PDA

View Full Version : no quilting/sewing but prunes/tomatoes

mamaquilt
August 20th, 2011, 05:28 PM
This is one of those garden weekends. No sewing or quilting. I'm dreaming of prunes and tomatoes, as well as some wool.
Friday prune picking at a friend. Picked for about 3 hours. Saturday made some prune cake, some marmelade, and deep froze about 15 kg prunes.
Canned also some tomatoes. Then a friend brought me some leftover wool. That was a delight to sort that bag out and I spent a whole Saturday evening planning what to do with it.
Tomorrow we'll have to pick the hazelnuts and also some black berries. But only when the weather stays that way.
So have a nice weekend.

quilter.martha
August 20th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Oooh, all your goodies look great! I especially drooled over all that yarn! What a pile of fun that's gonna be! Happy creating.

Bubby
August 20th, 2011, 07:26 PM
What wonderful pictures!! Thanks for sharing....I can almost smell the cake and the jam. What a wonderful day for you...Barb

Sandy Navas
August 20th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I'm wanting a ticket to Europe. I think I want to hang out with you for a while. Love the fruits of your weekend.

janluna
August 20th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Me too! I'll bring my knitting machine! Hugs, Jan L.

bec
August 21st, 2011, 12:23 AM
Sounds like you've been busy. Your prune cake and marmalade look delicious! So did you decide what you are going to do with your yarn?

Txgrandma
August 21st, 2011, 05:56 AM
Yummy the cake and marmalade look wonderful. It looks like you have been one very busy lady. I have a friend that would go nuts over all that yarn. Be sure and post pictures of something you make with it.

Biglucyfan
August 21st, 2011, 09:38 AM
Wow me too I just got done canning 10 jars of Strawberry jam, 15 jars of grape jam and now I am working on the tomatoes, but when winter comes I will be glad I did it.

mamaquilt
August 21st, 2011, 07:42 PM
Well I was still planning with all my yarn tonight, but I've got already one idea.
As DH plays theater, they need sort of a funny mask for a bank robber. I'm going to knit a real yellow one. The play is sort of a crime and comedy. Looking forward to it, I'm sure going to post a picture.
We'll be going for the last chemo tomorrow. Hopefully all those chemo did help. We're both glad it is over.
I also have my last hand therapy tomorrow. I won't show the therapist the picture of me hanging in that prune tree. But cleaning all the prunes kept my hand mowing over the weekend.
Have a nice week all of you quilting ladies

Monique
August 21st, 2011, 08:30 PM
I will be arriving with Sandy.

mamaquilt
August 22nd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Monique/Sandy - No problem, but do tell me in advance ok.
have a nice day all of you

mamaquilt
August 22nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
Sorry Jan, I forgot to mention you in my former reply. Naturally you may come too, and with your knitting machine, as I sold mine a couple of years ago. I'm sure we'll have fun
greetings from Luxembourg