PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Greetings

Blondie
November 25th, 2014, 08:35 AM

Hello Folksies

This will be short and sweet and to the point. Have a happy happy day today; a wonderful Turkey Day - company is definitely arriving here in a few short hours - I will be offline until possibly the weekend -

I was up late late late last night with some tummy trouble; I think it is all gone now; feeling pretty chipper, just sleepy and needing to get some snickerdoodles made before the company gets here. Then cousin's wife, Karen, will be making a few things that she is known for.

be safe, enjoy your families, keep all of our brothers and sisters here and our nation close in your heart with prayers.

HUGS, Blessings and SMILES!

Grandma Nan
November 25th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Blondie I hope you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving holiday. I did send you an email to your triad address (not from the forum).

Bubby
November 25th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up early to take meds but will head back to bed in a minute. The good news is that I have no new rash this morning, need to get rid of what I already have. My head is still foggy but that could be the meds. Thanking Everyone for the wonderful cards, prayers, pm's, calls and messages. You are a fantastic group of friends....so special, loving, encouraging and supportive. At a time like this your prayers mean everything to us. Hugs, Barb

Annette Ackley
November 25th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to you Blondie!! Have a wonderful weekend with your family! I have to work today. It is Sr. Citizens day. I'm sure it will be a busy day. Then I'm off for the next two days. Spending Thanksgiving day at the DFIL, he is 90 years old. Gets around better than I do!!! Lol. Got some quilting to get done before next Guild meeting. Cutting it close!!! The weather has been warm and windy, starting to get cold again!!! Have a great day Everyone!!

CarolynK
November 25th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Good Morning all,

Barb, it is so good to see you here this morning. Take care of yourself and hoping you get well soon. Hugs and prayers for you.

It's Tuesday and I have a bunch of stuff to do before Thanksgiving. Tomorrow I'm taking a half day off to go into Wichita to my LQS to get the fabric I need to finish my UFO's.

Have a great day and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Carolyn

dhubert
November 25th, 2014, 09:09 AM
So good to see your post Barb! Glad you are feeling better - take it easy and don't overdo! Blessings to you and all those that frequent this forum - hoping each of you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving from central Texas!!

Debi

Shirley
November 25th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Blondie and everyone, have a wonderful, blessed and Happy thanksgiving! Btw Blondie, I love snickerdoodles!!

MayinJerset
November 25th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Blondie, Glad you mentioned it is Tuesday because when I woke up it thought it was Sunday. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and everyone else who will be so busy cooking up a storm or traveling to be with family or friends.

Glad to see Barb posting so that must mean she's getting better. So many down with colds that seem to linger, not the best feeling this busy time of the year.

Iris Girl
November 25th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Morning all. Barb so glad to see you posting. Rest and don't overdo it. Today is work should be nuts with a storm coming (9 to 12 inches between 10 am and noon tomorrow it will hit) Gonna make for badness with holiday travel and the first snowfall of the year everyone gets nuts. I am off tomorrow making pies. Son works early and should be home before it starts. Hubby is a truck driver and is slated to go to long Island tomorrow...but his boss said he is the final decision maker in weather he goes or not. So depending when we see the storm will hit he may leave at 4 am or 5 am instead of 6 to get the delivery done and home.
Hugs to those that need them. Stay warm all . Have a happy day. I need to make a pit stop at Joann's after work, glad they are in the same mall we are so just a few doors away. Doesn't make it any more pleasant though our Joann's has gone down hill in the last 2 years.

songbird857
November 25th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Amy R
November 25th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Yes Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Carlie Wolf
November 25th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Have a great time and lots of happy moments!

irishrn
November 25th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Good morning!
It is looking like some may have weather issues for traveling so I hope all stay safe!
I'll be busy getting final cleaning done and have to make a pit stop at the store ( yup! Forgot potatoes)
Otherwise I'm all set to cook up thanksgiving meal. Were going slightly smaller this year as there are just 4 of us!
I'd rather go small, but it still is too much food for us, so it allows the DD to take home some leftovers!!
Hoping Terri gets thru her flight today!
Barb, so glad to see you here. Wishing every day is a bit better than the day before!
Can't wait to get back to my sewing room!!!

Sandy Navas
November 25th, 2014, 10:43 AM

Blessings for all!!

GrammaBabs
November 25th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Always in my prayers.. Hugs, Barbara

ravelim
November 25th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Barbara glad to see you able to be here. Hope the meds work well for you.

I'm fortunate to be able to sit and sew today. Gonna get DS's quilt done yet.

Happy thanksgiving to those who won't be here tomorrow. Hugs and prayers for those who need them.

Simply Quilting
November 25th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Good Morning! We're off this morning for eye exams. Then I'm hoping to spend a little bit of time getting fabric cut out for the two quilts that need to be done by Christmas.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Blondie!

Prayers and hugs to those who need them.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

Monique
November 25th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Just a quick pop-in this morning. We went to visit Phil and Jodi on Friday and I am still here kind of stranded. Our jeep quit, hubby got a rental and went back home yesterday. I am waiting to see if the jeep will start. It does this some times and I thought we had it fixed, but obviously not. So here I am.

I did buy some yarn to make the girls some scarves so I am keeping busy that way. I walk Maizyn to school each morning. She is so excited to have her E home with her.

Jodi and I went shopping yesterday and did buy a few more xmas gifts.

That is all for me right now. I wish everyone a blessed day, prayers going out to those who need them.

BobW
November 25th, 2014, 12:11 PM

Blessings for all!!

Even me Sandy? ? ?

MRoy
November 25th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Good morning! Getting ready for a simple Thanksgiving here with just DH and me. No plans for shopping thru the weekend either.
Barb it's good to see you back on the morning thread! I'm glad you're continuing to feel better each day.
Happy pre-Thanksgiving everyone!

Sandy Navas
November 25th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Even me Sandy? ? ?

Most 'specially you!!! I'll even spice up the gravy for YOU!!

Carrie J
November 25th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Morning all! Happy pre-Thanksgiving, safe travels for those that are. Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially those that need them. Off for coffee, then the store and some baking. Yeah, there'll be some cutting today, but that's about it, the lull before the storm. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! :D

Angelia
November 25th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Blondie--that pacifier picture gave me a start!
Barb--so glad you are home and feeling better.
Happy pre-Thanksgiving prep to all. :)

pcbatiks
November 25th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Hi everyone..........hope you all have safe travels, happy get togethers and gobble till you wobble!

Time to put on the Eatin' Pants! :D

RockinLou
November 25th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Happy Tuesday, I'm saying goodnight to Tuesday here, it was a more pleasant day than Monday, but that's all I can say for it!

We had our first real snowfall of the season today, a good 5 inches fell steadily all day long. It is so beautiful to watch from my classroom windows, we all had a hard time focusing today!