PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FOR: PRINCESS COSTUMES OR ANIMAL COSTUMES

Monique
November 28th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Hello friends.

My DIL and I would like to make a 'tickle trunk' for Maizyn. She loves to dress up but the problem is her size. She wears 6x-7. Anything will do.

Would any of you have any left over costumes you no longer need or want that might fit this little girl.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can cover the cost of postage if need be.

Thanks in advance.

Monique

RockinLou
November 30th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I can suggest some patterns, but I don't have anything ready made that I could get to you...

Candy Castle Patterns Princess dress can become any Princess with the right adjustments, there are also some that have a skirt / bodice as two separate pieces.. Create Kids Couture (I think... But I could double check.) both go well beyond her size!

songbird857
November 30th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I don't have anything left that small since my girls are now 22 and 19 :)
Try the thrift store - you may find some usable items!

mpattylou
November 30th, 2014, 03:54 PM
The after Halloween sales are good places to pick up costumes for dress up. Resale shops might still have some...and they would be cheap now. Online sites have all Halloween costumes discounted.

Vonnie
November 30th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Hello friends.

My DIL and I would like to make a 'tickle trunk' for Maizyn. She loves to dress up but the problem is her size. She wears 6x-7. Anything will do.

Would any of you have any left over costumes you no longer need or want that might fit this little girl.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can cover the cost of postage if need be.

Thanks in advance.

Monique

Sorry - no costumes here.

But, this reminds of something similar that a neighbor did. She has two girls and the youngest is a girlie girl. Loves dress-ups. There's a tea room in the next town that specializes in little girls tea parties. They have a big trunk full of old style dresses and big hats that the girls can dress up in. She arranged for a birthday party there and she and her friends had a blast.

I agree about going to the second hand stores and yard sales - no telling what treasures you will find. Just one word of advice - get some larger sizes too because they grow so fast. Plus, if you have several sizes - maybe she can have a tea party too!

I raised boys. I used to buy them new pj's that served as costumes also. They had a collection of them till they outgrew them. Several of them came with velcro attached capes. Still remember them pretending to fly around the house as Batman and Superman! Now they are 24 and 30 and don't dress up any more except in suits for special occasions.

Just remembered. DH and I were in a thrift store just after Halloween and they had rack of costumes for a $1 each. Hopefully the thrift stores near you still have some.

Don't forget to include a tea service! How fun! Maybe someday I will have granddaughters! Or grandsons! I'm not picky - I'll take either! I don't even have a grandpet!

Monique
December 1st, 2014, 10:04 AM
Thank you everyone.