PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl's tea time

MayinJerset
November 26th, 2014, 04:15 AM
After 2 am but I've been up awhile, emptied the dishwasher, Swiftered the kitchen floor and now having a big mug of tea while I'm surfing the forum. Achy hip tonight, took 2 Advil awhile ago but they haven't kicked in yet. Hamstring muscle is pulling right down to my ankle- Ohoo that smarts at times. Later I'll lie on couch and do some stretching exercises. Night now I'll see what everyone has been up to today.

dlsnaples
November 26th, 2014, 04:30 AM
I feel your pain. I've had neck and back pain most of the day. That and a migraine , pain meds and now reflux. DH and DS are sleeping. The animals are following me around as I have a load of laundry in the washer and dryer and have the dishwasher preset to start in a couple of hours. Wish I could sit long enough to sew. At least the clothes and dishes will be clean Lol.

MayinJerset
November 26th, 2014, 04:44 AM
We might as well get something done while we're up and aching. My aches are a little less now so I'm try to get some more sleep if possible. Hope you're feeling a bit better also.

toggpine
November 26th, 2014, 05:26 AM
My creaks and groans are at a bare minimum tonight. Thankfully!

I have been running some laundry today myself. Mostly quilting fabric. * I made a quick run to J's to pick up some black & white prints, among others, while they were half off.* I have been mixing in the fabrics with the regular laundry to keep the colors separate.
Mom's quilt top is done, now to dye the backing, another reason I had to pre-wash the fabric. Next up: Dad's Freighters @ Sea quilt. He not-so-subtly hinted that a quilt to take to dialysis would be really nice. Ummm, what about the one Sis knit/crocheted for you a few years ago you never too out of the box? Oh well. I'll make him one and see if he takes it with him. He's odd about the things he tells other people. He would never say too much to me about the animals I would show. All of the guys at the Port knew about our placings at the state fair and how well we did when we went to the National show.

Once I get Dad's top done, then I'm going to see if I can get Hubby's chicken panels cut and re-assembled into a quilt top. Lots to get done before the holidays hit!

We have the turkeys marinating in the brine. They will hit the smoker either late tomorrow or early on Thursday. I have the rest of the carcasses simmering on the stove for Turkey soup base. I'll get the bread machine up and running tomorrow for Thursday's yeast rolls.

I'm about done for the night. I'll shift the laundry and head for the sack.

May you all feel better and get some rest!

snippet
November 26th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Tonight was my weekly quilting time with my sister and a friend. We are each making a pinwheel table runner that I saw on Pinterest.

It's so cool to see the same pattern done three different ways. I'll post pics when we finish them tomorrow.

Now that I'm home, I WAS going to finish quilting some other table runners I made. But I had to watch Dancing with the Stars - it is the finale and I'm rooting for Sadie.

While I was watching the show, I got online and decided to do something about my slow-as-a-snail laptop that I'm using. I should get a new one, as this one is at least 8 years old. Maybe another time. So I uninstalled a few programs I don't use anymore, did a disk cleanup, then rebooted. It is back to normal now! yippee When I do go to bed, I will probably defrag the disk.

Hope y'all have a good night!