PDA

View Full Version : What a nice surprise!!

irishrn
December 1st, 2014, 07:15 PM
My GF spent Columbus Day 3 day weekend with me in order to learn to make her first quilt for
Her DD's baby shower in November. It turned out just beautiful and her DD was very excited.

Well today she stopped by on her way back to Wilmington NC and brought me a thank you gift!
I hope the picture does them justice. But I was so touched that she thought of me when she saw these at a local shop in Wilmington!
They will be going into my newly cleaned sewing room!!!

Vonnie
December 1st, 2014, 10:31 PM
They will make great bookends!

I remember my mother telling me when she was a little girl they had two irons. They would heat them up on the top of the stove and iron with one till it got too cool, then swap it out with the second one.

Awesome!

Carrie J
December 1st, 2014, 10:33 PM
Eileen, that is just soooooo cool! You don't see them very often, and how thoughtful of your GF!

quiltingtrish
December 1st, 2014, 10:54 PM
My dad has 2 of those - both me and my sister will get one each. They are really cool!
How sweet of her to think of you.

Sandy Navas
December 2nd, 2014, 12:10 AM
Don't let Jenny Doan near these. You know she has her own special collection, right?

Beautiful!!

MayinJerset
December 2nd, 2014, 04:47 AM
What a nice Thank You gift. I used to have several of those irons, wonder where they could be.

Iris Girl
December 2nd, 2014, 06:02 AM
What a thoughtful gift! I also have one.

Pat.W
December 2nd, 2014, 06:43 AM
What a nice Thank You gift. I used to have several of those irons, wonder where they could be.

I wonder if they were stolen and ended up in Dunham Massey (National Trust House, UK)? I tried to lift one of those, better than a gym workout! :D

Bubby
December 2nd, 2014, 09:02 AM
Those are awesome! Did you know that Jenny collects old irons? She has one wall in her office at M* filled with old/antique irons.

irishrn
December 2nd, 2014, 09:50 AM
Those are awesome! Did you know that Jenny collects old irons? She has one wall in her office at M* filled with old/antique irons.

I did mention to my GF that Jenny collected old ones! I was so excited when I got them!
And they are very heavy!! Show a bit of wear but not too much. It was a nice surprise.
We worked together for many years and were private duty nurses to each other during our surgeries!
She is a special friend!!