PDA

View Full Version : Did you get snow?

MayinJerset
November 27th, 2014, 09:44 AM
How much?

Nothing here in our area of Jersey - close to the shore so we often get rain which we did all day yesterday and looks like a little more today. DS drove down from MA, 5-6 hr drive and only a bit of snow in CT.

Until this summer my Sister in law lived in Paw Paw, WV and usually had the whole family over for Thanksgiving, about 20. I know they are all glad she moved to Leesburg VA because Paw Paw received 20" of snow.

Carlie Wolf
November 27th, 2014, 09:48 AM
We didn't get anything where we were in WV. Did see a few cars with some slush dripping off of them but that was few and far between. That made me very happy because I had a few small errands to run out and do :-)

Ginny B
November 27th, 2014, 10:12 AM
No snow here in Levittown yesterday. Just lots of rain too. But this morning when I took granddog out, there were some flurries. :).

Tina W
November 27th, 2014, 10:20 AM
No snow here in CT. We had a little slush but no snow. I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and be safe.:)

Sandy Navas
November 27th, 2014, 10:22 AM
No Missouri snow - but check the weather map out for North Carolina. Blondie, do you swim?

Mom23
November 27th, 2014, 10:39 AM
We got 4 inches in Effingham, IL. That's about 3 1/2 inches more than predicted. It's beautiful looking out my windows today. We live on a hill and my company is planning to sled today. That's a first!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 27th, 2014, 10:44 AM
We got a little over an inch here. One thing we found out, rioters don't like snow, because things were relatively quiet in Ferguson. Hope that lasts, but probably won't. It is supposed to get really warm over the weekend, great protest weather!

CountryHut
November 27th, 2014, 10:49 AM
-- No snow here in NE Florida . . *dang nabbit*~ . . L*~

ravelim
November 27th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Tuesday night we had 4"of snow. Then flurries and about .5" yesterday. Brrrr

Genny
November 27th, 2014, 11:48 AM
We have about 2 inches of snow on the ground and my husband and the crew he works with was called out at 4:00 this morning because of the ice on the roads. He got home about 10 minutes ago so now we can enjoy Thanksgiving.

Navy Wife
November 27th, 2014, 11:53 AM
We're just cloudy here on the west side of the Smokies. Expecting flurries, but no accumulation.

irishrn
November 27th, 2014, 11:57 AM
North Carolina had lots of rain and flooding yesterday but the sun is out now and it is currently 46 degrees and rising! DD and her BF and the grand dog will be traveling just over an hour to get here today. Should arrive around noon.
So it should be a fine day to over cook and over eat!!
Apple pie is done, casseroles are made and the bird has had a bath and ready to pop in the oven!
DH went to bed at 5 am! So he is sleeping now, leaving me time to tidy up and get a few mins for myself before the festivities!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

rebeccas-sewing
November 27th, 2014, 01:01 PM
California remains on the warm side. Snow is so alien to me these days. It never feels like holiday time living in this part of the world. I live vicariously through you all when I hear about all the snow you've gotten and the changing of the seasons. I'm not complaining mind you. It's just that I'm a born and bred easterner living in the west and I've never really felt like I fit here. Anyway, we're off to San Diego. I just didn't feel like staying home and cooking for myself, my one daughter and her boyfriend. The kids planned the trip. We have no dinner reservations. I laugh to myself when I imagine us walking the streets most likely carrying a turkey sandwich in our hands. hahaha

RockinLou
November 27th, 2014, 02:04 PM
We had 6 inches on Tuesday here in Kazakhstan... But we'll get snow on and off until March. I just hope they figure out getting the heat pumping in our kids' bedrooms better before we get into the sub-zero temps overnights.

Over40momma
November 27th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Flurries when I woke up this morning, left just a dusting on the ground. Mild today so it is melting pretty fast.

quiltingtrish
November 27th, 2014, 03:06 PM
4 to 5" yesterday. Thankfully DH and son #2 were able to get out at 6 this morning for the turkey trot. They had to put up the directional signs and address the runners and walkers. It's around 40 now so some of it is melting. Sure is pretty out.

Iris Girl
November 27th, 2014, 03:43 PM
It started for us weds morning around 8am. Wet and heavy. We lost power about 1pm right after the apple pie came out of the oven and my roses quilt was finished. Power back on around 7pm. Time to do some dishes and make whip cream and eat one pumpkin pie . Tradition I make 2 one we eat the night before. 7:30 and the power is out again. did not come back on till around 10am today. The Thanksgiving that almost wasn't. Turkey is in the oven and plans are secure. here are a few pictures.
Some pictures from my porch this morning, Me and my Bugger wrapped in the quilt and Bugger when I stepped away to use the bathroom.

dwil23
November 27th, 2014, 05:53 PM
No snow here :(

Marty
November 27th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Nothing in Michigan. Hopefully you will get less than the weathermen are predicting.

SallyO'Sews
November 28th, 2014, 01:14 AM
Here in central Connecticut we got about 4 inches of slushy snow. My 19-year-old went out with his uncle (who owns a plowing business) to shovel around 7 p.m. and returned at 10; went to sleep until 12:30 and got up and went out again until 6:30 this morning. While he slept I put his hat and gloves in the dryer as they were sopping wet and ice cold, so at least they were warm for Round 2, and my husband loaned him his boots, as the pair he had worn earlier in the evening were also sopping wet.
Happily, the snow is now gone, and he can sleep tonight!

MayinJerset
November 28th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Although many inches were predicted all we got was a raining Thanksgiving Day. Cleared up for awhile, just enough for son to attend traditional Thanksgiving Day high school football game. He left shorty before the end of the game as he was pretty sure as his high school team would win as their score was 36 to 2. Nice and sunny for Black Friday and hope it stays that way for awhile.

Sheena
November 29th, 2014, 06:12 AM
I'm so envious of those of you who got snow.

No snow here in Weston Point, England. In fact it's quite warm and sunny.

Can you waft some of your snow over here this year and not keep it all to yourselves?

MayinJerset
November 29th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Sheena, We're blowing as hard as we can and hope some snow wafting over the Pond to you ASAP.