PDA

View Full Version : Whoever said.....

BeachLizard
November 24th, 2014, 03:41 PM

.....women don't sweat like men is lying! Working out in the yard with hubs. Feels like 89 degrees....

--> it's Monday, 24 Nov 2014, a few days before Thanksgiving.

Sandy Navas
November 24th, 2014, 04:02 PM
You do know that you are being mean to all of us who woke to temperatures below freezing, right?

Just wait . . . sending you freezing rain . . .

bubba
November 24th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Looking for some sympathy to send your way.......sorry, can't find any!!

Gina
November 24th, 2014, 04:16 PM
I would love to see 84 degrees! It's not even winter yet and I already miss my flip-flops!!!!

buckeyequilter
November 24th, 2014, 04:32 PM
It's about 80 here
(mph winds)

Amy R
November 24th, 2014, 04:41 PM
OOO too hot there, too cold here. I need a juuuuust right LOL. And yeah we can get our sweat on!!

BeachLizard
November 24th, 2014, 05:03 PM
You do know that you are being mean to all of us who woke to temperatures below freezing, right?

Just wait . . . sending you freezing rain . . .

...would it help you and Bubba if I said I have the A/C on to try to simulate your temps because I sympathize....? Maybe sorta?

bubba
November 24th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Hope you have your sprinkler going too!!!

BeachLizard
November 24th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Looking for some sympathy to send your way.......sorry, can't find any!!

I'm raising a beer and holding a moment of silence... Here's to you.

ok.

Time for a sip. ;)

BeachLizard
November 24th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Hope you have your sprinkler going too!!!

Don't tempt me. Me and my spandex-clad bottom would be running thru it!

Sharyn J
November 24th, 2014, 05:18 PM
No sympathy here! The winds just about knocked me and the dog off our feet! Snow, rain, freezing rain, and wind............
It's just not fair!

quiltingtrish
November 24th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I know who said it - a man! I had my doctor ask me once if I exercised. I told him I mowed, lifted bags of mulch, dug holes, raked, shredded and carried leaves, weeded, etc and he had the audacity to tell me that wasn't classified as regular exercise. I set him straight when I also told him that I not only do it at my house but also at my dads so I think twice a week actually doing all that and the other 5 recouperating was classified in my book as exercise. He hasn't asked me since - :))
I'll think of you tomorrow. I took off to do my dad's leaves while it will be in the mid fifties before we get snow on Wednesday. Today it's 70.- just can't get to his house today to get it done before dark.

Sandy Navas
November 24th, 2014, 07:12 PM
...would it help you and Bubba if I said I have the A/C on to try to simulate your temps because I sympathize....? Maybe sorta?

When Al and I first married he turned the thermostat down to near freezing all the time and he was comfortable (?). And then we grew old together. Now I'm always warm, warmer, and even hot and he says he's chilled through is bones. He wants the heating blanket on the middle of August and the heat radiates to my side of the bed and I have the fan on and ice cubes on my forehead.

Got you!! I'll take the cold any day. I still have my Berkies on!!

Navy Wife
November 24th, 2014, 07:30 PM
We had 69 today in Knoxville, but the wind was blowing at 40 mph, gusts to 50. I stayed inside till I heard this horrendous noise. One of the shingles on the roof was loose and blowing up and down. It didn't blow off, at least not yet! Tomorrow will be more normal, in the 50's.

Angelia
November 24th, 2014, 07:50 PM
You can keep the heat--I met my sweat quota for the year back in May!

Vonnie
November 24th, 2014, 07:56 PM
DH and I lived in Tampa, Florida the first four years of our marriage We lived on the Air Force Base there. The winters were nice but the rest of the time it was hot and humid. There were times when the temperature and the humidity would be the same numbers. So I'm not jealous of your warm temps even tho we have the heater on.

songbird857
November 24th, 2014, 09:36 PM
um.... forecasters saying 6 to 10 inches of the white stuff on Wednesday here -

Carrie J
November 24th, 2014, 09:40 PM
HAH!!!! I remember icicles on the palm trees and hibiscus hedges Sister, and running smudge pots in orange groves to help the Citrus growers in High School!!! Don't tempt the Fates, they do listen and you might just get some unusual UFO's arriving...............................you just ain't right, ya know? ROFL!!!

dwil23
November 24th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Don't worry that no one else is sympathetic, because I sure am! When it's 73 degrees at 4 in the morning, you know it's going to be hot by afternoon. Just hold on til Wednesday - cooler temps will be back!!!!

dlsnaples
November 25th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Beach lizard, I hear you! I'm down in Naples. We have the ac going because of the red tide. YECH!
We talk with family back in Missouri. They complain about the cold, DH complains about the heat.
Me? I HATE the cold, don't mind the heat, just not crazy about the humidity. I love being able to walk outside though and almost always feel a breeze. St Louis (where we are from) is just as hot and humid in the summer as Naples. But in Naples, we always hae that wonderful breeze.

What kind of work are you doing in the yard?

BeachLizard
November 25th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Beach lizard, I hear you! I'm down in Naples. We have the ac going because of the red tide. YECH!
We talk with family back in Missouri. They complain about the cold, DH complains about the heat.
Me? I HATE the cold, don't mind the heat, just not crazy about the humidity. I love being able to walk outside though and almost always feel a breeze. St Louis (where we are from) is just as hot and humid in the summer as Naples. But in Naples, we always hae that wonderful breeze.

What kind of work are you doing in the yard?

Yuck! Red tide! I never really understood it but I know you shouldn't be in the water because it's nasty. Humidity has never really bothered me much. Never really gave it a thought. Spent most of my life in humid climates so I'm used to it. I lived in Kansas for several years and it's not really any different than St. Louis. Before my Dad retired from the military they lived in Jeff City which isn't far from St. Louis. They moved to Arizona about a week before September 11, 2001. I was with them on that move. You'll never appreciate humidity until you step into the desert for a couple of weeks. I just about dried up. It will do a number on your kidneys if you're not careful to drink your water. It was awful. I don't mind heat. Cold makes things a bit stiff. Son #2 is moving to Alaska in January. He's trying desperately to get us to move there. It's a whole different lifestyle there and I must admit I'm interested. My mind sees log home with long arm and lots of quilts. Peaceful. No traffic. No people as in large crowded populated areas. Just quiet. You know, the picture post card perfect existence. :) At the very least, he wants us to snowbird back and forth. We'll see. Anyway, the yard work - we were trimming the palm trees, bushes, hedges, weeding, edging and mowing. Oh, and pressure washing the sidewalks and driveway. You know, the usual stuff Florida folk do throughout most of the year... I'm feeling it today too. My butt cheeks and legs are seriously yelling at me today. So I'm sitting on it so it keeps quiet. Enjoying the quiet with coffee on the porch. Nice breeze with soft rain (Central Florida's version of snow in November). About 12+ Cardinals in the yard. But need to get up and start making my pie crusts for baking and get other stuff done so I'm not trying to do it all tomorrow.

Or maybe I'll just sit here for a little longer and enjoy the un-busyness of the morning. :)

Sandy Navas
November 25th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Cold makes things a bit stiff.

Or maybe I'll just sit here for a little longer and enjoy the un-busyness of the morning. :)

Who is complaining now?

BeachLizard
November 25th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Who is complaining now?

LOL. I've been complaining since yesterday! Too hot. Too cold a week ago. Too stiff whether hot or cold. LOL. And right now I'm just one hot mess. :) So I decided to give the old glutes a break and have a Jack n' Nog. :) Cheers.

Sandy Navas
November 25th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Jack 'n Nog - I'm on my way!!