PDA

View Full Version : and I'm off......

bubba
November 22nd, 2014, 01:10 PM
to the land of the great bazaar!!! I already need a nap!

Quiltfreestyle
November 22nd, 2014, 01:39 PM
Where are you going?? Sounds like shopping? Have fun THEN take a nap :)

bubba
November 22nd, 2014, 09:55 PM
Nope, I was selling. My two older sisters and I had a booth at a bazaar. I sold double what the two of them did put together did, so that was good. Now I am hungry and pooped!

Sandy Navas
November 22nd, 2014, 09:58 PM
Nope, I was selling. My two older sisters and I had a booth at a bazaar. I sold double what the two of them did put together did, so that was good. Now I am hungry and pooped!

And she'll have to deal with two cranky sisters who are beginning to wonder if she was adopted.

Carrie J
November 22nd, 2014, 09:58 PM

Pat, hip, hip, hurray! Ummmmm, that last sentenced is reversed, bwahahahaha! ;) :D

BeachLizard
November 22nd, 2014, 11:56 PM
And she'll have to deal with two cranky sisters who are beginning to wonder if she was adopted.

ROFL. :icon_rofl::icon_crazy:

bubba
November 23rd, 2014, 01:01 AM
And Sandra dear, it was the sister after me that was adopted.....but, they did not like her and brought her back! There are five of us, I'm the middle, I was there with the two oldest. #4 is basically crazy and I avoid her and I have not spoken to #5 in over ten years and really don't care if I ever do again. Decided a long time ago that if a friend did half what she had done to me that they would not be my friend, so that was the end of that!

Learner quilter
November 23rd, 2014, 06:26 AM
Well said Pat, I have 2 sisters I don't talk too either of them. Friends are much better...

Hulamoon
November 23rd, 2014, 08:50 AM
I wish i had a sister :( What were they selling?

Iris Girl
November 23rd, 2014, 09:07 AM
I wish i had a sister :(

Me too !
All I got was a crazy jealous sister in law whom we have not spoken to in at least 10 or 15 years maybe more.

Vonnie
November 23rd, 2014, 09:07 AM
I wish i had a sister :( What were they selling?

You have forum brothers and sisters - does that count?

Navy Wife
November 23rd, 2014, 11:30 AM
I hope quilting sisters and brothers count! I have 1 sister, but she is younger than my DD. We talk to each other 1 or 2 times a year. No hard feelings, we just don't know each other. I grew up in GA with young parents, and she grew up in FL with old parents. I'm more like her elderly aunt!

RockinLou
November 23rd, 2014, 12:19 PM
I am the youngest of four, two older sisters... It's my brother who I could never speak to again and be okay. It took having my own kids for me to reflect on my childhood in a way that let me see that he was abusive to me from a very early age and nobody ever bothered to step in and do anything about it. The prince walked on water... Right through high school, college, and straight into rehab during law school. He really shouldn't be employable, but my dad keeps him on as a file clerk.

My older sister is my best friend in the whole world!! She is fabulous, and our idea of the best day is sewing together. She does more garments than quilts, but she is amazing. The one older than the two of us is wacky in her own way, but she provides of with lots of entertainment!!

Quilt-sisters... I've collected many of them over the years, and even though they are usually 15-30 years older than me, I still couldn't live without them!!

bubba
November 23rd, 2014, 04:40 PM
What were they selling?

The oldest, Pam, had little wallets and cell phone wallets and those baskets you make out of clothesline wrapped with fabric...oh, and some makeup bags. Paula, who started this whole thing did not have a single purse to sell!!! She has told me the past three weeks that is all she has been sewing! Oh wait, she did have one she sewed just the night before. She also had casserole carriers. I sold all my bowl cozies, a purse, four of my tile coasters. A woman wanted to buy one of my water boys and was very cranky with me when she learned that we did not take credit cards!!! Oh well.....I gave her my business card, but I don't expect to hear from her about it.