PDA

View Full Version : Saying a slow Hello to Saturday

MayinJerset
November 29th, 2014, 08:35 AM
It's 6:30 am and I'm awake and hopefully can stay awake. I guess many spent yesterday rushing around or but just as many probably were resting like DH and I. Hopefully we have more energy today and are able to get going with our Christmas. Yesterday son took down all of our Christmas stuff from the garage attic space so now I have to decide which tree to set up and what decorations to display. No brainer about the wreaths, have 3 large ones and they go on front door and windows. Time to check out my Christmas list and start thinking of individual gifts for everyone.

What is on tap for your Saturday?

Cathy F
November 29th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Morning all,
Probably first thing on my list is to reorganize my fridge. My daughter and her husband came out last night for a short visit and brought a surprise dinner of pizzas and garlic knots. She bought a new car and picked it up from a dealer here on the island so came out to show us her new beauty.
Between the leftovers from Thanksgiving and their surprise dinner the fridge is packed. Won't have to cook for a few days.
Yesterday was a relatively quiet day. No shopping for me in the stores, don't do crowds anymore, and didn't shop any black Friday sales as there is nothing I really need.
Hoping to get back on track in the sewing room today as there are still a few things I really need to get finished on the " gift list" if I want to meet the deadline I set for myself.
Sending good wishes and healing thoughts to our forum friends that have been dealing with health issues and hugs to those who might need a few extra.

Mpyles
November 29th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Good morning! Day 3 of the crazy restaurant business weekend...the busiest day...off I go! Enjoy your Saturday!

Bubby
November 29th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Morning Everyone,

I'm up extra early this morning cooking a big pot of chicken breasts for the Girls' meals. We happened to run out just at the wrong time. We finished up our leftovers from Thanksgiving, other than some fruit salad and pie, so we will be on some new food this evening. I'm thinking a pot of vegetable beef soup sounds really good.

I'm on the last 3 days of the steroids and as I'm tapering down I see spots beginning to emerge. I see the doctor Monday morning if the ice storm they are calling for doesn't happen. A spinal tap is on my agenda in the near future, but this will be done in Springfield.

We are thinking of how to make our holidays easy and homey this year. There will be no shopping for anything other than gift cards. We may do our tree in white lights and snowflakes only. The ceramic tree always looks good in the living room and a wreath on the front door. That's pretty much all I'm up for this year.

May, take it easy out there in the crowds. Sorry to hear so many are having issues with their Martelli orders. Hopefully they can be resolved without too much fuss.

Wishing everyone a great weekend with Hugs all around.

buckeyequilter
November 29th, 2014, 09:42 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/Margie077/Pictures002/Winter2.gif

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!

Mpyles
November 29th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Continued prayers for your healing Barb!

quiltingtrish
November 29th, 2014, 09:58 AM
It's snowing again here so inside I stay! Granted, it looks like it won't amount to much but everything is already covered which means it is probably slick. Hitting the quilt room today and hopefully get some photos downloaded.

One year I saw a movie where the whole house was strung in white lights and it was beautiful. So, that's what I did. I had lots of white lights I had bought on sale from the year before and put them on the tree, over the doorways and arches, thru the kitchen and it looked pretty darn good. Even the kids liked it. When I put them all away, I left up a strand over the back deck door and use them as a night light thru the year. We only have to replace the strand about once or twice a year.

I'm cooking the turkey today since we had ham on Thursday. Odie goes back to college tomorrow, so he will still get some turkey before he goes.
Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Ginny B
November 29th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Good morning. Yes May, yesterday was pretty much a rest day for me. DS#2 was here until late afternoon and ds#1 and granddog are still here. They will be going home tomorrow. Last night dh and I watched a couple of old movies on TCM so it was a nice relaxing evening.

This morning dh needs to go back to the eye doctor and they are going to dilate his eyes so I will go with him to drive home. Maybe I can convince ds and dh to get the lights up outside this afternoon. I need to get into my sewing room and finish a small quilt for Monday.

Guess I'd better get myself moving along now. Have a wonderful day everyone

Sandy Navas
November 29th, 2014, 10:33 AM
No quiet day here - my washing machine was going all day long, as was the vacuum cleaner and dishwasher. Is today the day I get to rest?

I spent some time, also, looking at everything available at Missouri Star, seeing if anything piqued my fancy to order so I got some freebies. Finally found a FQ stack in their sale items, and then another (smaller) with Dr. Seuss that I ordered. Have in mind a bunch of PICU quilts . . . Now if I'd just pull out the fabric I bought last March for some PICU quilts . . . and get busy cutting and stitching.

So, the house is fairly clean, the refrigerator isn't bulging (no big cooking here), there's enough clean underwear to last us until Christmas, and the dog has been brushed. I guess, if I'm good, I'll get to play in the sewing lounge today.

irishrn
November 29th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Good morning all!
It cold here in NC? 32 degrees but expected to go to mid 50's today. Need to make a trip to town for our meds and a few items. But it can wait till the temp gets up a bit! Spent yesterday cleaning out the bedroom closet. But only my side as DH insists his is just perfect! ( not so but I don't wish to take on that fight right now)
Got clothes for good will and more garbage!
I have 3/4 of the sewing room redone. That part looks great! Now to the last quarter before tackeling the walk in closet!
It has become the dumping ground for all things not needed in addition to the fabric and batting storage!
I did have a box of stuff the kids went thru on Thursday and they found a use for about half of it so that's good!
Need to wash up some red fabric today, then some black before cutting it!
Trying to get things done each day without sending my fibromyalgia into high gear! It has been behaving of late and I don't need to get it stirred up. The cymbalta has been very effective so far.
So I hope all have a great weekend! Hugs to all who need them!!

CarolynK
November 29th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Good Morning!
Yesterday was a full day of quilting and sewing. I made a tree skirt for our Christmas tree and started FMQ on it. It leaves a little to be desired, but I'm getting better at it. Pictures later today if I get it done.

I didn't cook this year and didn't do Black Friday at all even from M*. There isn't a suit of armor or a Sherman Tank big enough for me to brave the crowds! I know my limits.

I ordered a big stash a month ago from M* when they had their Halloween sale so I didn't NEED anything just yet. But there was a lot of fabric and stuff I wanted. Patience. Not one of my greatest virtues, but I refrained.

It's going to be really nice here today and then the bottom drops out tomorrow so I'm hoping to stay put and get my chores done and more sewing and quilting projects.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Carolyn

Amy R
November 29th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Last day here so I'm pretty sad. Tomorrow brings a long trip again. Little one has been so good. She loves her aunts and uncles and grandparents so much. I hate that we have to live so far away.
I aggravated my torn meniscus so it's been painful. Hoping it falls back into place like last time.
Not looking forward to going home to deal with a leaking water heater and isolation.
Just have to put it out of the mind and enjoy our Saturday.
Bubby I hope the spots don't continue to come back.
Hugs and prayers to you all. You guys mean so much!

Mom23
November 29th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Good Morning All,

I swore I wasn't going to go shopping on Black Friday but I caved and went. The mattress store had 60% off so I finally got us a new bed mattress. When I was leaving I noticed the Wal Mart parking lot was just over half full. Went in and walked around but really couldn't think of what to buy. I checked out the line for the new iPhone but it wasn't moving so I left. Had lunch with mom for her birthday and shopped with her a little. We went back to Wal Mart and while she shopped I got the new iPhone 6. They had a great deal and there was no line!

My family was here for dinner Thursday, shopped yesterday, and hubby's family comes for dinner tonight. I so much look forward to doing absolutely nothing tomorrow!

I ordered so much from Craftsy when they had their sale, and from Joanne's last week, I didn't do any online shopping yesterday. M*QC, Fat Quarter Shop and Green Fairy Quilts all had very tempting deals but I have so much to get done I refrained from buying. UPS delivered my two rolls of batting and 10 yards of fabric from Joanne's yesterday. I can't believe it came so fast!

Have a wonderful weekend and Blessings to All!

Carrie J
November 29th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Morning All!:D Nice and windy here, temps will be in the 70's then in a couple of days, torrential rains for three days then a drop in temps. Love the "up/down" weather, wish it could just get cold stay there! Cleaning out the fridge today, vacuum sealing what's left of the turkey (bought some extra wings and legs for broth) so when the time comes for some turkey noodle soup, voila - done! Back to normal food, DH will be disappointed in that, as all the "sweets" are right up his alley. Christmas shopping, what we do of it, was done several weeks ago, as quilts are the main presents this year. Glad they're done. Nothing much special going on here, other than sewing. And possibly another movie this evening we've had in the que. Barb, continued prayers for you, Amy safe travels home, Eileen good luck on the "closet adventure-lol! Hugs and blessings to all, and especially those that need them! :D

BellasQuilts
November 29th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Good morning all. Barb, continued prayers going out for you.

Yesterday took the DGD out for a walk in her stroller while mom did a family photoshoot. Nice walk and everyone oohed and aahed over baby. She is going to be a looker. Think Gerber baby - dark hair and blue eyes. sigh. she stole my heart.

Today is homework. Taking an online class to get certified as a Global Business Professional. It's the norm now in the industry, so need to get certified as well.

DH made his infamous Turkey Soup last night. It is cooking away this AM and the house smells wonderful. Fridge is stuffed with leftovers and I don't have to cook for a week! Yay.

It froze last night and it will be 71 today. This time of year the weather will drive you nuts. Too hot,too cold, then everyone gets sick.

Hugs to all and prayers for all that need them.
Megan

pcbatiks
November 29th, 2014, 09:58 PM
It's late in the day to check in..........just wanted to mention a really good movie. We watch Nebraska on Netflix last night and really enjoyed it. I bought some pretty fabric at a garage sale today....my semi black friday shopping. :D ....and I'm eating a bowl of ice cream with melted chocolate chips right now. It's been a good day. :)