PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving and Friends

Carrie J
November 27th, 2014, 12:23 AM
Well the hustle and bustle of the Holiday is here. Have cooked all the basic things like cornbread for dressing, pies, and made the side salads. You'd think I was cooking for 20! But, I know we'll piece on it for the next few days, at least thru the weekend, then vacuum sealed for the freezer. Today was phone calls and visits from friends, and we gathered at Bonnie's (the one just out of surgery) to cheer her up. Talk about a clutch of hens, LOL! We had a great time, and as we left, two of the girls said, "Hey Carrie, we brought you something. I'm thinking ok, know this group of nut jobs, no tellin' what it is. Once again, I was tickled to pieces. They both had drug out fabrics they'd collected and had no interest or desire in sewing anything with. More fabric stash and when the cooking/eating is done tomorrow and DH is watching football, I get to organize and pet fabric. Life is full of wonderful things and much to be thankful for, it's gonna be a special kind of year since picking up machine quilting. Thank you Jenny, M* and this Forum, I'm one lucky gal, guess Bob was wrong (ROFL) I'm not on the naughty list ;)!

buckeyequilter
November 27th, 2014, 03:18 AM
Happy Thanksgiving...enjoy your dinner and sewing afterwards.

stationarymom
November 27th, 2014, 03:19 AM
I'm glad you didn't find yourself on the naughty list(I'm not sure how you escaped it).
I hope you and yours Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.I don't have to cook until Sunday,going to the in-laws tomorrow.
Enjoy