PDA

View Full Version : Dang cat

Hulamoon
November 21st, 2014, 07:38 PM
I went and splurged on a round of Brie. I heard that soft cheese was less calories than hard, so I said why not with some French bread.

She jumped on the counter, dragged it down and ate the whole thing! :icon_angry:

Genny
November 21st, 2014, 07:41 PM
I went and splurged on a round of Brie. I heard that soft cheese was less calories than hard, so I said why not with some French bread.

She jumped on the counter, dragged it down and ate the whole thing! :icon_angry:

Well she probably won't poop for a while...lol... sorry but it struck me funny...

Dollyquilts
November 21st, 2014, 07:52 PM
I thought it was just the opposite. Hard cheese has less calories. I'll have to do more research. We used to make baked brie with garlic and slivered almonds. Yummmmm.

Dollyquilts
November 21st, 2014, 07:57 PM
You're correct. It's not a significant difference, but most soft cheeses are lower in calories. The hard cheeses contain more calcium. Brief and Camembert have fewer calories than cheddar.

Andrea F
November 21st, 2014, 08:25 PM
Once, one of my sister's cats stole a slice of cold meat right from my bread while it was on a plate on the table. And another time she tried to steal a sweet roll directly from my hand. :D

Hulamoon
November 21st, 2014, 08:31 PM
Well she probably won't poop for a while...lol... sorry but it struck me funny...

Well she deserves it. :lol:

Once, one of my sister's cats stole a slice of cold meat right from my bread while it was on a plate on the table. And another time she tried to steal a sweet roll directly from my hand. :D

That's how this cat is too. She is so rude. lol

Carrie J
November 21st, 2014, 08:38 PM

ROFLMBO! Ok, spewed Sprite on this one!

Lorie, oh girl, I'd be killin' me a cat fer sure! Can't tell ya how many times I've chased a new cat throughout the house with a broom til they pant over bad behavior. My Hubs says it's like watching a comedy routine. Complete with pirateese! Love 'em, but the only one allowed to have attitude in my house is ME!

Sandy Navas
November 21st, 2014, 08:44 PM
We had friends who owned a Dalmatian. We were invited for a backyard feast - complete with grilled rib-eyes. We rang the doorbell, they answered and the Dalmatian woofed down four very expensive steaks. Another time they had pizza on their back deck, someone came to the door and when they returned the caught the Dalmatian burying the last piece of pizza in their brand new white couch . . .

Jean Sewing Machine
November 21st, 2014, 08:47 PM
I caught my cat stealing the last slice of bacon left after breakfast yesterday. He's 17+ years old! It took determination on his part to get to the bacon, he can no longer jump in his old age.

Granny Fran
November 21st, 2014, 09:26 PM
Oh, Lorie, next time cut him his own piece first. LOL We had a rescue kitten that would jump up the front of me and whatever I was wearing to see if he could try and get whatever I was eating right out of my mouth. Took him to the vet and the vet said he had "issues" about not having enough food when his was little. No kidding.

MaryD
November 21st, 2014, 09:34 PM
Spinach the Wonder Cat used to wander around accidently dragging her tail feathers across any plate of food at the level of her tail feathers. The kids used to give her whatever was left on the plate. Even years after this 'reward' was stopped, she still did it.

She was also the only cat I know who ate her dried food by picking up each piece with her paw and putting it into her mouth with her paw. She particularly loved brussel spouts - woe betide anyone who didn't share their brussel spouts.

She lived into her 24th year. An amazing cat.

shirleyknot
November 21st, 2014, 10:05 PM
I really dislike cats with no manners. Mine is 13 and has KNOWN better than to do something like that since she was little.

easyquilts
November 21st, 2014, 10:37 PM
LO?L..... Sorry to laugh, but I can't tell you how many snacks I 'very lost to Spencer, the larger of my two Chihuahuas. He even ate my heating aid a few months ago.... Nothing is safe....

pcbatiks
November 21st, 2014, 11:45 PM
I bet you wanted to hug that cat "real tight"! :D Sorry I had to chuckle.........It brought back a painful memory.

When I was a teenager I bought myself a bag of much beloved salted cashew nuts at the mall. I came home ate a few....put the bag on my desk.....& left for work. When I came home the bag was laying on the floor empty!!! Our little dog....no bigger than 10 lbs had jumped on a chair by my desk got the bag of cashew and ate every single one of them! Good thing she was so cute.......as you can tell I'm still not completely over the incident! :D

laura44
November 22nd, 2014, 03:11 AM
Poor kitty! When my husband was little his St Bernard grabbed a roast off the table.
Once I opened the refrig and my beagle came up behind me and grabbed a chicken leg
and ran. My dachshund will stand next to me and cry whenever we have turkey
or chicken.

Hulamoon
November 22nd, 2014, 03:50 AM
Kitty ate 360 calories, rind and all. Little piggy. lol So speaking of calories, the Brie is 80 per oz (1/4 wheel) cheddar is 100 and more fat. If you were curious :)

Loved all your stories:)

pcbatiks
November 22nd, 2014, 05:38 AM
Good grief, Lorie! You're making me hungry for cheddar cheese! :D

Hulamoon
November 22nd, 2014, 06:02 AM
Good grief, Lorie! You're making me hungry for cheddar cheese! :D

I know I feel like having a quesadilla right now!

Vonnie
November 22nd, 2014, 08:19 AM
LOL - those sneaky critters!

Our last dog ate my youngest sons unguarded bacon cheeseburger. My son was 9 at the time and our dog weighed 60 pounds - gobbled up that burger real quick and went around the house with a doggie grin for a while and my son was in tears!

I also remember when he was able to snag a pot of gravy off the stove along with the leftover biscuits and ate them before we found out - they can be so quick when they know they are doing something they shouldn't!

Sandy Navas
November 22nd, 2014, 10:55 AM
Just be glad that you dog didn't eat your bubble gum:

CarolynK
November 22nd, 2014, 10:59 AM
I laughed way too hard at this! Sorry, but my Haley (a Black Lab) is the ultimate thief. She'll steal anything and when she was young, she was a counter surfer. Nothing was safe including a whole loaf of bread. I didn't think she'd ever quit pooping. I had a baby shower a couple years ago, she helped herself to all the purses on the floor and stole the chewing gum.