PDA

View Full Version : not over the river.....

bubba
November 29th, 2014, 02:01 PM
but thru the snow to professional tote class I go!!!! What the heck?!?!?!?!? Pat does not like the snow!!!! Make it go away!!! NOW!!!!

Quiltfreestyle
November 29th, 2014, 02:10 PM
LOL. Wish I could make it go away for you. Maybe MM can do it??

toggpine
November 29th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I won't say that I warned you.
It only taunted us here. Probably because we went out and put in the stock tank heaters and covered the faucet covers.
I hope you made it there safely. I know you will knock the class out of the park!

sewelegant
November 30th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Please update us on your class. Inquiring minds want to know!

Hulamoon
November 30th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Yes an update!

Ahamblin
November 30th, 2014, 01:39 AM
Can't wait to hear how the class went. Wish I could have taken part.

bubba
November 30th, 2014, 01:58 AM
Well I made it home a couple hours ago. Three ladies and me are in the class. One had no pattern (!!!!!), one had no soft and stable or interfacing (!!!!!), one had no soft and stable or scissors or 987F (!!!!!!). Come to find out, after the owner had me make a very involved supply list and emailed it to her, she never printed it out to be given to the people who signed up. Oh, I forgot....one isn't even making the Professional Tote!!! She is making the mini, which is different enough that it interrupts me a lot. Had to show her how to do a welted set in zipper first off....grrrrr!

Will be back tomorrow for round two. I wanted everyone done with the outside of their bags today, but only the mini got that far. The others did not have the buckle slides or toggles so we will be doing that tomorrow. Got part of the insides done though, so that will help.

ilive2craft2
November 30th, 2014, 02:02 AM
Glad you are home safe! Sorry that the shop owner did not give out the supply list ahead of time - how frustrating for everyone!

K. McEuen
November 30th, 2014, 03:40 AM
Come to find out, after the owner had me make a very involved supply list and emailed it to her, she never printed it out to be given to the people who signed up. .

I'd have been tempted to smack said shop owner up-side the head with a fully loaded professional tote!

bubba
November 30th, 2014, 04:03 AM
I'd have been tempted to smack said shop owner up-side the head with a fully loaded professional tote!

Had she been there, I'd have been tempted!!! I think this is the last class I'm teaching there.

Doloris
November 30th, 2014, 08:46 AM
WOW. I would let that shop owner know that you are really upset that the class was not better organized. I would not be doing any more classes for her. And 3 people is probably a good number since none of them was prepared for the class. Was the shop open for them to get the supplies they were missing?
Hope you get them on track today.

Grandma G
November 30th, 2014, 10:21 AM
I think this is the last class I'm teaching there.

I don't blame you! What a lack of respect for you by not getting out a supply list to the students. Good grief, it's not like there were 40 people in the class...

Carrie J
November 30th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Wow Pat............no supply list provided? Man that's simply disrespectful to you and the students! Not to mention making your time there teaching quite a bit more stressful! I'm curious was the shop open for them to get the needed materials? So very sorry all this happened, know it had to toast you lot!

sewelegant
November 30th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Pat, that really stinks! I hope today goes much better for you. I don't understand the shop owner's thinking (or lack of). Why ask for a supply list if you're not passing it out. And WHO takes a sewing class & doesn't bring scissors? I wonder if the owner lead the students to believe that everything would be provided for them? Dumb owner, but some pretty flakey students too.

I promise if you ever come to KY to teach a class, I'll have all the correct supplies! :icon_hi:

bubba
November 30th, 2014, 10:24 PM
The shop was open, but didn't have some of the needed things. Also, the one gal did have scissors, but they were the little bird scissors that are for like embroidery, not cutting fabric, batting, etc. She did bring a normal pair today! It did go much better today, however, I'll be meeting with two of them Tuesday so we can finish our bags up. Maybe an hour, two at most.

mpattylou
December 1st, 2014, 12:24 AM
I have seen a professional tote....if it is the same one you are making....that is a big task. One gal in our guild made one and it is beautiful, but I don't see one in my future.