PDA

View Full Version : What are your Sunday plans?

shermur
November 23rd, 2014, 07:55 AM
I hope to quilt today......I am working on the Christmas garland in one of Jenny's tutorials. I also hope to make fabric ornaments for the tree....goodness knows where in the living I will put it.

I got very sad news from my pregnant Navy daughter, Ashley, last night. It seems that the son-in-law I have yet to meet wants a divorce (they were married May 17th). Evidently the deployment was too much, or SIL felt pity that he's missed out on Ashley's pregnancy? I don't understand. But, I advised to my daughter that she wait since their courtship was very short and I feel they rushed into the marriage.

I've been trying too encourage my SIL to have patience and work things out upon his return....it doesn't look like it will happen. Ashley still has a little over a year to finish her 4 year obligation to the NAvy...she is uncertain on whether to re-up or not. I just hate that this Granny won't be near by to help out with the new grandson and how hard being a single Mom for my daughter will be.

Prayers and thoughts this way...please....:icon_stunned::icon_stunned:

Amy R
November 23rd, 2014, 09:11 AM
Well that is really sad news. :( Hopefully things work out. Maybe when the baby's born he'll have a change of heart.

CarolynK
November 23rd, 2014, 09:18 AM
Hang in there Amy. Maybe they will work things out. Sending you prayers and hugs.

Ginny B
November 23rd, 2014, 09:29 AM
Good morning. We have our grandsons 1st birthday party later on and, of course I have bunches to do to get ready for Thanksgiving. There are things calling to me from my sewing room too. I am off all week so hopefully things will get done at a nice steady pace.

Sherri, sorry to hear about what your daughter is going through. (((Hugs))) to you as you support and encourage her through this time.

Have a good day all

Iris Girl
November 23rd, 2014, 09:38 AM
Today I will make the stuffing for the turkey. Hope to quilt some more on my roses quilt. Work week ahead is a bit intense and I know what the customers will be like so taking it easy and hope this week goes well. At least I am off wed (pie making day) and thurs.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 23rd, 2014, 10:51 AM
Good morning! We are celebrating our Thanksgiving today. My daughter is here from Atlanta til Tuesday. And my other daughter who is the cook, is off from work. So today is the day! My great granddaughter spent the night, she had a blast with her second cousins last night doing art projects and watching Frozen til they all dropped in their tracks! I was a lost cause way before they were, so I just let the girls take care of the kiddos. Today will be busy enough and I needed my beauty sleep!

Sherri, I'm so sorry about your daughter's situation. Not a fun time ahead, but I'm sure she'll find her way!

Hope you all have a great day!

Sylvia H
November 23rd, 2014, 10:57 AM
I am sorry to hear about your daughter. No matter how old they are, they are still our children, and we can never stop worrying about them or wanting to help them.

Yesterday was a real bust for me. My body finally decided to react to the dental surgery I had on Thursday. (I had a tooth extracted and an implant put in place.) My sinuses were in a uproar, and I was so exhausted all day. I slept more than anything else. Feeling much better to day, so I hope to get a few chores done and then up to the quilting room for the rest of the day.

Sandy Navas
November 23rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Special thoughts and prayers going out to Ashley!!!

Another quiet day - I'll spend most of it working on a hanging snowman . . . have to get that noose just right. Pictures soon, I hope. Made one last week and had major issues.

Drizzly wet here - same as yesterday. Can't complain as the temp is comfortable though.

So many of my forum friends on my mind and in my heart today. If you are having issues just know that you're there, too!!

Navy Wife
November 23rd, 2014, 11:17 AM
Deployments are very hard on both people. It's especially hard on young couples. Most still need to "grow up" more, and being apart sometimes means one does and the other doesn't. Or they grow in different directions. Encourage them to get some counseling. The chaplain can be a big help in guiding them to the right people. There are many groups on base to help support your DD. Navy people gather around when someone has a problem.

I will be sewing on a baby quilt today. I hope to finish the applique and get it sandwiched to quilt tomorrow.

irishrn
November 23rd, 2014, 11:49 AM
I decided that this weekend I was going to finally overhaul my bedroom. So no sewing planned.
Yesterday DH slept till NOON so that left me only a few hours to get started before dinner!
I managed to get my desk completely emptied and cleaned out in prep to move my computer downstairs!
I can use the desk the computer is on in the sewing room for sewing space if I just remove the top portion!!
But did I get much done? Hell no!!
I can't believe the number of times DH needed something!! On top of that he put a bag of garbage on the side porch and forgot to put it in the can so overnight something decided it would be fun to have at it!! So I had to stop and get that all cleaned up too!!!
I started sorting thru all the desk stuff and ended up with a huge amount of info needing shredding! Then came dinner!!
When he realized I wanted him to help with that he decided he would call on his friend across the street!
He left at 7 pm and returned home at 930pm. By that time I had finished putting the desk back in order and shredded a trash bag worth of papers! Still have more to go but I made a huge dent in it!!
So today is my day. My GF is going to the rescue farm nearby to get a dog and I'm going with her!! Yeah!! PUPPIES!!!
But she did offer me a shovel to bury the body if I happened to get mad enough at DH!! LOL!!

ilive2craft2
November 23rd, 2014, 12:05 PM
Good morning all! I am also off this week, so trying to get the house in order for Thanksgiving. It has been a long time since a deep clean, so I am doing mini purges throughout the house before starting the actual cleaning - can I procrastinate or what? I think I am the queen of distraction - SQUIRREL! Of course, here I am on the computer, which does not accomplish anything!

Got the grocery shopping done yesterday. Going to make the pumpkin pies and apple squares on Wednesday. Hoping to get started quilting my son's t-shirt quilt. I think I will use working on it as a reward for getting things done around the house.

Sherri, so sorry to hear what your dd is going through. Hoping and praying that they can get some help and work through the issues. Deployments aren't easy and being newlyweds and expectant parents to the mix and emotions run high for both of them. Hugs and prayers for all of you.

Sandy, I hope you get the noose just right on your hanging snowman - girl, you crack me up!

Thoughts and prayers to all of our forum friends that are dealing with health and family issues.

Carrie J
November 23rd, 2014, 12:07 PM
Morning All! Very gloomy, sodden and cool here, good day for sewing! :D Will put the crockpot to use both here and at BFF's. Sheri, special thoughts prayers and hugs coming your way. Eileen, hear ya, can I go with you to play with the puppies? That sounds like just the salve and escape to me!

Today will be relatively quiet, as DH will be watching/sleeping through football. Do most of my "work" this morning, then hit the sewing room to finish DH's lap quilt. Then, I get to zoom around and decide what pattern to jump into for myself. Man, seems like it's been soooo long since thinking of one for me! And, I want to make tea cozies and casserole carriers too! Otherwise, not much brewing on the home front. Monday starts the hustle and bustle of the upcoming Thanksgiving dinner, though on a much smaller scale, so expect a very quiet day that day. Had a friend ask if I was going to do any of the "Black Friday" stuff, told her nope, not that crazy, have no desire to do the "lemming" routine. She then asked what a lemming was.................told her well it's not a pie! Had no clue what I was talking about!! Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially those that need them. :D

BellasQuilts
November 23rd, 2014, 12:14 PM
good morning all. Glad to be back in the states. Had to go to Peru for business. Peru is a lovely country with islands of prosperity and a sea of poverty. Came back with a nice contract too! Got to see the Nazca lines and the visit to the museum was great. They were weaving beautiful tapestries 2000 years ago. Lovely stuff.

Got to finish two quilts yesterday. Posted pics in my album. Today is catch up with homework (taking an online class). Prayers going out to Bubby and adding Ashley and her new family to the list. Hugs to all.

Amy R
November 23rd, 2014, 12:19 PM
hubby and I's lovely monsters had us up at 6am this fine Sunday morning.
Kit Kat breaks into soph's room, Soph wakes up scared, goes to one of us, wakes up the dog, dog torments the cat, the circle continues. Seriously, God rested on Sunday take the hint!!!
Anyway cinnamon roll breakfast, dog park and corn dogs later we're getting ready to put everyone down for a nap lol. It's only 10:16 am here it's going to be a looong day.
I'm going to hand quilt watching the games today. My goal is to have at least the first row done.

Cathy F
November 23rd, 2014, 12:48 PM
Morning all,

Just finished coffee and bagel, and reading the paper. Lazy morning!
No plans for today, we'll just see what unfolds during the day. I started a quilt label for my son-in-laws quilt that I should finish and get sewn on his quilt though.
Can't seem to get my head around the fact that Thursday is Thanksgiving, where has this year gone?! It seems each one goes a little faster!

Thinking of all our forum friends who are facing illness or problems and sending good wishes and healing thoughts for all.

Angelia
November 23rd, 2014, 01:00 PM
Sylvia, your body must have needed the rest. Dental work sounds like a small thing (after all, teeth are little), but it isn't. Get plenty of rest.

Sending good wishes to those who need them.

quiltingtrish
November 23rd, 2014, 02:16 PM
Sorry to hear about Ashley, Sherri. I will put her in my prayers. I'm sure she is scared about the future too, I hope she can find people on post that can help her.
After sitting around and napping off and on all day yesterday, I am up and about today. This head cold has been lingering for about a month now. No 'green stuff' so guess there is no infection. I think just as one cold is about to exit, another one comes in and takes over. The kids at school are all mostly walking around sneezing and runny noses (do they not know what tissues even look like?)
So - have to head to the food store and get my turkey, then try to figure out what to get son #2 for his 25th birthday gift. He will be home for the Thanksgiving holiday on school break and has to head back the day before his birthday. I don't have a clue what to get him. All he does is school and play a video game on the computer. Maybe I'll buy him a bunch of his favorite snacks but knowing him he will leave them all here. Maybe a gift card that he can use at various restaurants, then he can choose where to go. I wanted to get him AAA for his car but he said we'll talk about it when he gets home. Kids!
Well, then I have to go to my dad's and I'm sure his hot house won't help this head cold, it is 80 in there. You almost have to wear shorts when you are inside in the winter.
Guess I better hit the food store. I procrastinate whenever I can going there - not my favorite chore but if they want turkey, guess I better get moving.
Thinking and praying for Bubby this morning and anyone else who needs them today. The Good Lord up above knows who you are.
Hugs,

easyquilts
November 23rd, 2014, 03:35 PM
Such sad news.... I' so sorry your daughter is facing such a possible diVorce, and hope things will eventually work out for the young family....,

bakermom
November 23rd, 2014, 05:04 PM
Planned on working on a baby quilt(Grandchild due in the spring) but really should finish the candy I started since it is one of my contributions to Thanksgiving dinner. Cant put it off too long since I will be working all week and will have loooong hours due to the holiday.

MayinJerset
November 23rd, 2014, 08:02 PM
We had a delicious brunch for DGD J's 18th Bday, she loved the memory ring we gave her. DGS B was very attentive to me, giving me support going up and down the steps to the house - no railing for me to hold onto and DS#3took us out to dinner on Sat. night, all in all a good weekend with family.

Sherri, Sad about your DD's situation, maybe when SIL is back in States they can work things.