PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE & THANKS

Bubby
November 28th, 2014, 02:11 PM
As we were counting and recounting our many blessings yesterday, the MSQC forum and the wonderful members were mentioned numerous times. Extra special thanks to our Blondie & Sandy, whose steadfast prayers and encouragement kept me (and Jeff) going.

I wanted to take a minute and thank all of you who showered me with get well cards during my recent illness and hospitalization. I suspect that a few cards may be waiting for me to pick up at the hospital and I will stop by there Monday when I am in town for a doctor visit to check.

Thank you all for your prayers, well wishes and warm thoughts. At times like these friends, family and support mean so much.

Wishing you all a fantastic holiday season. Barb & Jeff Oaker

Sandy Navas
November 28th, 2014, 02:24 PM
You want to know what is so amazing Barb? It's people like you, whom we've never had the opportunity to meet face-to-face, who show us what the wonderful world of quilting is all about. It's not just stitching some fabric together and making something to keep us warm, it's the joy of giving, the art of sharing, the comfort that words convey no matter the distance. In so many ways you've shown all of us that special trait and talent!!

Still have the prayers going - and I'll keep them going for both you and Jeff!!

GrammaBabs
November 28th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Ditto...It's all what makes M* so special,,,from the top (business) to the forum... Love to all..:)GB

Dollyquilts
November 28th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Barb, Sandy said it so eloquently. Still praying for you and Jeff. I'm so glad to see you feeling well enough to post. We thank you; it's not the other way around. We value your presence and friendship on the forum, plus the example of your strength and fortitude.

Dolly

auntiemern
November 28th, 2014, 03:06 PM
I am just happy you are home, and hopefully on the road to recovery. This is such a special place.

Bubby
November 28th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Here are a few more special thanks for cards that came in the mail today...

Thank you Carol L (Sewbizzy) and such a good friend); Cathy F, such a beautiful card, Vickie B loved the dog; Shirley (Buckeye), and sweet Joy (JCY) for an envelope packed full of encouragement, scriptures and music.

Thanks and hugs to all of you.....Barb

irishrn
November 29th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Barb, So glad you are feeling better. This is a tricky virus to navigate so I hope all goes well in your recovery. The balance of rest and activity is also so important.
Based on my conversation with my brother who had a rash and fatigue for the past few weeks, I'm wondering if he is not in the same situation. He is seeing an immunology doctor Monday (finally) because his GP doesn't know what is wrong with him. He's been on and off steroids and Zyrtec but the rash/hives continue. He hates going to the doctor and is so stubborn! But this has him concerned too!
So post when you can and hugs to you!! Take it easy when you need too!!

CARRIE M
November 29th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Barb, so good to hear from you. I hope you and Jeff had a quiet and peaceful holiday. I hope too that you are on the road to recovery and that the worst is behind you.

Iris Girl
November 29th, 2014, 07:12 PM
So good to hear from you. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Keeping holidays low key seems a good idea. Just relax no stress for both of you. Hoping the worst is behind you now.

MBCA
November 30th, 2014, 01:33 AM
Great seeing you back, prayers to continue in your recovery.