PDA

View Full Version : Update and Thanks!

Musical_Starling
November 28th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Hello all! I know, I've been MIA for a while, I've just had no news and no sewing to report of so I've felt like quite the stick in the mud. But, I had to come and say thank you for all of the prayers and well wishes this past week and give a quick update on my situation.

As some of you know, I have subglottic stenosis and have been battling this beast with balloon dilations of my trachea every two/three months since May of last year. As of today, I have had 9 in total, two just this month in fact (one on the 10th and one on Tuesday, the 25th) but am sad to report that they are no longer working :( Once the balloon deflates, so does my airway, and the stenosis (narrowing where there is scar tissue) just collapses back in on itself. BUT! It isn't all bad news! I am a candidate for a tracheal resection, and it will be done early in the new year! :D So my breathing still sucks for now, the easiest way to describe it is that I am breathing through a straw instead of a full-sized airway, but that will all change very soon! The doctors in Toronto are very optimistic and I am SO ready to get my life back! I will have a Montgomery t-tube in place for three months after the surgery, but even that can't deter me.

Thank you all SO much for the well wishes and prayers and thoughts, they worked!! I enjoyed reading each and every one and am so thankful to have found such a great place with even greater people :) You are all so awesome!! I have lots of projects waiting in the wings as I have gotten very little done in the past year and a half, so expect lots and lots and LOTS from me next year. Maybe I'll have to challenge Jean for her "Sewing Machine" title ;)

quiltingtrish
November 28th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Even with no sewing - it's good to see you back here, Dee. I am so glad they will fix you up at the beginning of the year - let us know when and we will be praying for you. Also, can't wait to see your projects coming to life when you can back to it.

Hugs,

Angelia
November 28th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Soon you will breathe easily--what a blessing.

pcbatiks
November 28th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Yay Dee, so happy & relieved to hear that they have you scheduled for the surgery! You've waited so long. Thanks for letting us know.....it's good to see you here again. :)

Monique
November 28th, 2014, 12:40 PM
DEE that is great news. I NEED YOUR ADDRESS!!!!!!

MRoy
November 28th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Welcome back Dee! I'm glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel coming soon for you.

Lonna
November 28th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Welcome back Dee you have been missed.

Grandma G
November 28th, 2014, 12:47 PM
So good to see you posting!! I am so happy that there is encouraging medical news for you. You have really had a struggle for too long. Many prayers for you and just know you have truly been missed.

ilive2craft2
November 28th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Dee - it is sooo good to "see" you!!! Glad that you will soon have some relief. I am sure it will be awhile healing from the surgery, but to be able to breathe freely again will be so worth it! You are still in my prayers. Hugs, Lisa

New York Sue
November 28th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Dee, so great to hear from you again! Happy to hear that a resolution is near!

Sandy Navas
November 28th, 2014, 02:31 PM
WOW - that's the best news I've had today!!! Keeping the good thoughts going . . .

Simply Quilting
November 28th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Glad that you will be able to be back to your old self shortly. Praying everything goes well with the surgery and that you stay healthy this winter.

Granny Judy
November 28th, 2014, 05:19 PM
What great news to have a solution in the wings and to have you here with us.. Hugs.. And I need your address, too!!! Watch your pms for my request.

Lindagie
November 28th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Great news; sending prayers that all goes well with your surgery! Great to hear from you again.

Iris Girl
November 28th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Welcome back Dee. I have missed you. So happy you are getting an operation to correct the problem and you will be able to breathe better soon.

Sheena
November 29th, 2014, 06:01 AM
That's great news.