PDA

View Full Version : Quick update on surgery.

easyquilts
November 20th, 2014, 10:30 PM
I don 'to thunk I realized that what I had was considered major eye surgery.... I got the message today, when they took the bandage iff, and I saw absolutely nothing. I thought I couldn't 'open my eye, so when the tech assured me it was open, I was shocked....

There is still blood there, and the eye pressure is super low, because there are ten little holes in my eye...yikes!

It will take three to four weeks for the eye to heal. They expect my vision to,be less than it was, but close... It's possible I won't be able to drive.... Everybody cross your fingers! I was just on the edge before...

I have a clear plastic patch to wear.... I really want to rub my eye... It itches! I'm pretty much doing nothing....

Thanks for your prayers and good thoughts....

Grandma G
November 20th, 2014, 10:35 PM
And those prayers will continue. Hopefully all will turn out well.

cmhquilter
November 20th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Prayers for a speedy recovery.

stationarymom
November 21st, 2014, 02:55 AM
Hang in there Sandy and give those prayers time to do their work.I hope soon everything will be back to normal for you.As far as not driving I can understand your concern I have never driven because of seizures.I'm sure when you need you will fing people that will help you.

Bubby
November 21st, 2014, 03:07 AM
Hang in there, Sandy. Hopefully each day will bring noticeable improvement. I hope you will still be able to drive. HUGS.

MBCA
November 21st, 2014, 03:19 AM
Prayers abound! Take the time to dream of all you future projects.

Embquilt
November 21st, 2014, 05:30 AM
Prayers for a speedy recovery and a positive outcome on its way to you

share60
November 21st, 2014, 09:01 AM
Sending you prayers hugsxxx Be patient!!

CarolynK
November 21st, 2014, 09:11 AM
Hang in there, Sandy. I'm hoping it heals well and you have a very positive result. Take it easy and let it heal. Sending hugs and prayers.

Simply Quilting
November 21st, 2014, 11:39 AM
{{{HUGS}}} Praying that you have a speedy recovery.

Gina
November 21st, 2014, 12:36 PM
:icon_hug: Sending you more prayers!

Grandma Nan
November 21st, 2014, 12:42 PM
Sandy wishing you all the best thoughts. Stay positive and know everyone here on the Forum is cheering for you.

Carah
November 21st, 2014, 12:49 PM
Prayers for a full recovery & better sight than before! He can do all.

Liberty
November 21st, 2014, 12:51 PM
Prayers, Sandy! :)

rebeccas-sewing
November 21st, 2014, 01:03 PM
Wishing you well on your recovery. Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. Thank goodness the doctors have figured out ways to help us get through some of life's biggest challenges.

easyquilts
November 21st, 2014, 01:21 PM
Thank you...everyone....for your continued prayers...and all those wonderful hugs.. Who doesn't love hugs?

I'll just have to be patient..... I have a lot of confidence in my doctors.... The Cincinnati Eye Institute is an amazing place....

Love you all....

Annette Ackley
November 21st, 2014, 08:12 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery!! Don't itch the eye!!!

Andrea F
November 21st, 2014, 08:15 PM
Sending more good thoughts and hugs for a speedy recovery!

klgls
November 22nd, 2014, 10:17 AM
Praying for you that you get relief from the itching and quick healing!

ravelim
November 22nd, 2014, 10:49 AM
I know it is scary when you open your eyes and can't see. But I know as the eye clears it will seem such admirable. Bless you.

bscuzz
November 23rd, 2014, 03:11 AM
Prayer is the best medicine there is - and I will add my prayers for your sight to be restored quickly! "B"

Tina W
November 23rd, 2014, 05:51 AM
Sending prayers your way and hope you'll be able to drive soon.