PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving day

Monique
November 27th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Good morning dear friends.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here. Have a wonderful and safe day.

Today we are joining friends BECAUSE there is football on TV. Then hubby has a Christmas Party to attend tonight. I am hoping to get to the nearly new sale this morning because I need a new winter coat that fits. Seems like the one I have has shrunk.

Other than that, not too much happening. Oh, Maizyn called to say she lost another tooth. She did not go to school yesterday because her mom's back was sore and could not walk her to school. So she tells me that I need to go back to her house because she needs me there. So precious.

Have a wonderful turkey day everyone.

Carlie Wolf
November 27th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Monique and all. Enjoy the day and get a little relaxing in if you can :-)

Sandy Navas
November 27th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Today I will be thankful for stretch waist bands.

Now, Monique, get yourself over there and spend some more special time with Maizyn.

buckeyequilter
November 27th, 2014, 10:24 AM

Just stopping in to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. It's almost time to put big bird in the oven. Have a wonderful day!

GrammaBabs
November 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Everyone enjoy your Thanksgiving! A great day to remind us of the blessings we have.. I will spend it with dear friends this year because the family is doing "very important and beneficial things to and for their lives".... somethings that have been long awaited.. It is a little different,, but it should make all the coming years that much more enjoyable... Hug your loved ones,, and know that I'm thinking of all my "quilting buddies" today and always..:) Barbara

Mom23
November 27th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!! This is my favorite holiday. The turkey is in the oven and I'm heading out to Mass. Life is good.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 27th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Happy T-day! I am thankful for each one of you! My forum friends are very important to me! You are just like family to me!

ravelim
November 27th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Happy thanksgiving to everyone. Even tho we have snow and it is cold,the sun is shiny causing the snow to look like diamonds all sparkling in the snow. What a beautiful sight. Greetings.

Shirley
November 27th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Happy Thanksgiving! I love my forum friends. Have a wonderful day and hug those loved ones tight.

Bubby
November 27th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday also. Wishing everyone here a fantastic day of good food, good friends and family. We will make a few calls later this morning and wake the sleepyheads on the west coast up! Our meal will be simple this year but it will have all the components of turkey, cranberries, dressing and pumpkin pie. The Girls have already taken up their stations in the kitchen to supervise the event.

Hugs To Everyone...... Barb, Jeff, Dottie & Olive Oaker

Amy R
November 27th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to you!!! We made it safe and sound to NC and will enjoy ourselves!!

Genny
November 27th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my forum friends!

Navy Wife
November 27th, 2014, 11:47 AM
We will be going to Knoxville for dinner with our sons and families. GGD, aged 2, will be there along with DIL's new kitten. It should be an interesting day. I'm thankful not to have to clear the house for a 2 year old! But mostly I'm thankful to have our boys nearby, and DD is only 7 hours. Children are always important, but more so when you get old!

irishrn
November 27th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Today is a good day to say thank you for all the laughs, hugs and joy the forum family brings to one another!
And to thank the M* family for all of their love and support for the quilting addicts out there!
This is our version of a QNA meeting!! ( quilters not anonymous)
So enjoy today because tomorrow will be our step one. Buy fabric
Step two buy fabric. Etc. etc.
hugs to all who need them! And I am grateful for the elastic in my waistband too!!

Carrie J
November 27th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Turkey is done, just have to enjoy my coffee then finish up the mea for a 1ish meall. Today I'm very thankful for all the fun and laughs and new friends here on the Forum and Jenny and the M* family. Kids won't be here, just Hubs and myself. Even though it'll not be the usual hustle and bustle, laughter and such, we'll catch up with that at Christmas time. Hope everyone near and far has a great Holiday today! Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially those that need them :D

Grandma G
November 27th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I am hoping to get to the nearly new sale this morning because I need a new winter coat that fits. Seems like the one I have has shrunk.

I don't know about you but chocolate makes MY clothes shrink!! And that warning is no where to be seen on the packaging!!! lol

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my forum friends! I am so thankful to have you in my life. You have made such a difference. When I retired I felt guilty for not working and there was only so much housework to be done. Literally stumbled across a Jenny tutorial on YouTube while looking for how to videos on stained glass making. Well got over the stained glass thing real fast after watching Jenny. She led me to the MSQC forum and for me, the rest is history. I guess quilting is like stained glass...break things into pieces and put back together!

Anyway, I digress. Many blessings for each and every one of you. Stay safe this holiday weekend and eat all the turkey and fixins you want!!

Much love,
Gerri

shermur
November 27th, 2014, 12:34 PM
I'll just post a video that me laugh....a lot!

http://youtu.be/GT4CdSA95Po

MRoy
November 27th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Wishing you all many blessings today and every day.

rebeccas-sewing
November 27th, 2014, 12:49 PM
That's the biggest turkey I've ever seen! hahaha HAPPY THANKSGIVING, everyone. Enjoy the day, enjoy your friends and family and try not to hurt anyone with your turkey. hahaha

ilive2craft2
November 27th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Turkey is in the roaster, potatoes in the crockpot, pies & apple squares are made, 7 layer salad is done, cheese and sausage cut up. House is clean - I am ready for a nap!! So, I am sipping another cuppa and watching the parade and the snow falling.

Enjoy your family and friends today - even if you are apart! Very thankful for my forum friends!

auntiemern
November 27th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Happy Thanksgiving one and all. Count your blessings, and if you must go shopping this evening (really?) be careful out there...they are crazy times we are living in.

RockinLou
November 27th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you are enjoying this special day!?

Over40momma
November 27th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Have a Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Prayers for those and your loved ones travelling that everyone arrives safe and sound.

Mpyles
November 27th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to All! We intially intended to go to my moms, then mikes mother said she would like to have one at her house so plans switched...and my mother totally understood. Then....well now we are going to mikes brothers house...it will be awkward...as I always feel totally out of place around the brother and his family...he smokes like a chimney and so do 2 of his children...they smoke in there home....hoping since one sis with emphysema will be there..,they will for go that...but doubtful. (I should add I am a smoker...but not in my home and never around non smokers regardless...it's an offensive habit that you should not have to put up with if you don't smoke...Dear Lord please help me to give them up). Anyway that is where DH and I will be...my son and his girlfriend are going to my mothers...no way they will go into the smoke. My dd went to Mississippi with her dorm roommate to spend the holiday there.....so thanksgiving isn't what I am use to...but I will be with my dear heart and I am grateful for this. By the way ...he has lost right at 124 lbs.

All of you have a happy and blessed day!

shermur
November 27th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Dinner was ready at 10:50 am, so....we ate. Food is put away and the dishwasher is running! Now, I can relax the rest of the day!! Maybe get some sewing/quilting done!

ceiliam
November 27th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Shirley if those are your dogs and you got them to dress like that more power to you. Rolls are made so my part is done eating with family and extended family so each is doing different parts of dinner. Way easier. hope you all have the greatest of thanksgiving

Iris Girl
November 27th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and extended sisters and brothers here. Didn't think I would get here today with power outages and then no internet but here I am ! Turkey is in cooking so all is good.

bscuzz
November 27th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all! Our TG dinner will be close by at my daughters but my husband says I can't wear my PJ's so guess I'll have to get dressed. I have all the elastic pants in one area of my closet, so won't have to look too hard. Counting my blessings rather than my waistline!! Can't wait for the stuffing (I made it, I love my stuffing!)! Guess food is on my mind. I'll try to keep my worries on the back burner since I do have a lot to be thankful for - found great and talented people here on the Forum and special thanks to the M* family for giving us this "place" to "meet" and for all of their love and support! Weather here in NJ is . . . well NJ weather!?!?!? Wishes for everyone to be safe and enjoy this Turkey Day! "B" :icon_hug:

Simply Quilting
November 27th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)

We had a nice dinner at our house with my folks. Everything is washed and put away and the leftovers are ready for tonight and tomorrow. Mom brought over one pair of jeans to hem - which didn't take long. Then she wanted me to fix a pair of Dad's jeans but they are not really fixable where they ripped - right at the zipper on down. So I have another pair of jeans to add to my collect of jeans to make a quilt with. I'm just starting so it may take a while to get all the jeans that I need.

I did give Mom part of her Christmas early - a Winter Wonderland Zig Zag table runner. That fabric has been one of my favorites to make table runners from because of the white and red and what the design is, you can put it out December 1 and keep it out until the of February. It works great for three months.

For those traveling, be safe. :)