PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Sad

carolynrae
November 26th, 2014, 03:45 AM
We are not suppose to outlive our grandchildren. We just learned one of our grandson's, James (26), has inoperable colon cancer. The doctor told him there was nothing they could do and just let it run its course. He is going to get another opinion anyway but......things look bleak. My sweet DIL (his mother) had thyroid cancer this past spring and had her thyroid removed. To top it off one of their daughters thinks she has breast cancer. Noticed problems for months but didn't want to go to the dr. to find out. It seems every one is having so many problems these days, the only thing that keeps me going is my faith in the Lord.

dwil23
November 26th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Oh Carolyn, my heart is breaking for you and your family. I am so sorry and will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

(((HUGS)))

pcbatiks
November 26th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Carolyn......this must be so difficult for your family. You all will be in my prayers. I know that others will pray too when they read your post. Hugs to you.

MayinJerset
November 26th, 2014, 04:10 AM
Oh Carolyn, It's no wonder you are beyond sad, I know I'd feel the same if one of our grandkids was that ill. Praying that there maybe some hope for your grandson, your granddaughter doesn't have breast cancer and their Mom is cured, they been through so much this year.

dlsnaples
November 26th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Carolyn, my heart goes out to you and your family. What terrible things to fall on yours. Prayers and hugs to you.

Swedish leo
November 26th, 2014, 04:37 AM
I am so sorry for you and your family

It is just not fair that this things happens

Love

Annika

Preeti
November 26th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Carolyn, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you!!!

easyquilts
November 26th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Carolyn.... It really is beyond sad.... I'm so sorry.... Having a grandvhild be so I'll must be horrible.....plus all thet her things that are going on... My heart goes out yo you and your family....can't even imagine the heartbreak.... God bless...

share60
November 26th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Adding your family to my prayer list.Yes we are not suppose to outlive our children/grandchldren.I can only feel for you sending hugsxx

Carol336
November 26th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Carolyn, my heart just breaks for you....I just can't begin to imagine the depth of your pain and sorrow. Sending huge {{{{HUGS}}}} and many prayers.

irishrn
November 26th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Carolyn. I am so sorry for the news you have received. I'm hoping each one of your family members can find the care they need and all the support for whatever lies ahead. Hugs to you and your family.

Monique
November 26th, 2014, 08:58 AM
That is so terribly sad indeed. Prayers to you and your family.

sewelegant
November 26th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Yes, you're family is going thru too much during this holiday season when everyone's supposed to be so happy. My heart goes out to you! You'll be in my prayers.

Bubby
November 26th, 2014, 09:22 AM
My heart is breaking for you and your family. I will hold you close in my thoughts and prayers. May the Peace and Grace of Jesus be with you in a mighty way. Barb

grannyann
November 26th, 2014, 09:31 AM
So much to deal with at one time. My prayers for you and your family. May God Bless you with the courage you will need to get through all of this.

Madeforyouinma11
November 26th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Mpyles
November 26th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Carolyn,

Prayers for all of your family!

Shirley
November 26th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Carolyn, so very sorry for your sad news. God bless your family. I will keep you in my prayers.

RiverMomm
((((((Carolyn))))))) I am so sorry. You are so right, we should never have to bury our children or grandchildren. I can't imagine how you are feeling!

My prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way to you and your family. May each day bring a little sunshine during this journey.

MRoy
Carolyn, I'm so sorry. I'm praying for you and your family.

quiltingtrish
November 26th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Prayers are coming from here also. I'm so sorry to hear about your family with so many going through so much.

Carlie Wolf
November 26th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm beyond words except to say I'm so so sorry. You're in my prayers.

ilive2craft2
November 26th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Hugs and prayers from here, too.

Over40momma
November 26th, 2014, 10:56 AM
There are no words that can take away your sadness or fear for those who are suffering. I will light a candle of hope for your family and know that we will keep them close in our prayers. :icon_hug:

MariaNaito
November 26th, 2014, 11:22 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your grandson, and other family members . I must be a very worrying time for you all. You are in my thoughts. Sending you a big hug.

ravelim
November 26th, 2014, 11:30 AM
So sorry for and yours. Faith seems to be the only way to ft through times lik these. Prayers for and your family. Hugs as well.

Carrie J
November 26th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Carolyn, sending my prayers to you and yours, hugs and comfort as well.

Liberty
November 26th, 2014, 11:53 AM
I'm so sorry! I'll pray for your family. Keep your faith and lean on God.

Dollyquilts
November 26th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Carolyn,
Prayers are on the wing for you and your family. What a heavy burden y'all are under.

Dolly

BobW
November 26th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Carolyn,

My wish for you is that you find peace and that the second opinion is better news. I hope you and your family pull together and find a way to enjoy the holiday. Draw strength from each other. I will be holding you in my positive thoughts and wishing for healing.

Grandma G
November 26th, 2014, 12:04 PM
This is almost beyond comprehension. So very sorry for all you and your family are dealing with right now. You are right - we shouldn't outlive our grandchildren or our children.

If there is anything that can be learned from this tragedy it is early detection. Don't put off going to the doctor when you feel something is going on in your body that you know is not quite right. Your chances of survival depend on it.

Many prayers to you and your family as you deal with all of this.

songbird857
November 26th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Carolyn,
My heart aches for you - I will be praying for your family.

carolynrae
November 26th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. Gerri you are right, early detection is really important. We must be more aggressive with our doctors when we feel something is wrong. We know our bodies and how they feel, when it doesn't feel right we need our doctors to listen. Carolyn

asta
November 26th, 2014, 02:23 PM
So sorry your family is facing these issues. Prayers being sent out for you and your family.

rebeccas-sewing
November 26th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this carolynrae. I can only imagine the grief your family is feeling. Lots of prayers will be said for you and your loved ones.

Sharyn J
November 26th, 2014, 03:09 PM
I am so sad to hear this news Carolynn. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mom23
November 26th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Oh Carolyn, that is just so sad. Of course you and your family will be in my prayers.

Lindagie
November 26th, 2014, 06:59 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. Of course I will be saying extra prayers for you and your family and hope that you will get much better news soon.

SallyO'Sews
November 26th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Oh, Carolyn, I'm so sorry. I'm a colorectal cancer survivor, and I will definitely keep James and the rest of your family in prayer. Please let us know what the 2nd doctor says. Hugs and blessings to all of you.

marytfnp
November 26th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Carolyn, I am sending prayers and hugs to you and your family.

Midge
November 26th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Carolyn, this is so tragic for your family. What heartbreaking news at any time, but your DGS and possibly his mother at the same time, is a terrible burden to bear. Many people will be praying for you now and in the coming days. Please let us know how they are doing.

auntiemern
November 26th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Carolyn, so sorry that you are going through all of this. Prayers for you and your family.

mommamarsh
November 26th, 2014, 11:25 PM
So sorry for you all . Caring thoughts coming your way .

stationarymom
November 27th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Carolyn I can understand why you must be so sad.I will keep you and your family in my prayers and hope that it may at least bring you some comfort.

MBCA
November 27th, 2014, 05:12 AM
Prayers to you and your family.

GrammaBabs
December 30th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Carolyn,,, just read this post...What a terrible thing to have happen in just one family... I can only say that i'll be thinking and praying for you and your loved ones.. It certainly gives us all reason to be greateful for any good health and positive things that some of us are blessed with... I know that it's just as difficult for the person standing on the sidelines a lot of the time... Strength to you and your family... Hugs, Barbara

jjkaiser
December 30th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Aww Carolyn, what awful news. I just don't understand why such bad things happen to such good people. Why doesn't this scourge rain down on the murderers and child molesters and terrorists who behead innocent people instead of wonderful families like yours.. that to me would seem fair...I hear your hopelessness and only hope the diagnosis was wrong. The hardest thing is there's nothing you can do to fix this for them. Maybe all our positive thoughts and prayers will help. We are all thinking of you.

CarolynK
December 30th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Carolyn, I'm so praying for you and your family and thinking about you all. What a tough road for all. Know that I (we all) are here for you and send you hugs, lots of them!