PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start

Papa
November 26th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I always make pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving. I got all the ingredients ready and the first thing I did was to crack an egg in the bowl and then proceed to drop the egg in the sink and put the shells in the bowl. Thankfully I had another egg in the frig. Everything was okay after that.

Vonnie
November 26th, 2014, 02:14 PM
You are not alone! I did something similar the other day. I dumped a can of green beens in the garbage instead of the bowl! I had my mind on something else instead.

RockinLou
November 26th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Glad to know I am not alone in this absentminded ness!

asta
November 26th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I always make pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving. I got all the ingredients ready and the first thing I did was to crack an egg in the bowl and then proceed to drop the egg in the sink and put the shells in the bowl. Thankfully I had another egg in the frig. Everything was okay after that.

I hate it when that happens!

easyquilts
November 26th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Ahhhh... Your story gives me hope! I do things like that all the time....

rebeccas-sewing
November 26th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Sometimes I find interesting things in the fridge that really don't belong there.

Sharyn J
November 26th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Sometimes I find interesting things in the fridge that really don't belong there.

Yes, my car keys!

Angelia
November 26th, 2014, 04:50 PM
I unwrapped a stick of butter into the trash and took the wrapper to the bowl. *sigh* You are far from alone!

quiltingtrish
November 26th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Me too! haha!

Midge
November 26th, 2014, 05:40 PM
I think we've all done those goofy things. Just too much time pressure is my view.

bubba
November 26th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Better than the day I cracked an egg into a cake mix and there was a little chicken inside!!! I did not eat/buy eggs for a long time!

Lindagie
November 26th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Better than the day I cracked an egg into a cake mix and there was a little chicken inside!!! I did not eat/buy eggs for a long time!

OMG, I can't even imagine what I would have done with that one. I have learned to crack the egg in a separate bowl before adding to any mix since I put a rotten one directly into a pumpkin pie mix once. Gross! Had to pitch it and start over.
I also remember making pumpkin pies one Thanksgiving eve after DH and I had been to a party that evening. I fell asleep and forgot about the pies in the oven until they had baked for about 4 hours. Had to start all over again that time too. I sat right in front of the oven until they were done.

Carrie J
November 26th, 2014, 06:48 PM

My cell phone?...................yep!