PDA

View Full Version : hopefully the healing will start.....

bubba
November 24th, 2014, 11:28 PM
No charges filed against the Ferguson officer. Hoping people keep cool heads.

songbird857
November 24th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Praying for calm streets in Ferguson tonight.

Sandy Navas
November 24th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Just watched - prayers to all there!!

Doloris
November 24th, 2014, 11:40 PM
saw it too. one person threw something and was getting belligerent and they were hauling him out of there. Hope the police can stay on top of it and let the peaceful demonstrations alone. It is the few crazies that cause all the problems.

sewelegant
November 24th, 2014, 11:56 PM
My prayers for peace in Ferguson.

shirleyknot
November 24th, 2014, 11:57 PM
That's all right then. Man just did his job the best he could.

bubba
November 25th, 2014, 12:09 AM
They are protesting and marching up in Seattle.......crazy people.

Doloris
November 25th, 2014, 12:09 AM
President is speaking right now

Carrie J
November 25th, 2014, 12:39 AM
We are a Nation of laws.........................may there be peace in the streets and safety for all those doing their Civil duty for the safety of all communities.

stitching woman
November 25th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Prayers for everyone in the Ferguson area and hope the healing can begin now. Be safe .

Mom23
November 25th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Let the healing begin. It just sickens and saddens me to see the violence that has erupted tonight. I will never understand how looting is a means of protesting. It's trespassing and stealing, plain and simple.

Jean, I know you aren't too far from where all of this is happening. Hunker down and stay safe.

Pray for peace!

auntiemern
November 25th, 2014, 02:15 AM
It is like a war zone up there. Praying for peace....but that isn't going to happen. The people up there destroying that neighborhood, don't want justice. The want a war. I wish the NG would do something...it is just sad.

Midge
November 25th, 2014, 02:33 AM
This is so tragic. When those fools who itch for violence find an excuse for it, look out. And any peaceful protestors get drowned out and have to flee for their lives. Someone explain to how burning a restaurant helps anyone.

Miss Sheri
November 25th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Marilyn, you nailed it, and I bet many that are there protesting and destroying property aren't even from that area. Their signs were pre-printed, they seemed to plan to create chaos, no matter what the verdict. I'm praying for the safety of all who are in the area, especially the police and firefighters, and the owners of the places that are being destroyed. It is selfishness and evil, plain and simple.

carolynrae
November 25th, 2014, 02:49 AM
Rioting here in L.A.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 25th, 2014, 02:52 AM
It's just crazy. Many businesses set on fire and looting all over. Peaceful protestors have left and the thugs are in control.

Miss Sheri
November 25th, 2014, 02:54 AM
Stay safe Jean, you are a precious commodity!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 25th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Stay safe Jean, you are a precious commodity!
We're just watching TV in disbelief of how this makes any sense at all.

easyquilts
November 25th, 2014, 03:16 AM
It's now after midnight, and things are bad in Ferguson, and some other cities... A cop has just been shot in Ferguson....

Let's all pray for peace...

Midge
November 25th, 2014, 03:17 AM
We're just watching TV in disbelief of how this makes any sense at all.

Jean you are right, this makes no sense. I fear for the innocent citizens of Ferguson who could get caught up in this nightmare by the sheer accident of living nearby. If I lived there and had children to protect, I think I would have gone anywhere else rather than stay near that nightmare. Prayers for Ferguson and surrounding communities. Stay safe Jean.

SuzyQue
November 25th, 2014, 03:23 AM
My DD has arrived safely at home. I know I couldn't sleep if she were still there. I am blessed....many are living in St. Louis area! Prayers continue. God knew my heart could not stand to lose my mom and my DD! I can't hug her enough tonight.

stationarymom
November 25th, 2014, 03:29 AM
I hope you can feel peace soon.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 25th, 2014, 03:36 AM
It's now after midnight, and things are bad in Ferguson, and some other cities... A cop has just been shot in Ferguson....

Let's all pray for peace...
No police shot in Ferguson, but a non-protest issue in another community, and he was shot in the arm, so he will be OK.

bubba
November 25th, 2014, 03:38 AM
These, I can't call them what I want, come from miles or states away. They are rebel rousers and they don't care who get in their way. They are hurting innocent business and property owners and they just don't care. Sad part is most will not be caught and held accountable for their actions.

When the riots went on in Seattle, the deputies and police officers I worked with had to go up there. It was terrible worrying about whether or not they would come back safely. I hope no more officers are hurt back there.

Simply Quilting
November 25th, 2014, 03:40 AM
Be safe Jean.

I'm praying that it settles down quickly. We have State Trooper friends and National Guard friends who are there right now. When they left, they were not sure how long they would be deployed for. I'm hoping that they will be able to call tomorrow and let their families know that they are safe.

Lindagie
November 25th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Not surprised that this has happened. The professional trouble makers were planning this no matter what the Grand Jury decided. I keep seeing all the mayhem in Ferguson and no one seems to be trying to stop them; burning buildings, looting, destroying property all over the city is just an excuse to be a hoodlum. It got completely out of hand very quickly. Shutting down a major highway in south city, shooting heard all over the area; restricting flights into Lambert Airport, obstucting emergency vehicles trying to get people to the hospital, etc. etc. I doubt if any of those responsible even listened to the prosecutor earlier tonight, and if they did hear him, they either didn't believe him or just don't care about facts or evidence. They don't care about "justice". They just want to start trouble; and I'm sure that Al "I don't pay my taxes" Sharpton will just fuel the fire even more when he shows up all over the news tomorrow with the Brown family. It is sad for the people who live there and were hoping that this incident would open the doors for real changes to occur in their community. It is heartbreaking to see this going on, and I pray for those who have to live in the middle of this chaos.

Suzette
November 25th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Yes, a lot of trouble-makers in Ferguson aren't locals, but out of state people who just want a reason to break the law and cause trouble. I am so saddened and am praying continually for peace.

Genny
November 25th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I watched this when the verdict was read and for the next 2 hours sat in disbelief of all the rioting and looting that was happening. The police car that was set on fire and the people that was being carried away because of the tear gas and thought...why in the world are you doing this to yourselves and your town...the place you live...the businesses that you shop in daily.
Then a reporter said something that really shocked me, he said that some of the people there even brought their children...I mean REALLY!

bscuzz
November 25th, 2014, 12:18 PM
America seems to be going backward - this all reminds me of the late 60's! Where is the leadership in this Country? How sad for parents to loose their son, but there is history to the actions of this young man. How and why he became the person he was is hard to fathom and doesn't lessen the loss those parents feel. Where is the empathy for this young officer, his life is ruined for doing his job to protect the public - none of the 'talking heads' even mention how this has affected him and his family. Just sad that there seems to be a mindset set in the 60's - that comes from the top - leadership, leadership, where is the Country's leaders? Al Sharpton in the White House as a consultant, what can we expect? This is sad for our Country!!! Pray that God will intervene for America! "B"

dwil23
November 25th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Promoting civil unrest is an industry. A money making industry for the likes of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and so on. Not to mention the Main Stream Media who stoke and provoke the hate by perpetuating lies and prejudices. Fabricate news stories and people believe them!! The media is not about reporting facts anymore - just about promoting their agenda.

Now off my soapbox!!

rebeccas-sewing
November 25th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Glad to hear you're beginning to heal.

auntiemern
November 25th, 2014, 01:23 PM
No one is beginning to heal. In the light of day, it is truly terrible. I personally am disgusted by what happened last night. The governor calls in the national guard, declares the area a state of emergency, and there were NO national guard in Ferguson while all of this was going on. They were in Clayton, en masse, where the numbers they had there were not needed. What happened up there was carried out with a plan. Certain business were targeted, and that is how they were hit, in order. Immediately, after it was clear, there would be no indictment....I saw a group of people take off running down the street. Before his speech was even over they were destroying buildings and looting. IMO this unrest was planned, and going to happen regardless of the outcome of the GJ. I fear it is not over. I worry about Jean being that close to the area, but am thankful that myself and my DD and DGK's are far enough away from it, that I am not worried about our safety. I do have family up in that area, that I will have in my prayers.

Mom23
November 25th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Perhaps THIS is the young man who should have addressed the protesters from the very beginning…rather than Mr. Jackson and/or Mr. Sharpton. Words of wisdom.

Fredrick Wilson II is one smart young man! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPUcA7yrErg)

MayinJerset
November 25th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Wise young man.

auntiemern
November 25th, 2014, 04:54 PM
You are 100% correct Robin. This young man spells it out with the truth and no other agenda.
Perhaps THIS is the young man who should have addressed the protesters from the very beginning…rather than Mr. Jackson and/or Mr. Sharpton. Words of wisdom.

Fredrick Wilson II is one smart young man! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPUcA7yrErg)

Lindagie
November 25th, 2014, 04:58 PM
There is no healing as it is still going on and the troublemakers are still at it today. IMO when the "peaceful" protestors start infringing on anyone else's rights then all bets are off. Blocking public streets, lying in the road and disturbing the peace are not peaceful protests. They should have never let these people get away with this the past few months. Their original message has gotten so lost in the turmoil that everyone is angry. The business owners who were targeted not only lost their livelihood, but all of their employees now have no jobs or ways to support their families. Great job by the criminals who decided to loot, destroy and burn down their city. Sickening!

auntiemern
November 25th, 2014, 05:32 PM
It is so sad that we had to cancel Gabe's appt at the hospital today. He was supposed to have an MRI to check everything. But no, the protestors have the exit to the hospital blocked and the area around the hospital. Why would they do that? Keeping people from getting their sick kids to the hospital. That makes no sense at all. SMH

Jean Sewing Machine
November 25th, 2014, 05:36 PM
The TV at my house is on SpongeBob's channel. I've had enough of protester TV for a while.

Sorry Marilyn about Gabe's appointment. The access to the hospital should not be blocked, this kind of action is beyond the pale.

Ahamblin
November 25th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Prayers for all. It is so sad that they have damaged their own community. I have never been able to understand this type of behavior.

bubba
November 25th, 2014, 07:13 PM
One of my police friends posted the question.....what would be going on had it been the officer shot?

I think we all know the answer.....nothing.

Genny
November 25th, 2014, 07:18 PM

He really is a smart young man!

Doloris
November 25th, 2014, 07:19 PM
There is a protest going on in Cleveland Ohio right now. They are linking arms and blocking traffic on the shoreway during rush hour traffic. That is one of the busiest roads in Cleveland. So far peaceful, but police are on site

bubba
November 25th, 2014, 07:29 PM
If they are blocking traffic and impeding people getting thru it is not peaceful. Lord help the person who might hit one of them.....

BeachLizard
November 25th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Promoting civil unrest is an industry. A money making industry for the likes of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and so on. Not to mention the Main Stream Media who stoke and provoke the hate by perpetuating lies and prejudices. Fabricate news stories and people believe them!! The media is not about reporting facts anymore - just about promoting their agenda.

Now off my soapbox!!

Oh heck no! Jump right on back up there! Mr. President please give this woman the floor.

Doloris
November 25th, 2014, 07:39 PM
If they are blocking traffic and impeding people getting thru it is not peaceful. Lord help the person who might hit one of them.....

they have dispersed peacefully and traffic moving again.

kensington
November 25th, 2014, 07:45 PM
No one is beginning to heal. In the light of day, it is truly terrible. I personally am disgusted by what happened last night. The governor calls in the national guard, declares the area a state of emergency, and there were NO national guard in Ferguson while all of this was going on. They were in Clayton, en masse, where the numbers they had there were not needed. What happened up there was carried out with a plan. Certain business were targeted, and that is how they were hit, in order. Immediately, after it was clear, there would be no indictment....I saw a group of people take off running down the street. Before his speech was even over they were destroying buildings and looting. IMO this unrest was planned, and going to happen regardless of the outcome of the GJ. I fear it is not over. I worry about Jean being that close to the area, but am thankful that myself and my DD and DGK's are far enough away from it, that I am not worried about our safety. I do have family up in that area, that I will have in my prayers.

I truly believe if the NG had engaged, many people would have been hurt or perhaps died. The sad fact is that it was a few looters compared to the mass number of those trying to protest, if the police had moved in and engaged them, innocent people who were between the police and the looters would have been harmed. They were mixed together, the looters in among the protesters, experience tells us that once the police engaged, it would have been a complete war in the streets.

I lived through the riots when Martin Luther King was killed, and that is how it went down. I lived in Va Beach when the GreekFest turned to rioting and destruction. The police were trapped between the looters and the onslaught of bottles being thrown. Once the crowd surrounds the police, it's over. Police are going to die. The National Guard did not come there to fight or engage the rioters, they are there to help in the aftermath. To form a block aide, if and when they police determined they couldn't handle it. Why should I send my son down there to be wounded or killed for a stupid crowd that wants to burn their own town down?

That is not what the NG is for. That is not their purpose. It never was. I wish you didn't have to go through this... it's so senseless. Yes, Ferguson is a mess, but no one died. Stores can be rebuilt, they have insurance. It's the law. But, in this case, when many could have died, no one did. I'm thinking that is something to be thankful for.

I also believe that had the police engaged them, on top of it breaking out into a war in the streets, the Media and the "coalitions" represented would have crucified the police, especially if one kid had been hurt. How would they have avoided that? Only by not engaging.

BeachLizard
November 25th, 2014, 07:48 PM
He really is a smart young man!

He hit the nail right on the head. Unfortunately he's right. And that's a crying shame.

dwil23
November 25th, 2014, 08:34 PM

Thanks for sharing!