PDA

View Full Version : Update on Ozziepuppy

Rhonda D. Matzker
November 29th, 2014, 05:59 PM
I talked to Ozzipuppy and her daughter today and she has been very sick since her last post and has not been on the forum. She said the chemo treatments have made her very sick. Her daughter said she appreciates all of the gifts and cards that she has received but that she has not felt well enough to post anything on here as of late.

With this update, let us keep lifting our friend up in prayer. Let us also lift her family in prayer as they sit with their loved one who is going through this terrible ordeal.

Rhonda

Rhonda D. Matzker
November 29th, 2014, 06:16 PM
From Ozziepuppy's Sad News Post

"Just wanted to give you another update. I am sorry I haven’t been in touch—have been dealing with severe chemo side effects. Have had first chemo session—6 different medications (one at a time)—for about 8 1/2 hours. The portacathether worked well which was a relief. Got the Neulasta shot (stimulates bone marrow) the following day. The Neulasta shot did not hurt when it was being administered, but it has its own major side effects (severe all-pervasive pain at first, and then more specific pain later). Have had to go back twice for an additional day of IV’s due to extreme nausea/vomiting and dehydration. They keep adding (and taking away) meds and I now have 6 different pills and two different skin patches, most of which are to help control the nausea/vomiting. Nothing has been completely effective, although the nausea seems to be mostly under control for now. I am still extremely fatigued, continue to have pain, have developed mild tardive dyskenesia (a side effect of one of the anti-nausea drugs, now discontinued), have difficulty thinking (“chemo brain”), and have lost my hair. My oncologist has delayed the next chemo session in order to “get things under control” first. He is going to lower the chemo dosage levels next time, has scheduled post-chemo hydration / anti-nausea IV’s in advance, has prescribed several new medications, and is also adding a new anti-nausea drug to the next chemo session (which has been rescheduled for Dec. 2). Have a follow-up appointment with the surgeon Dec. 1. Have to go in for lab work every week and so far results have been “good” although somewhat variable.

I have received many wonderful cards and heartfelt gifts from my "forum family" and I have just been too sick to get online or to write thank you's (my big accomplishment these days is taking a daily shower, it seems). I appreciate your prayers and wonderful unexpected beautiful and thoughtful presents. Just because you have not heard from me does not mean I haven't cried and been amazed at the outpouring of love and support from this group. I appreciate everything you all have done and it means so much to me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

The next chemo session is Dec. 2 and I am dreading it but there is no choice and there will me no choice for many months to come. I feel sick and scared and wonder if I will ever, ever feel normal again. I guess the good news is that the surgery pain is much much better and all is healing very well except where the drain tubes were. Maybe with all of the changes that are being made the next session won't be so bad but people keep saying it is "cumulative" which implies that it could be worse.

Anyway thank you all again for all that you have done--it is very special to me and means more than I can say!!!"

KnitWitRosie
November 29th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Thoughts and prayers being sent!

Amy R
November 29th, 2014, 07:13 PM
I feel so bad and we are praying still.

Madeforyouinma11
November 29th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Thank you for the update. Will continue to send good thoughts and prayers.

dwil23
November 29th, 2014, 07:57 PM
I guess I missed the original post on this sad situation. I am praying now for her.

stationarymom
November 30th, 2014, 02:21 AM
I hope you feel better soon.Continued prayers here.

Monique
November 30th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the update. Continued prayers for sure.

CarolynK
November 30th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Sending thoughts and prayers!

ravelim
November 30th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Thoughts and prayers going your way.

Simply Quilting
November 30th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Thank you for the update. I will continue to praying.

Suzette
November 30th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Appreciate the update and continue to keep you lifted in prayer!!

jjkaiser
November 30th, 2014, 01:21 PM
You will get thru this somehow. Think one day at a time. I am sorry for all the pain you are going through. Cancer treatment is so grueling--you wonder how much more your body can take but amazingly you will endure. Hugs.

auntiemern
November 30th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Prayers continuing. I do hope the docs can find the right combo, that both helps get rid of the cancer, yet keeps you from being so ill.

Bubby
November 30th, 2014, 06:24 PM
My thoughts are prayers are with you...I pray that you will be feeling better soon. (((HUGS)))) and prayers....Barb

Gina
December 1st, 2014, 03:10 AM
Continued Prayers! :icon_hug:

Over40momma
December 1st, 2014, 03:10 PM
It's a hard battle sweetie, but you will get through it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :icon_hug:

GrammaBabs
December 2nd, 2014, 11:05 AM
Your in my thoughts... stay strong dear girl... hang in there! GB

Marebear
December 2nd, 2014, 11:19 AM
Good thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

GlendaM
December 2nd, 2014, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the update. Will continue to pray! HUGS!!!

SallyO'Sews
December 2nd, 2014, 10:57 PM
Thanks, Rhonda, for the update. I will keep praying.