PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for this night owl please

Terri
November 25th, 2014, 03:38 AM
I know there are so many others having so much worse things going on right now, but I need some relief and some prayer & good thoughts would really help......

Like many others I have been fighting that winter crud/cold/sinus yuck for a little over a week. I have a 7 am flight to FL to spend a week with my sister. Thanksgiving with my side of the family for the first time in 35 years! :icon_happy: Felt worse yesterday (Monday) morning, so I called & made an appt to see my ENT. He didn't say exactly what I have, I think it's a sinus infection w/some upper respiratory stuff. But at 10:30 he said he had already seen three others with the same thing. I am on ten days of a strong antibiotic (Levaquin-sp?), a steroid pack, and tessalon perles (sp?) for cough. The right side of my face has hurt so bad all day & night I wish I could just peel it off & clean it out!! :icon_sniff: I have had surgery on that side and it's that side that seems to always be affected the worse by any infection.

Again I know it's minor compared to others, but the air pressure of flying, the rather long layover that I have in Atlanta....the general yuck of holiday travel & not feeling well AND not having any sleep....let's just say I am not looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance my quilting friends. A safe & very Happy Thanksgiving to each & everyone of you!!! Prayers, blessing & warm {{{hugs}}} to those who need them.

Terri

pcbatiks
November 25th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Terri........I'll pray for you. A serious lack of sleep can really make you feel run down when you are already sick. I had congestion & pressure last week. The 2nd day I think I slept more than I was awake. It sounds like you have a long day tomorrow. When you get to your destination try to catch a long nap..........tell the family you don't feel well & go to sleep.

Praying that you will wake up feeling better and have a safe trip.

Midge
November 25th, 2014, 04:30 AM
Terri, I'm so sorry to hear you are this sick. Ironic, but I have the same darn thing and I'm sick as a dog. The fever, my swollen face on the left, no appetite, ache all over. I was told this was flu, which for me always develops into a sinus infection, and then bronchitis/laryngitis. If you feel like I feel there is no way I would fly. I'm not sure I want anyone near me for Thanksgiving right now, and I'm sure not cooking. But I understand that this is a chance for your family to reunite around a happy event and you don't want to be the one who backs out - even if you do have a good excuse. I'll sure be thinking of you. Let us know how you are doing.

toggpine
November 25th, 2014, 04:31 AM
I do hope you feel better soon.
Have you tried the saline sinus flush squirt bottle or nettie pot? It's kind of gross to see that stuff work it's way out. I stopped mine from going into an infection this round. I found that it will often relieve the pressure too since the water is warm. It does take a bit to get over the feeling that you may be drowning yourself.

Best if luck on your travels and I do hope that you have a good visit with your family!

Terri
November 25th, 2014, 05:16 AM
Thank you all. Midge, you poor thing.....from what you say, I definitely don't feel as bad as you do. Seems that I have developed a "habit" of getting sick before I fly to FL, did the same when I flew down in Feb for my sister's surprise 50th bday party! :icon_rolleyes: I knew not to wait based on how I feel. Toggpine, between DH & I we have enough sinus flush bottles & saline flush packets to last a lifetime! I has sinus surgery 10/10/13 and he had sinus surgery in May of this year. I also have a steroid powder to add to mine. ENT prescribed that when I got the infection in February. I was using it, but still not getting better....so that's why I went ahead & saw him. Good thing I did. Cooking for turkey day is going to be a family affair, we are each doing our part. I am doing the green beans and home made brownies....no calories of course. :D My two sisters & I are going to do the black Friday thing....I have never done it before and swore I never would. But with my two sisters I can "let my hair down" and have fun! It will be more people watching than actual shopping. Definitely going to get a good nap when I get to my sisters house, that bed sleeps really good! :icon_bored: :icon_bored: :icon_bored:

share60
November 25th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Terri wish you well you are in my thoughts and prayers fly safely to your loving familyxx
Shareen

kimsophia
November 25th, 2014, 05:55 AM
I'm praying the Lord grants you strength and healing, Terri.

Kim

Shirley
November 25th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Terri, so sorry to hear of your ailments. And it is worrisome that you will be flying. I have had sinus problems in the past and it. Is miserable. I have never tried it but have you tried the Neti pot, where you wash out your sinuses? I've heard good things about them. Good luck to you and anyone else that suffers with this misery.

MayinJerset
November 25th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Terri hope you could fly down to FL on the wings of angels but since you'll be on a plane make sure you take something like Advil, 2 of those babies always makes me fall asleep for a few hours.

songbird857
November 25th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Hugs Terri - feel better soon :)

Amy R
November 25th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Awww feel better soon! That levaquin should knock the yucks out quick for you!!

Terri
November 25th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Sitting in Atlanta....next flight isn't until noon. Flight from Augusta (GA) not bad, but it was less than an hour. Flight to Ft. Myers FL about 1.5 hrs. So far so good, meds working. I can breathe through both sides of my nose & pain is minimal. Prayers & good thoughts working!! 😀

Quiltfreestyle
November 25th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Hang in there Terri. And have a wonderful visit with your family. Then all the travel hassle will be worth it

JCY
November 25th, 2014, 11:58 AM
I also was going to suggest the Neti Pot. I started using one a few yrs. ago when my allergies were so bad. (I have hay fever in the spring from tree pollen.) Now I use it once every a.m. year 'round. It really helps. Make sure you use distilled water with it. Feel better soon, & enjoy your family visit. It's no fun being sick any time, but it seems worse when it's at a holiday time. Happy Thanksgiving. JCY