PDA

View Full Version : Friday ~ TGIF

Blondie
August 19th, 2011, 06:00 AM

Happy Friday ladies

A lovely morning already; made especially lovlier because it is a pleasant temp with the windows open, crickets singing and a good cup of coffee.

I have to work, naturally, but what are y'all planning on doing today?
Trish, if I talk when I am cutting, I stop cutting. LOL. I prefer to listen while I work. I remember at a hair seminar some years back a statistic that most women change hairdressers every 8 years. The reason? They feel as if they are not heard any longer and that the hairdresser does what she wants to do. In other words, they get in a rut. Whenever you are ready for a change, ask lots of questions or even walk in a salon, ask if you can look through their hair style books and magazines. Then watch and observe who does what. I really believe that their needs to be trust with that intimate a service.

Oh, btw, zicam is working pretty good. Feel fit as a fiddle and it isn't 5 am yet.

SMILE ladies. Have a great day.

pisceslibra
August 19th, 2011, 06:31 AM
good moring hope everyone has a good day mine started at 3:30 this morining when my 5 month old descide he wanted to stay up and not be happy with anything so i hope i can get a nap in today before my 3 year old comes home from grandmas but im thinking about cutting into my fabric today and getting started on my first quilt not sure witch one i want to do yet d9p or the double sliced layer cake so i will be thinking about that for the next few hours because i want to be sure before cutting any fabric

ElaineP
August 19th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Morning Blondie It's almost midday in UK and I've done the week's food shopping, planned menus for the week, two loads of washing,and have now stopped for well earned coffee break!

This afternoon? who knows but hopefully it will involve sewing!

Have a good day :) Elaine

quiltingtrish
August 19th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Good morning everyone!
I got the fabrics chosen for the 9 pillowcases, cut out, pinned, sewed the first stitching on them, and got them all turned right side out yesterday. To do one or 2 doesn't take much time, but add quantity to that and it takes all day. So today I'll finish them up, throw everything I have made into the washer and get them all priced for tomorrow. Also have to pull out the yard sale items I have, get to the bank for change and pack the car tonight. Think I'll stop at the dollar store to see what they have for any cute ideas of what to use to price the homemade items.
Thanks for the advice Blondie. I haven't gone to get my 'do' yet, still thinking about it. My hairdresser is a very close friend and she does a wonderful job, just really hacks too much off most of the time.
Well, better get busy.

Hugs,

Loonwatcher
August 19th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Morning All! TGIF! I look so forward to weekends these days. I've been in the same job for too long (16 years) but I'm too old to go through the job search thing. Guess I just have to stick it out until I can figure out a way to retire. If only I could make quilting profitable but right now I need the job to support the habit. :D

Today is DH's 57th birthday. I gave him part of his present last night on the condition that he had to wear it to work (construction). It was a T-shirt that said "Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional." That fits DH perfectly. And he had it on this morning when he left. Going to dinner tonight to restaurant of his choice.

Have a nice day everyone!

Bubby
August 19th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Good Morning!!! We're having a storm with pouring rain and all the trimmings...lightning, thunder, hail, wind, etc.....On my agenda today is a trip to town to get my hair done...highllights and lowlights. For such a tiny town we sure have a good hairdresser. There are others, of course, but one good one.

Our weekend includes lots of mowing (weather permitting) and a possible trip to Springfield to Bass Pro, which could include a quick trip to the quilt shop!!

I wish everyone a wonderful Friday and an even better weekend....Hugs, Barb

oldgurl4
August 19th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Morning Everyone!!
Indeed it's a Beautiful Friday Morning!

~Blondie~ Can I have one of your Freshly cups of Coffee....
I could sure use one!!
Dragged myself out of bed to do the morning Run now that I'm less sore.

~Trish~ I wish I lived closer to Ya to hang out at the Sale.... I have Nothing planned for the Weekend... Just Home.... Me & the Threads only.

Let's see what kind of Trouble or Creation Mood I'll B getting in...Hee-hee

~PiscesLibra~ Hang in there!!!... Time FLYS.....Really FLYS fast.... a D9P sounds Lovely....I need to give that one a try.

~loonwatcher~ Happy B-day to HUBBY!!. Ya think he'll Like Oatmeal Cake?

~ElaineP~ Ill race Ya to the Sewing Room! LOL

Well Ladies... You as well Have an AWESOME Friday!

TTYL

Shirley
August 19th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Good Morning All!
I love reading everyone's posts. And I love this site. Wouldn't it be great if we could all sit around Blondie's table and have a cup of coffee and get acquainted? Sounds like fun.
Bubby where do you live in the Ozarks? When I was a child we lived in Louisburg for 3 years and then 4 years in Hermitage. Good Memories!
Have a wonderful weekend ladies!!

Sandy Navas
August 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Good Morning all!! My cuppa hasn't helped at all this morning. All I want to do is go crawl back in bed. Al is outside making an effort to clean up from the debris left from last night's storm. We got the NW portion of Barb's storm. We have several trees down, huge limbs, leaves all over the place. The bottom of the pool is BLACK with piles and piles of leaves. They estimated 90 MPH winds, and we observed hail the size of golf balls. Six acres of clean-up await us. And I don't have the energy to walk out the front door.

Hope Blondie has that coffee klatch scheduled soon so we can all sit down and chat. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Take care, enjoy the day, plan for the weekend. I'm headed back to bed.

bakermom
August 19th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Should be quiet here today. i need to decide what to take for tomorrow's big picnic at DSis and BIL's . So far I'm thinking corn relish. I like to take dish that I don't have to worry about keeping hot.
also working on a smocked bubble for new GS. The smocking is almost done. I have to trace and cut out the rest of the pieces. Otherwise I'm kind of at a standstill as far as sewing/quilting. Need to straightne up this place a bit, DDs will be coming in a few weeks for GS baptism. Amazing how stuff collects in what used to be their bedroom,LOL

Monique
August 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Well Friday has arrived and my baby has gone home. It has been an absolute pleasure to have the kids here for a few days. My Maizyn is such a joy that I can't get enough of her. She is now 16 months old. Although the last few days she has not been feeling very well. Not sure what the problem is but she is fevered. And I get to hold her and cuddle as much as a 16 month old will let you. She has been up early in the morning, 6-6:30 and then she gets to stay in bed with grandma and poppa for a little while.
i might get a little quilting in today, but not before a nap!!

We have a "Celebration of Life" to attend tomorrow. A good friend passed away. There have been three deaths all within a week, one was only 49. So sad.

So to everyone here in the forum, don't take life for granted. Don't be shy with the love. It does go a long way.

I love you all and treasure your friendships.

Have a wonderful weekend each and every one of you!

xoxoxoxoxox

singer fan
August 19th, 2011, 04:19 PM
happy tgif to everyone. we survived the storm in nw missouri. the siding looks like swiss cheese and it broke every window on the north side of house, but the sewing room was safe, thank goodness. Alot of us are still out of power and no one was hurt. So I get to go home after work and finish picking up glass and tree limbs. Maybe I'll have a cup of coffee first. tomorrow will be a better day.

debinmalaga
August 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Afternoon, everyone! Singer Fan, sorry to hear about the damage from the storm! It's been a wild year for weather, for sure.

Have four quilts for kids quilts to quilt, so that'll keep me busy this weekend. Hope everyone has a dandy one.

janluna
August 19th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Hey girls and gents, I couldn't get on MSQC for love nor money! My computer would just sit and spin! I could go to all the other web sites, just not this one. It was driving me crazy! I have to have my MSQC fix on a daily basis or I go into withdrawal!! I was glad and pleasantly surprised when I went right to the site and it opened today. I missed you all.
News on Emily is not good. Her ANC level was 890. Before they said 1100 was a panic number, but they are not really doing anything about it. We are scared and bewildered as to why they are backing off and not treating this as an emergency. All they did was put her on an antibiotic called Meprone, which is an awful med to take in hopes that it will allow her white count to come back up. Her platelet count is down to 100,000. It dropped 50,000 points. We were told if her ANC level got to 1100 that they would want her to get a transfusion. But they are not doing anything but the antibiotic!??! They did mention the bone marrow transplant but not an idea as to what hospital she should go to, or what Doctor. All the hospitals they mentioned before are out of state except for John Hopkins which is in New York City. That's 350 miles away. the others are in Ohio and Seattle and PA. We don't care where, just want the best that handles aplastic anemia, and in Pediatrics. We are all scared. So that's where we are. I know you will all pray for the best outcome. Thank you for your prayers. all my love and Hugs, Jan L. .

Blondie
August 19th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Hi ladies
Been a long and pleasant day and enjoyable evening with family. I am about ready to hit the hay and do it all over again tomorrow.

I sure am sorry to hear that someone else got MY rain. Our 80 per cent chance hit the detour once again. I got my water bill the other day and boy, am I glad that my summer veggies are d-o-n-e ! Sorry to read of the damage also happening to many in the Mo area. This year has been really full of strong and violent weather. Be safe, Ladies!

Jan, I am so sorry to read of Emily's situation. You go through that medical jargon like a pro. And I know you are. My heart goes out to each of you in the family and my prayers are for a miraculous touch that only God gives completely. I know that you are a strong woman of faith, Jan. I stand with you in faith, seeking His will and timing, and direction for that place that Emily will receive the medical attention she needs What a great Gramma you are.

Ladies, I hear my hubs snoring in the other room. I need to go tickle his feet and wake him up otherwise I will have to grab my pillow and sleep on the sofa. No fun. He snuggles too good. See you in the morning.
Blessings!

Blondie

sewmuchjan
August 19th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Jan L ditto what Blondie said and for all that had bad storms God keep you all.
And goodnight dear Blondie with LL we will see you in the AM.

God Bless all of you and wrap you all in His loving arms goodnight,
Hugs and love you all.
Jan G

janluna
August 19th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Good night everyone, Thank you for your prayers for Emily, You don't know how much we appreciate them. We believe in the power of prayer. And we believe in God's infinite love and wisdom for us. We are asking Him to heal Emily so she can stay with us. However, if that is not what He has planned, we will accept His will. Right now, we will just enjoy every moment we can spend with her. And pray for remission or a complete healing. Thank you, for your faith, Love and kindness and for your prayers on Emily's behalf, and for her Mom, Dad and sisters.
Sleep well and be rested. God bless, Hugs, Jan

P.S. Did I mention that I'm scared!!!!!!!!!!