PDA

View Full Version : Lilly's surgery is today

dwil23
December 1st, 2014, 07:09 AM
You may remember in August I asked for prayers for 15 month old Lilly who had been diagnosed with Stage 3 Liver Cancer. Her outlook was about 50/50 with a near 100% chance of the chemo destroying her hearing.

I am so happy to report that the chemo has shrunk the tumor so much that they are going to be able to remove it and will only have to cut into one lobe of her liver! Initially, her whole liver was involved, but the chemo and radiation have done their job - it is truly a miracle!!! And.....she was tested this week and her hearing is 100% - no loss!

So, today she is at Children's Hospital in Cincinnati where she will undergo her liver surgery to remove the small bit of tumor that is left. Thanking you all for your prayers and praying for guidance for the surgeon and a safe operation for Lilly. She has been through a lot, but thankfully, won't remember any of it because she is so young.

MayinJerset
December 1st, 2014, 07:20 AM
May her guardian Angel keep watch over her and that the surgery is successful and little Lilly can recover and grow up and have a good life.

share60
December 1st, 2014, 07:35 AM
What blessed news! May the Almighty guide the surgeons hand.we are praying for a safe and full recovery for your darling Lilly Love and sending prayers and positive thoughts for all of you xx
Shareen

Blondie
December 1st, 2014, 07:36 AM
Donna, thanking you from the bottom of my heart for this update and thanking all the other precious ones here who have been keeping Lily in prayer. as well.
this is a wonderful way to start my week, month off. Smiles and hugs all around with prayers continuing.

Suzette
December 1st, 2014, 08:52 AM
Praising God for this truly miraculous outcome! I will continue to keep this sweet little angel and her family in my prayers.

Bubby
December 1st, 2014, 08:59 AM
Wonderful new for Lilly and her family. They have my prayers for her surgery and recovery. This sounds like a Christmas miracle.

Sandy Navas
December 1st, 2014, 10:50 AM
Definitely have her in my prayers.

Dollyquilts
December 1st, 2014, 11:40 AM
What fantastic news and right in time for Christmas. Lilly and your whole family will be in my prayers.

Carrie J
December 1st, 2014, 12:09 PM
Though coming to the Forum late, I surely will keep you, Lilly and the entire family and her attending physicians in my thoughts and prayers. Truly wonderful news!

Amy R
December 1st, 2014, 12:57 PM
That is a miracle!!! Amen!!!

ejgilly
December 1st, 2014, 01:11 PM
Praise for the miracle and prayers for a successful surgery and full recovery. God Bless.

Gina
December 1st, 2014, 02:18 PM
Great news! Praying for Lilly and family!

Over40momma
December 1st, 2014, 02:21 PM
This is just such wonderful news!!! Keeping the prayers going for a successful surgery and a complete recovery.

Madeforyouinma11
December 1st, 2014, 02:23 PM
That is great news! Keeping Lilly in my prayers for a full recovery.

asta
December 1st, 2014, 02:25 PM
Prayers for Lily and her family. It is such a shame that the sweet children need to feel so much pain, may she make a swift recovery and remain cancer free.

JudyAnn
December 1st, 2014, 02:30 PM
God is good! All the TIME! Praise Him for holding your precious baby in His loving and healing hands. Yet, another Christmas Miracle.

irishrn
December 1st, 2014, 07:44 PM
I hope all went well today! It is so stressful for the family! Hugs to all""

Simply Quilting
December 1st, 2014, 07:45 PM
That is great news. Hope everything went well today.

SuzyQue
December 1st, 2014, 07:56 PM
Praises and prayers from here. God knows exactly what is needed and He will provide! Please keep us updated!

dwil23
December 1st, 2014, 08:25 PM
UPDATE!!!

From her Facebook page (Loving Lilly):

Lilly's surgery was a success and they have removed the tumor from her liver with clean margins! She is in the ICU now sleeping, and has a epidural for pain management. The surgeon said she lost very little blood and everything went smoothly. God was definitely watching over us today, thank you everyone for your sweet thoughts and prayers We should be in the ICU for a day or two then sent to a step down unit.

Lilly is the granddaughter of my sister's friend. Thanks to all for the prayers!

Claire Hallman
December 1st, 2014, 08:32 PM
What great news.

JudyAnn
December 1st, 2014, 08:38 PM
This brings tears to my eyes. Both of our grandsons are cancer survivors, so I do know the pain! Praise GOD ... and what great news for your Lilly and her family. Imagine what a blessed Christmas they will have now!

Juliet Taylor
December 1st, 2014, 08:52 PM
Sending a lot of love to Lilly and her family

Dollyquilts
December 2nd, 2014, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the update. Sounds like a good result. My prayers will continue for Lilly and her family.

Dolly

easyquilts
December 2nd, 2014, 09:09 AM
Cincinnati Children'sis the BEST... Lots of prayers will be said for Lilly nd her caregivers today....

I'm thrilled that therehsbeenno Bering loss! Great need....

Blessings...

Monique
December 2nd, 2014, 01:37 PM
More prayers for Lilly.

rebeccas-sewing
December 2nd, 2014, 01:54 PM
Why does a 15 month-old child get liver cancer is what I want to know. I just don't understand why this happens. I am so happy to hear the report is such a positive one. Thanks for the update.

songbird857
December 2nd, 2014, 01:55 PM
Such good news! :)

ScrappyKathy
December 2nd, 2014, 03:15 PM
Praise The Lord for sweet Lilly! My son was diagnosed with bile duct cancer 9/23/14 and is undergoing radioembolization as we speak. We are praying the radiation shrinks the tumor to give him so relief from the pain and extends his quality of life.

BellasQuilts
December 2nd, 2014, 09:32 PM
The miracles of Christmas! This is very exciting news indeed. God bless the little children.

quiltingtrish
December 2nd, 2014, 10:21 PM
Such great news to hear on Lilly. Prayers are coming for her recovery.

Kathy - I also have your son in my prayers. I'm so sorry to hear he is going through all that.