PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Night Owl...

MayinJerset
November 22nd, 2014, 03:42 AM
who is hanging out on the forum when she should be packing for tomorrow's trip to Mass. I know what I want to wear and bring with me, just need to gather everything and pack.

Have DGD J's 18th birthday gifts all wrapped and ready to go. DS#3 cooks but I don't think he bakes so I'm bringing a cranberry bread I baked this afternoon. She has to work at TJMax Sat. night so we'll be doing a Bday brunch on Sunday, we'll squeeze a Bday cake in somewhere during our visit.

Also wrapped a small artificial decorated Christmas tree, an early Christmas gift for a friend in NY and plan to stop at her place on our way home to Jersey Sunday night. Busy weekend to be sure.

Wondering what the other Night Owls have planned for this weekend?

stationarymom
November 22nd, 2014, 03:59 AM
Have a great weekend and a safe trip.

Hulamoon
November 22nd, 2014, 04:00 AM
Cleaning. One of my dd's is coming from the Big island. She's not staying here, but I know she will be coming over a couple of times. Then I'm going to go through my stash for the chidrens tote bag group. many years ago I bought a bolt of fabric for my older dd's curtains and she grew out of it before I got to make them. So what better than tote bags!

Cathy F
November 22nd, 2014, 04:47 AM
Don't have too much planned. My husband is meeting our daughter in the morning at a local airport to watch her take her first flying lesson. Who knew she wanted to learn how to fly! She certainly is my adventurous one, she also went skydiving a few years ago. She didn't tell us until after the jump and surprised us by sensing us the picture. My son knew cause she had to list an emergency contact but he never said a word! Guess it's better I didn't know. So anyway it will mean somesewing time upstairs while he's gone.
I may make some chicken pot pies for dinner, now that the weather turned cold I make some heavier dinners.
Other than that a pretty lazy weekend. May I sent you the recipe for the cookies!

pcbatiks
November 22nd, 2014, 05:19 AM
If it's not raining to much in the morning I will be going to Target to buy grocery items that I didn't get earlier in the week.........because of the itchy drips. Then back home & hopefully decide on the binding fabric for my wall hanging.

Hope you have a good trip May.

toggpine
November 22nd, 2014, 06:16 AM
We have the grandson tomorrow morning for a while.

Our neighbor brought over two salmon this week and hubby has fileted them and they are soaking in a brine overnight. Tomorrow the neighbor will bring his others over and we'll fill the smoker and have some yummy treats to bring with us for the holidays!

I have more jelly to make from the fruit that I froze over the summer as it came ripe. I probably won't be doing that while the little one is running about the house. I may even wait until next week. The fresh cranberries usually go on sale for a fraction of the price After Thanksgiving, and I made some yummy cran-mandarin orange marmalade last year. Then I only have to heat up the big water-bath canner one more time, then I can put it away and free the counters for Christmas baking.

There is always more to do in the sewing room. I did finish the snow people blocks. Next will be to trim them down to size and create the top. I even tried the Big Foot FMQ foot on the machine and I think it will work. I'll have to give it a real test drive with a sandwich, but it looks promising!

Seeing as I'll have a three year old here in about 6 hours, I should probably hit the hay!

Have a good trip May!

MayinJerset
November 22nd, 2014, 08:26 AM
Thanks Cathy I have the recipe. 6am and I'm drying off from my shower, hope my hair dries before we leave as it's cold out there. Had hoped to put some rollers in my hair but I think some mouse and a combing will do today. I'll comb it out at our first potty stop, the last exit on the Garden State Parkway, DH will also need a coffee refill. He gets a coffee refill at every other refreshment house along the way so it's no wonder we stop a lot. Looking forward to seeing grandkids and DS#3.

Andrea F
November 22nd, 2014, 08:48 AM
I'm going to a chinese restaurant with my little sister #3 tonight. That's all I have planned for the weekend. Well, besides cleaning and doing huge piles of laundry. The mailman just brought the Monster High fabric I need to make the christmas quilt for my other niece. So I hope to get some quality time with my VEST (Thomas calls my Janome machine 'very expensive stipple thing' and now the abbreviation is her name) in and get started on that quilt.

Have a safe trip and a fun weekend, dear May!

Lonna
November 22nd, 2014, 09:06 AM
Quite weekend here work until 2 this afternoon which should be fun as big lack of sleep because of this head cold. Oh how I long for a good nights rest. Three weeks now with this head cold. Then after that the only plan this weekend is to take Max and Skully to Pet Smart for nail trimmings and to pick up Max's heart worm medication. Otherwise I do believe it will be a quite sewing weekend at home.

Wishing safe travels for those who will be on the roadways this weekend.

kimsophia
November 22nd, 2014, 09:36 AM
I baked some whole wheat bread tonight and I may make some pumpkin spice cake. I got most of our T-giving ingredients yesterday afternoon so all we need is a turkey tenderloin for DH and I. We've gotten some freezing rain already so driving is off our list of things to do until the streets and bridges are safe. :)