happy holidays to all the new people I have "met" through the forum. You have been such an inspiration.

Juliet Taylor
December 4th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Here is a poor picture of mine. Mostly a picture of the tree skirt and one of the puppy Cookie.

Claire, even blurry I can see your tree and I like it, so many lights! But let me say your tree skirt is spectacular! I love the snowman on it! And all the pieces of fabric!

CarolynK
December 4th, 2014, 08:59 AM
My tree isn't up yet - that happens this weekend. It's a 9ft tree so the hubs puts it up and does the lights (I supervise that!). Then I do all the rest of the house decorations. He did get the outside lights up last weekend and we have a few yard displays to do. I love Christmas and Thanksgiving and all that goes with it. I'll post pictures later when all is done. I love seeing everyone's trees!

Grandma Nan
December 4th, 2014, 02:10 PM
I finished that, and shipped it to the quilter. She finished it and shipped it to a friend who I surprised with it.

It is so beautiful- I love it.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 4th, 2014, 03:31 PM
My daughter, the Christmas Crazy Woman, put up my tree when she was here before Thanksgiving. Last year she put it up 3 days before Christmas. She got table toppers and other decorations out in various places. She dug out my GRANDMA's GROUP" of Beanie Babies, which we had to add to because a new little great grandson was added in November, now all on the mantle. Now all I have to do is quilt til Christmas.

I've had this tree for quite a long time, we've always put it on Grandma's antique cedar chest. Cats used to climb this tree, but now the one who is still alive in not interested in climbing, except to snuggle on my lap.

Grandma in the center with the three sets of grands and great grands!

MayinJerset
December 4th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Very nice that your DD did it for you and it looks so nice and Christmasy, love the array of Beanie Babies on your mantle.

dwil23
December 4th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I am anxious to get my trees up this year! Living with my BAH HUMBUG sister for a few years, not much decorating was done. I am so looking forward to unwrapping the ornaments - each one has a special memory attached and I feel like they are old friends. The homemade ones I made in 1979 - the year I was married and had no money to buy decorations, the ceramic ones I painted with my dear cousin in the early '80's, Hallmark ornaments and others from each year as the kids grew up. Then there's the ones they made at school, ones brought back as souvenirs from trips we made as well as many that were gifted over the years - each one is special. I even have some that my grandmother made in the 60's when I was a little girl. Yes, I am looking forward to seeing them all again in the next week or so.

I think I will have six trees up this year. One "traditional" - all those ornaments that have special memories. One 101 Dalmation tree - from 1996 when YDD was just four and we ate MacDonald Happy Meals until I thought I would die to collect those ornaments - but I love them! I will do a heritage tree, with ornaments from my grandmother and small frames with family pictures, but that one may have to wait until next year. A snowman tree, a small "sweets" tree in the kitchen, a sports tree in DS rooms. I have more ornaments than will fit on six trees so I am planning a rotation - will divide and sort by odd year and even year. I can't wait!!!

kaydee
December 4th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Kensington, I can't wait to see the pictures! Wow!

Juliet Taylor
December 5th, 2014, 08:22 PM
I love to read everyone's story... it's so amazing! And waiting for more pics to come!

Plus the Beanie Babies are so lovely and winter-ish!!!

BellasQuilts
December 5th, 2014, 10:24 PM
DD called yesterday and asked if we had purchased our tree yet. I said no, we wait because they get too dry if we buy early. She was so happy. Her MIL had hers already, and DD wants the babies to experience picking out the tree because she said she has so many fond memories of doing that when growing up. Funny how you learn what was a "big deal" to your kids when they have babies! We had to drag them down there to do it, but once there they liked it. I never would have guessed it was such a great memory for her. Live and learn...will post pics of DGS and DGD when we go get our tree!

Cathy F
December 6th, 2014, 12:18 AM
I love Christmas and will put up the trees for as long as I'm able. I love to sit at night in the room with just the tree lit up and look at it
and remember all the people who contributed ornaments to the tree, many of whom are not with me anymore. it's good to have them back with me again if just for a short while.
We put our big tree up today and decorated it and yes, I'm exhausted. Tomorrow the smaller one will go up in the sunroom. Used to put them both up in one day but that's not gonna happen this year! Still have to go back in the basement and get the angel for the top of the tree but that's for tomorrow!

I loved seeing everyone's tree, keep your pictures coming!
Amy- love the bow on yours!
Jean beautiful tree and mantle!
Glenda, very pretty!
Juliet, love the sweets!
Claire, very pretty tree and skirt!

mpattylou
December 6th, 2014, 01:07 AM
I have one of the 7' skinny trees....and set it as close to the wall as possible, so it doesn't take up much floor space. Haven't got it up yet...but I will. I love to put up a hodgepodge of ornaments from years past. Some made by my kids when they were in school and others from my students in the past. Brings back a lot of memories. For anyone out there looking for an appropriate gift for a teacher....give a nice ornament. Carl, Allyson, Jay....I remember you.

Juliet Taylor
December 6th, 2014, 03:26 AM
Cathy F, how special is your tree! As soon as I enlarged the pic I felt my heart warmer... it looks like the ideal Xmas tree I've always had in my mind! Wonderful!

bopeep
December 6th, 2014, 09:44 AM
I put our tree up Saturday before Thanksgiving.... because I knew I was having Gallbladder surgery the day before Thanksgiving....it is a 4 foot tree and I put our Christmas village under the tree.....
bopeep

irishrn
December 6th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Finally got it up today! I like simple!
Hope you like it and my quilted tree skirt that is now about 18 years old!!
May be time for a new one!!

Sorry it's on its side!
But it really is standing up!!

Juliet Taylor
December 7th, 2014, 04:54 AM
Both your trees looks so festive and nice :) How nice is to see every couple of days more Xmas trees!

LRM
December 7th, 2014, 12:08 PM
We are religious, but grew up with Christmas in our homes so we celebrate and decorate. I especially love the lights, representing spiritual and literal return of light (solstice or Christmas for Christians). I haven't yet put up my tree. I'll get it up this weekend, but might just have the lights and some red wooden garland beads to keep it simple.

Bubby
December 7th, 2014, 10:22 PM
We put our tree up last weekend. It's a slim-line tree so we didn't need to move any furniture. This year it has white lights and lace angels and snowflakes I made with my embroidery machine. I like the simplicity of our tree this year.

Juliet Taylor
December 14th, 2014, 06:55 AM
If anyone in these past days has been decorating trees (I'm sure someone of you did) it would be lovely to see them here :)
Hope you don't mind me up this thread :) I just love Christmas and everything it comes along with it :)

Bubby: that is one lovely tree! Love the lights!

Iris Girl
December 14th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Here is my tree its a small tabletop that sits on the hutch top over my computer desk.

Juliebelle
December 14th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Here are my trees I have collected santas and other ornaments for 45 years and for me they all have be out for it to be Christmas. We had to downsize from our 10 feet tree no much for us to handle so we went to 3 smaller trees.

Juliet Taylor
December 15th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Size really doesn't matter... because both your trees are so cute! It's so nice to see you taking time to take a pic and share with us :) I listen to Christmas music every day :)

Momama
December 15th, 2014, 01:32 PM
94926 here's my tree. I love putting the tree together, lights, decor and all. This year we went to one of my DS house early In Tampa ( because of work and all ) my other DS( lives in Orlando) will be down the day after Christmas for a few days. Thanks for looking!

auntiemern
December 17th, 2014, 01:59 PM
My youngest GD was home sick from school today, so she helped Granny decorate the tree. It is a 7 1/2" Black Hills Spruce. It is very bright in my LR right now so the pic really isn't doing the tree justice. It is full of handmade ornaments with a few 'bought' ones thrown in. Thanks for looking.

Juliet Taylor
December 18th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Both youre trees are a delight! So many trees... we've seen so many and wow! I'm just amazed how beautiful they are!
Thanks for keeping sharing!

kimsophia
December 20th, 2014, 09:28 PM
We have a pretty trellis instead of a tree, what with us being old and the tree climbing cat! So here is our "tree". You may note a theme! :D