PDA

View Full Version : Wake up everyone, It's Thanksgiving Eve....

MayinJerset
November 26th, 2014, 08:43 AM
and the turkeys are defrosting or brining and getting ready to be roasted. Get those veggies and other foods prepped for tomorrow's feast and don't forget the fruit, cider, nuts and desserts! I'll be roasting the turkey and making a pumpkin cheese cake, all the rest will be done by DS#3 and GF coming down from MA. Hope the predicted rain/snow stays at rain or we'll be having Thanksgiving dinner on Friday.

dwil23
November 26th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving to those who don't make it here tomorrow!

I will be working tonight and since it will just be my 2 girls, my sister and myself - we are going out to eat. No fuss. No muss this year - Christmas will be another story.

It started raining here yesterday morning and hasn't stopped. It's now turning cooler - YAY! The rain is supposed to end by mid morning. DD and I have a couple of errands to run - then home to get some sleep before I work again tonight.

Hope everyone has a Blessed day -stay warm - and dry!

share60
November 26th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you may your day be joyful.forget the calories you can always count them tomorrow
Love
Shareen

Madeforyouinma11
November 26th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Today will be all prep and cleaning for tomorrow..Love Thanksgiving, I have so much to be thankful for.

Monique
November 26th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Good morning everyone. I got the jeep started yesterday and now I am back home. I work today so maybe it is a good thing I was able to get home. I did get lots of grandma lovings while I was at the kids. We had our thanksgiving back in October but

To all my AMERICAN friends, Happy Thanksgiving Eve Be safe if you have to travel.

I am thankful to have you all as friends.

MRoy
November 26th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm cooking it all today. It's just DH and me so it will be fairly simple. He'll have his pecan pie and cranberry sauce added to his usual veggies.

ilive2craft2
November 26th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Good Morning! Happy Thanksgiving eve! My SIL arrived last night and our son comes home today, so I am going to put them both to work. :) Our son always makes the pumpkin pies - since he was about 10 or so. He used to help me with them and one year, he said just let me do it, so he has made them almost every year since then. Have a little final cleaning to do and then start on the cooking prep. Making the apple squares today and probably the 7 layer salad tonight.

Also get to go to my nephew's preschool class for some kind of party or something - they could invite a "special person" and after naming 2 characters from a tv show (Paw Patrol), he picked me. :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I have lots of things to be thankful for, including this forum!

Carrie J
November 26th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Good Morning and

to everyone! Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially those that need them!

Iris Girl
November 26th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Good Morning all! Today is pie making day. @ pumpkin pies done, still have an apple and a chocolate cream to make. Hair is colored. Its snowing pretty steady with almost an inch on the ground already. Hubby work is closed till Monday, son will be out of work in 10 mins. So all good here as long as the power stays on. Finished quilting my roses quilt and have the binding made , just need to get it on.
Happy Holidays to all! Stay warm and safe and enjoy the Turkey!

Hugs and healing thoughts going out to all that need them.

grannyann
November 26th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Wishing each and everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
For those of us that lost a love one this year it sure is going to hard. I am going to my daughters and I know it is going to be a weepy day for me. But I will get through the day and know I am Blessed to have my family . Be safe all and God Bless us all and our USA.

ravelim
November 26th, 2014, 12:17 PM
We have had 4" of snow last night and this morning. The last I heard they were predicting 1-2".

I get to sew a while today. Working on DGD quilt. Just adding borders today. I'm really slow but it all comes together.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone.

Angelia
November 26th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Pie making here today, too.
Happy thanksgiving everyone!

fatquarters
November 26th, 2014, 01:16 PM
happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!

toggpine
November 26th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Hubby's home today, so that throws the schedule off a bit. We are heading to the feed store so he can get some seed for the wild birds.
I need to stop by the library to make some enlargements for some patterns.
Hopefully that will be all of the running we'll need to do today. I have the backing for Mom's snowman quilt to dye and I need to start on Dad's quilt. The center of the blocks will be paper pieced, so I'll need to get those traced off too.
Always plenty to do in the sewing room!

I'll let the bread machine mix up the dough for the yeast rolls while I get to work!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Mom23
November 26th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I have so much to be thankful for, especially my quilting friends.

bscuzz
November 26th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I'm envious of all the 'early risers' - some of which were up before I actually fell asleep. But whatever our 'up hours' I'm sure we'll all be busy today. I made my stuffing for my DD to put it in the bird and cook it tomorrow and right now I have an authentic Italian Ricotta Cheesecake in the oven! It's a trial version because (this Southern girl didn't grow up with 'Italian Cheesecake') I need to make sure it's good enough to take to my DGD's Italian night at school next week. I thank God for my many blessings and wish everyone everywhere a "Very Happy Thanksgiving"!!! "B" :icon_bigsmile:

Grandma G
November 26th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Wishing each and everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
For those of us that lost a love one this year it sure is going to hard. I am going to my daughters and I know it is going to be a weepy day for me. But I will get through the day and know I am Blessed to have my family . Be safe all and God Bless us all and our USA.

Ann - I have been thinking about you today and the loss of your beloved husband. I know tomorrow is going to be a rough day for you as will Christmas and all holidays particularly this first year after his passing.

Please know that you are thought of often and not just by me. I will offer up a special prayer for you that you will be able to enjoy the day with your family in the midst of your loss.

Many blessings.

dwil23
November 26th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Ann - I have been thinking about you today and the loss of your beloved husband. I know tomorrow is going to be a rough day for you as will Christmas and all holidays particularly this first year after his passing.

Please know that you are thought of often and not just by me. I will offer up a special prayer for you that you will be able to enjoy the day with your family in the midst of your loss.

Many blessings.

Will be praying for you and all those who have lost loved ones this year. The first year is so hard, but you are a strong lady and will find your way. Just remember - it is perfectly okay to cry.

Lindagie
November 26th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Ann and all who have lost a loved one; that first year is always hard, and I will be thinking of you. I still remember the first holiday after each of my parents passed away. Sometimes you think it will be just fine, but then all of a sudden a memory happens or something is said and it hits you. I am saying a prayer for each of you who have gone through this or have other hardships going on in your lives.

We are having dinner at our DIL's parents tomorrow, so I am making a veggie dish and also the dressing/stuffing, since they don't make it and our son wanted some dressing. It will just be a small group since our other children are going to their inlaws or are not coming home until the weekend. We are getting snow right now; it is very pretty, and I hope it is like last time; stay on the grass and off the roads. I hope that everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Simply Quilting
November 26th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Good Afternoon! Everyone slept in this morning. It was perfect weather as it was snowing. Snow has all melted and the high winds have came. We ran some errands. Both the boys got haircuts and look even more grownup than they are already.

I have a chiropractor appointment later to put back in the spot in the upper back that went out while I was cutting fabric on Monday night. I tell ya, quilting can be dangerous to your health. I should be good I hope once it is put back into place. There are several things to do around the house before tomorrow and I may consider doing some more cutting using a high table so I can get sewing on the Christmas quilts.

Have a safe Thanksgiving tomorrow. Hugs and prayers to those who are missing loved ones.

Have a wonderful rest of Thanksgiving Eve.

Ginny B
November 26th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Well it has been a busy day for sure. I snuck into my sewing room this morning after dh left for work and my two sons and granddog were still sleeping away. Then it was time to head to the kitchen and that is basically where I spent my day. Lots of veggies prepared, the extra turkey breast roasted and carved and extra gravy made. Also baked cookies and made the brownies and an apple pie. Glad the boys were here to help with stuff

Just taking a quick break to check in here and wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know it is going to be a difficult time for some of us so {{{{{hugs}}}}} to all who need them.

Heading back to the kitchen to prep the turkey (the least favorite thing on my "to do" list) and mix up the stuffing. I will have help with the chopping of the onions - dh always helps with that part. Then he will prep his brussels sprouts and stuffed mushrooms and after that we can finally call it a day. My eldest son called me the energizer bunny today.

Happy Thanksgiving