PDA

View Full Version : Oh Saturday!

aliaslaceygreen
November 22nd, 2014, 09:41 AM
Good Morning!

I get to go to work at a reasonable hour of 9 instead of 6 like the last few days; don't know what to do with myself so early!
(yeah, no, quilting isn't gonna happen this early)

So...HELLO!!
Is everyone ready for Turkey Day? What's on the menu??

I'm making the apple/sausage stuffing and taking it to my husband's Aunts house.
My DD is making glazed carrots...
The rest of the day will be devoted to The Parade on TV, holiday movies and writing Christmas cards...basically a lazy day before Black Friday Craziness-Weekend!

Amy R
November 22nd, 2014, 09:51 AM
Morning! I have no idea what my sister has in store, the usual turkey, green bean casserole etc. I have some ripe bananas begging to be made into banana bread so I'm going to make up a loaf to bring down with us.
We'll watch the parade and football should be really nice!

irishrn
November 22nd, 2014, 10:32 AM
I'll be cooking for my DH, DD and her BF. Grand dog Finn will probably come too! I usually have enough for the kids to take home left overs. And each year my GF is always a possibility as she is Canadian and her kids are all married to Americans so they usually travel to their spouses families! We decided to do a smaller version this year so we will have turkey, potatoes, stuffing, gravy, GB casserole, rolls and the fave vegetable casserole they all like. Apple pie for dessert!
I still have to get the vegetables and apples on Monday.
But today I am tackling the bedroom!! It should be a long day! Tomorrow the living room!! Just shoot me!!!
Since DH got sick in October I have let a lot go! But he is starting to perk up and I can't put it off any longer!!

Simply Quilting
November 22nd, 2014, 11:00 AM
Good Morning!!! We are looking at the usual for Thanksgiving Dinner. My biggest thing right now is knowing how many people are going to be here so that I have enough food fixed but not too much - I don't care to eat leftovers for a week as we will have a dinner at the in-laws over the weekend.

Today the children have bowling. Then we were given tickets to the college basketball game this afternoon. After the children go to bed, I'm hoping to do the quilting for two table runners.

Have a great Saturday everyone :)

Carrie J
November 22nd, 2014, 11:35 AM
Morning All! :D

The usual fare, but minus 4 ..............................kids are visiting in-laws this year, so our big dinner will be for Christmas! Will have the BFF over, as she underwent pretty extensive surgery Tuesday week ago. The Cowboys will be front in center, and looking forward to the turkey enduced naps afterwards. LOL!

Picking up BFF to bring home today, get her settled back at home, Check and double check for items needed at the store, meds, groceries, etc. Then will have a few hours at home to do some sewing before doing the afternoon/ evening check with her. Home Health starts tomorrow, which will ease the schedule somewhat for me. Otherwise, rain coming in, for the entire day. Hugs n Blessings to all, especially those that need them!

Angelia
November 22nd, 2014, 12:02 PM
I always do the traditional dinner--to me, that is not negotiable! :) I make LOTS, no matter the number of guests, because we love the leftovers.

Carrie--so glad your friend gets to go home today. Home is always better!

Live to Quilt
November 22nd, 2014, 11:05 PM
Carrie.........

YOU are a great friend! Bless you for all you have done for your BFF. Does she know how lucky she is to have you?
Bless you

Jean Anne

Carrie J
November 23rd, 2014, 12:07 AM
Thanks Angelia and Jean Anne, not so much to do for a dear friend really! She'd do,the same for me, I'm just glad she's back home, tucked in and on the mend! Last call tonight just made to check on her. Snug and warm, fed and sleepy. All good, being home will hasten her healing. Picking up her pup Monday for her, and she'll be soooo tickled! It's the small things, ya know, that make life so very grand.

Ginny B
November 23rd, 2014, 12:37 AM
Not a large crowd for us this year for Thanksgiving-- unless a couple of cousins make it. Not sure on them yet. If not, there will be six of us. But I still cook up a storm. Everyone gets leftovers to take home. Two of my sons will be here along with my sister and her significant other and hubby and I. Oh, and of course, my granddog, Booda. :) He counts too. We do the traditional dishes and of course, watch the parade and football. My sons will probably be here a day or two ahead so I will get to visit with them --- and probably put them to work a bit too. LOL

MayinJerset
November 23rd, 2014, 08:14 PM
This Thanksgiving I'm doing very little besides setting the table, roasting the turkey, making the stuffing and a dessert, DS#3 and GF are making all the veggie sides and bringing a dessert. DS#2 and his DD will join us for dessert.